MAC Pro Longwear (PLW Nourishing Waterproof Foundation) (May 7)

montREALady

Oh no!! :(
I have to check whether we have the foundation in stores yet so I can get a sample.
I got samples of two colors when it came out and tried it once. Keep forgetting I have it. I must revisit, can't even remember if I liked it!

montREALady

I got samples of two colors when it came out and tried it once. Keep forgetting I have it. I must revisit, can't even remember if I liked it!
I think I tried NW45 the last time and came to the usual conclusion that it's too orange. Tried NC50 today and it's better. No oxidizing, then again I have dry skin.

mac_aiken

I got a sample in Nw15. The color match was good but I really did NOT like this foundation. I found it thick, sticky and difficult to work with. By the end of the day my face looked awful. Epic FAIL.

Gygy

Who would imagine that one day I would wear a liquid foundation?
Not me!
I tried it (just because I'm curious, but so far no cream or liquid foundation went on my skin , I hate the feeling of these ( I tried all liquid foundations from MAC -really hate the cream formulas as my skin is combination: super dry and oily at the same time- and from many many other brands ( High -end to drugstore) but it wasn't for me.

I stayed and loved my Bare minerals powder (R430 in the "Ready" range- Warm tan in orginal) for 9 years now, that is what suits me the best and what feels the best for me...

Until this foundation (NC45 for me)! It is super lightweight, I can't "feel" it, I can't "see" it (okay just a tiny 'cause I'm super picky on this) and it looks real skin :)
It does not dry out my skin, and my foundation stays put all day like freshly applied without becoming oily. Love it!
I wore it one day from 8 AM til 11.30 PM: only from 11 to 11.30 my forehead was a tiny bit oily!

Yoohoo! Holy Grail? Definitely for me!
(I use it with 159 brush (I love it)
(oh and it works nicely as concealer too, but sometimes, I do add some matchmaster 7/ peach lustre & bright forecast under it when I need to hide those dark circles from short nights).

At first, I went only for the beautiful 135 Brush (I got 2! ;) ) I love it and use it to apply my Bare minerals mineral veil over my make up at the end.
Perfect!

- Then I saw these, I checked the shades, opted for the NC45 and tried myself half a drop on "bottom of my cheek": it disappeared! I said woah! cool; a really perfect shade? Interesting!
Than I had a MUA apply it on my face, I found it pretty good but a tiny bit "too much". I asked for a sample to try it with "my" dose (less product).
The day after, I tried it, and at end of day: pretty nice result. Throughout the day too: no shine, no dryness, perfect and fresh face: super cool! :-D
The same day, I went to buy the full size!
And I wear it everyday since!
So happy!

- Oh, last point:
Goood points for me: the size and packaging: love the tube format and that it is not a ton of product as I don't need a lot for my face. It will last me a year!
It is just perfect for me.
I know some users complain about the size, but really, I think one or two drops max are enough for my natural effect I want, just one drop more and it covers "ok to a bit too much" for my liking, more is an absolute no-no.

- Hum, last last point: I use no powder on top of this, would be too heavy for me (unless maybe some Bare minerals because it is already super light weight too, but then not over al the face would be too much)

--- Really sorry to be so long on this but I have to tell you:
At least on me: it is a No transfer product! (of course if you rub your face on something: you'll see it!) but just let's say: dress/undress: I was so surprised!
Amazing.

I'm in love!

Gygy

I picked up the powder today in Dark Deep. I dont wear foundation but I am NC50 in Prolongwear concealer and usually wear Dark in the winter and Dark Deep in the summer.I've had it on since lunchtime and I love it so far. Oh and btw that Timecheck lotion is everything! It feels like a moisturizer and primer in one .
Great! You look pretty and your face looks really nice. (blue top/dress suits you nicely too! )
That is the type of "make up" I like: natural looking :)

I'm usually don't wear liquid/creamy foundation too, but I'm in love with this one.
I don't think I'll have the powder.
I was thinking about getting the Timecheck lotion too, got a sample but even the "swatch" was a go for me, so I think I'll buy it.

lustnmakeup

I wore the foundation for the 1st time on Friday. I am usually NC50 but this one does seem a tad bit dark. I may get NC45 to mix or just use my PLW concealer in NC45 to mix in the meantime. I love the formula and its lightweight. I'm not big fan of full coverage foundation anymore like I use to be.

Gygy

[...]
--- Really sorry to be so long on this but I have to tell you:
At least on me: it is a No transfer product! (of course if you rub your face on something: you'll see it!) but just let's say: dress/undress: I was so surprised!
Amazing.

I'm in love!
Back with update: weather is much warmer these days in France/Paris, today, I didn't apply any powder on top of the foundation, it was (only) around 26 to 28°C and I had to blot it and saw color on the paper.... It did not move from my face... I'll see on wednesday: forecast is 38°C ....
But still, i did not put my make up off yet, it is midnight, (watching Scandal! love it!) and I still look super fresh!
And it stays lightweight.
I really like this foundation ( my frst love might stay Bare minerals powder but) I really like this foundation.

pandorablack

Word to the wise about this foundation: it will gunk up your brushes something awful. It's nearly impossible to remove from the brushes. You have to remove it with makeup remover (I used an oil based cleanser by Dermalogica called Precleanse). Soap/brush cleaner/shampoo does NOT dissolve it, not even a little.

Ninahita

i gave in and bought one. had it in nc15 at first, but it turned out to be way too pasty for me. thankfully i was able to exchange it for nc20, and this seems to match pretty well :)
i use it with a sponge and love the finish. i can see it a bit on the hairs on my face, but not in a way that it annoys me or is too obvious. it gives a very porcelain doll like finish on my skin :) love it!

lipstick007

Got my order in today-here's comparison swatches: Top to bottom: StudioFix Fluid NW10 Prolongwear Nourishing Waterproof NW15 Prolongwear concealer NW15
351ee688_image.jpeg

Gygy

Word to the wise about this foundation: it will gunk up your brushes something awful. It's nearly impossible to remove from the brushes. You have to remove it with makeup remover (I used an oil based cleanser by Dermalogica called Precleanse). Soap/brush cleaner/shampoo does NOT dissolve it, not even a little.
Oh, really?
I'm sorry about what it did to your brushes.

>> I have no trouble at all cleaning my brushes after I used this foundation...
>> I kept the same routine: just with a basic soft soap (one with milk- same I use for my body).

Wondering what happened about yours....

Monsy

I finally ordered it after trying out the sample. I am excited. I love mac foundations

kirsten

I love this foundation. I've been wearing it daily for about 2 weeks now and I'm impressed. Perfect summer foundation for me that stays put even if I get sweaty in the summer heat and humidity. I'm using the new pro longwear powder over. Only thing is I don't find it nourishing but I haven't had any breakouts. I even ordered Too Faced Born This Way foundation, wore it once and hated it. Prefer this much more!

bunnypoet

I love this foundation. I've been wearing it daily for about 2 weeks now and I'm impressed. Perfect summer foundation for me that stays put even if I get sweaty in the summer heat and humidity. I'm using the new pro longwear powder over. Only thing is I don't find it nourishing but I haven't had any breakouts. I even ordered Too Faced Born This Way foundation, wore it once and hated it. Prefer this much more!
I need to try this foundation out and see how it holds up in the 100+ days we have around here.