MAC Pro Longwear (PLW Nourishing Waterproof Foundation) (May 7)

Lipsnliner

I received this foundation in the post today and it is horrible. It has a very thick, dry texture and is very hard to blend. It also felt very heavy and cakey. What a disappointment! 
You mind if I ask what your skin type is? I'm trying to narrow down what skin types like it most and why...

shellygrrl

Staff member
Karen at Makeup and Beauty Blog has a review up. http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/product-reviews/mac-pro-longwear-nourishing-waterproof-foundation-the-best-liquid-foundation-ive-seen-from-mac-in-years/

NATlar

I have two samples of this foundation in NC15 and so far I love it! MAC foundations don't usually go well with my skin, but this one is amazing! I love the satin finish it gives my skin and how nourishing it is.

Shars

Set your makeup with Ben Nye Neutral Set. It's a sweat retardant.
th_wink3.gif
Are the tinted ones also sweat retardant? (e.g. ebony, topaz, sienna, etc.)

erine1881

Are the tinted ones also sweat retardant? (e.g. ebony, topaz, sienna, etc.)
I don't believe they are. The sweat-retardant is part of the setting property of the neutral set, and the tinted powders aren't setting powders.

Shars

I don't believe they are. The sweat-retardant is part of the setting property of the neutral set, and the tinted powders aren't setting powders.
Ah okay. I wanted to try that neutral set but am afraid it will leave a cast on me. Maybe I can try using it before applying my foundation as opposed to on top?

Twinkle_Twinkle

Ah okay. I wanted to try that neutral set but am afraid it will leave a cast on me. Maybe I can try using it before applying my foundation as opposed to on top?
It shouldn't. I'm NW45 and Neutral Set never left a cast on me. I left Neutral Set behind though and have been using Kryolan's Anti-Shine Powder for years. I was never really that impressed with Neutral Set but my Kryolan is Holy Grail. Less is more with both the Ben Nye Neutral Set and the Kryolan Anti-Shine Powder though.

Shars

It shouldn't. I'm NW45 and Neutral Set never left a cast on me. I left Neutral Set behind though and have been using Kryolan's Anti-Shine Powder for years. I was never really that impressed with Neutral Set but my Kryolan is Holy Grail. Less is more with both the Ben Nye Neutral Set and the Kryolan Anti-Shine Powder though.
Wow thanks! We're the same shade so I'll try to see if I can get a sample of both to see what works best for me.

erine1881

Neutral Set has absolutely no colour, as opposed to translucent powders, which do have some colour.

GucciGirl

I am loooooooving this powder so far! I've been wearing it with the prolongwear concealer just bounced on my blemishes and under my eyes and I have been getting compliments and people asking what am I wearing all day. I left my powder at home but Its 3:46 and I don't even need to blot!

Shars

I am loooooooving this powder so far! I've been wearing it with the prolongwear concealer just bounced on my blemishes and under my eyes and I have been getting compliments and people asking what am I wearing all day. I left my powder at home but Its 3:46 and I don't even need to blot!
Good to hear! Are you typically oily/combination?

GucciGirl

Nice! That sounds promising! I think I read earlier up you said you were about NC50 and that you were going to grab Dark Deep (I think), did you experience any oxidation with the powder?
Ye I am NC50 in the Prolongwear concealer . I only mention specifically the concealer because I heard that it runs a little different than the foundation. I did get the Dark Deep and it is perfect. He tried the Dark and it was too light almost ashy looking! LOL... The powder didn't oxidize on me at all.. I always use a primer so I don't know if that stopped the oxidation since its controlling the oil. Oh and that Timecheck lotion underneath this powder is everything!!! LOL

Shars

Ye I am NC50 in the Prolongwear concealer . I only mention specifically the concealer because I heard that it runs a little different than the foundation. I did get the Dark Deep and it is perfect. He tried the Dark and it was too light almost ashy looking! LOL... The powder didn't oxidize on me at all.. I always use a primer so I don't know if that stopped the oxidation since its controlling the oil. Oh and that Timecheck lotion underneath this powder is everything!!! LOL
Thank you! Will get a sample of the timecheck lotion next time I'm in store.