Mac Pro Palettes discussion

Pinkdollface

The palettes are on the dutch mac site, but they are not available for purchase yet. Also the old palettes have disappeared, so now I'm thinking these will replace the old ones. So now palettes will be more expensive
angry.gif

Old price for the blush x6 and the eyeshadow x15 was €14.50
New prices:
€19.50 for the large/single and large duo's (these are without the inserts)
€12 for the inserts (blush x6 or eyeshadow x15)

If you want a single palette with a insert you'll have to spend €31.50 now and that was €14.50 before!
WTH Mac why so much more?! And why is a empty single just as expensive as a duo? I want the old palettes back already.

OhSoJaded

The palettes are on the dutch mac site, but they are not available for purchase yet. Also the old palettes have disappeared, so now I'm thinking these will replace the old ones. So now palettes will be more expensive
angry.gif

New prices:

If you want a single palette with a insert you'll have to spend €31.50 now and that was €14.50 before!
WTH Mac why so much more?! And why is a empty single just as expensive as a duo? I want the old palettes back already.
I still see the old style palettes on the regular MAC site. Can anyone with access to the US PRO site confirm whether or not the new style palettes are listed?

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
angry.gif

New prices:

I just checked the site, I see them on the dutch site, but not on the german yet.
31,50 for an empty palette is just nuts, the prices seem really random. I mean 12 Euro for the insert part alone?! Come on MAC.
poke.gif

Thinking about getting an old one while I stilll can, there's even a free shipping code today. Hm...

Icecaramellatte

Hhmm.. I wonder if Mac would raise the price of the palettes just to discontinue them a few weeks later. Will the 4 pan be discontinued?

kimibos

Im really confused with this palettes. how many eyeshadows will they hold with the insert and with out it?? and then the price.

romi79_2008

I `m so not getting any more mac pallettes!!! Does any one knows what brans were the palettes that fit mac larger es, were they ben nye or mufe, or both? those are like 12-13 $

MACina

icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
.....OMG!!!!!

That is unbelievable....maybe I should really get some of the old palettes as long as I can.

angry.gif

New prices:

princess sarah

WOAH! that is a rather large price jump!!

I understand that with the new inserts you can hold more with the inserts but seriously that is still a bit high

Im still keen to see them tho and check out an 'eyeshadow story book' as you open the palette and flip around the inserts
flower.gif

Pinkdollface

Im still keen to see them tho and check out an 'eyeshadow story book' as you open the palette and flip around the inserts
flower.gif
The inserts hold the same amount as the old ones. You have a insert for the shadows that holds 15 and an insert for the blushes that holds 6.

The book thing sounds cool, but you need two inserts so it will cost €43.50 and two old palettes that hold the same amount total were €29! I just hate this price increase. With the old palettes it was more economical to get refills and put them in palettes, but with the prices of the new ones that won't be the case anymore.

Mac-Guy

I still see the old style palettes on the regular MAC site. Can anyone with access to the US PRO site confirm whether or not the new style palettes are listed?
Only the old ones. The release of the new ones for the US seems to be further delayed...

Mac-Guy

Wahhhhh.. there's a lip palette??? I'm soooo late! LOL. I don't see it anywhere on the site.. is it Pro only? :(..
There was a Spring 2012, Fall 2012, and the Spring 2013 are just about to come out + four palettes with shades from the perm collection. It's Pro only, but non Pros can order them over the phone.

prettygirl

There was a Spring 2012, Fall 2012, and the Spring 2013 are just about to come out + four palettes with shades from the perm collection. It's Pro only, but non Pros can order them over the phone.
Thanks love! I will have to check these out!

DanceLovesMAC

Does anyone know if the large single palette without an insert would work like a freedom system palette? Maybe I just won't buy any inserts?

amberave

I think it would be a little unfair to make these palettes pro only and then discontinue the 15 palettes you can buy at the regular store..