Mac Pro Palettes discussion

Sarah Caron

I found this on Ebay. Does anyone have these for MAC pans?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251153024785?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

There is a picture there that shows MAC blushes in it. It doesn't look like it's an exact fit and the MAC pans are a tiny bit smaller/taller. I wonder if there is enough room in there to make the bottom of the case magnetic so it's easier to put MAC depots in and out from the larger MAC palettes.

I called MUFE today to order a couple directly. MUFE actually sells them for $3, opposed to this seller that is selling it for $8.50. I had to call a couple stores before finding them though.

I'll let everyone know what it's like when I get it..
I'm so excited to see this!!! I just depotted all my blushes the night before last and I have had severe depotter's guilt! I was wondering how I can take them with me anywhere (something I should have thought of before I depotted)... Please let us know how well the MAC ones fit in there, and thanks for sharing!

Sweeziee

C
My double came today.
835edd65_image.jpeg
[/quote can't wait to get mine!

Mac4Megan

Im going away for 4 days so i made this to take with me, it has my e/s, blush, contour, bronzer, finishing powder and my eyeliner. There is also still room for 1 mire blush or a few more e/s colours. The only other makeup i need to bring is mascara, concealer and foundation. I like having most of the products in one place so I'm not rooting around in my makeup bag looking for things.
8ce4a319_image.jpeg

ChosenOne

It satisfies that OCD "itch" and how are you going to relate someone your beautiful EOTD without knowing the names?
Exactly! I always label both my personal and my professional palettes. Last night, I got my other double-sided palettes that I had ordered and proceeded to spend the next 5 and a half hours depotting and labeling
icon_eek.gif
So worth it though. I have a few empty spots in them, but I'm trying to be good and wait until April to buy refills, since that's the month I plan to go broke from buying too much makeup anyway, lol.

gracie90

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne

Exactly! I always label both my personal and my professional palettes. Last night, I got my other double-sided palettes that I had ordered and proceeded to spend the next 5 and a half hours depotting and labeling
icon_eek.gif
So worth it though. I have a few empty spots in them, but I'm trying to be good and wait until April to buy refills, since that's the month I plan to go broke from buying too much makeup anyway, lol.

I'm so weird, because that sounds really relaxing! I bet your palettes look amazing!

ChosenOne

Quote:
I'm so weird, because that sounds really relaxing! I bet your palettes look amazing!
Thanks! It was relaxing, but tedious. I have some free time tomorrow so maybe I'll take pics of them. Though the empty spots make them look a little less sexy...

erine1881

I have sold all of my old single ones and now just have the new ones, but I wanted the doubles when I brought them. I think I am going to get one for my sugarpill eyeshadows.  Beautiful! This is exactly why I wanted them! 
I found 7 of the old 15 shadow palettes and 2 old quads BNIB when i was redoing my makeup area! :haha:

duckrodeo

I've ordered a couple of double palettes for my eyeshadows, but I only have enough MAC shadows to fill up 1 and maybe 1/4 of another lol. Time to build up that shadow collection! I want the singles to be back in stock so I can get a couple more for my blushes.

KMQE716

I got 3 of the doubles, mostly for blushes and one idk I want to do something foundation/concealer thing going on but I haven't came up with an idea. They are kinda bulky but I hope they will be more durable if they fall. Kinda heavy too. Oh well

ladymac1

I need an opinion! I bought 2 well inserts (I need 2 more though) ready to put some lipsticks in- my aim is to get 2 double palettes as they fit more than the japonesque ones. Now for the help- I'm mega obsessed with organisation (so please don't laugh- it's been bothering me for two days!!!).. Do I arrange by colour- reds, pinks, plums, browns/nudes... OR do I go by finish...mattes and amps, satins and creme sheens (then lustres, frosts and glaze, sheen supreme later). By colour will look amazing...but as an mua, I always look for the finish I want first- so by finish is more practical. Has anyone else done a lip palette yet?! If I get this wrong ill be twitching about it for agesssss......what's a girl to do?!

erine1881

I need an opinion! I bought 2 well inserts (I need 2 more though) ready to put some lipsticks in- my aim is to get 2 double palettes as they fit more than the japonesque ones. Now for the help- I'm mega obsessed with organisation (so please don't laugh- it's been bothering me for two days!!!).. Do I arrange by colour- reds, pinks, plums, browns/nudes... OR do I go by finish...mattes and amps, satins and creme sheens (then lustres, frosts and glaze, sheen supreme later). By colour will look amazing...but as an mua, I always look for the finish I want first- so by finish is more practical. Has anyone else done a lip palette yet?! If I get this wrong ill be twitching about it for agesssss......what's a girl to do?!
That's funny, cuz as a mua i go by colour for everything. I did mine by colour. I did all my neutrals on one side, all my bolds on the other.

ladymac1

All my current lipsticks are in the same order you see them on the mac counter...this means if I need a sheer red... I can go straight for the lustres and find the red, without having to look at a full palette of reds...likewise if I know I'm doing a bold lip and need a solid colour, I'd reach for the mattes or amps etc.... it does help, as weird as this system may seem, but its not quite as black and white as it reads, when i say i choose the finish first. But I am thinking of putting my colours together so my reds go from lustres to mattes from left to right. I think that system makes sense.

janineios

Has anyone tried using the 12 pan insert for depotting lipsticks? I feel like the 24 insert looks really nice and is awesome for carrying more colors in, but I'd like to fit an entire lipstick into each slot. Thinking I may buy a double palette and 2 12-pan inserts for my lip palette for my kit.

erine1881

Has anyone tried using the 12 pan insert for depotting lipsticks? I feel like the 24 insert looks really nice and is awesome for carrying more colors in, but I'd like to fit an entire lipstick into each slot. Thinking I may buy a double palette and 2 12-pan inserts for my lip palette for my kit.
Each 12 well actually takes more than a full lipstick. A 24 well will take almost the full visible part of a lipstick. About 3/4s of the visible part. So you may need atleast 1 1/2 lipsticks to completely fill a 12 well.

Latest posts