Mac Pro Palettes discussion

janineios

Each 12 well actually takes more than a full lipstick. A 24 well will take almost the full visible part of a lipstick. About 3/4s of the visible part. So you may need atleast 1 1/2 lipsticks to completely fill a 12 well.
I wouldn't mind having a bit of extra room in each well. I prefer that over not being able to use the entire lipstick in a 24 size well.

KMQE716

Has anyone tried using the 12 pan insert for depotting lipsticks? I feel like the 24 insert looks really nice and is awesome for carrying more colors in, but I'd like to fit an entire lipstick into each slot. Thinking I may buy a double palette and 2 12-pan inserts for my lip palette for my kit.
I saw someone do one but I was wondering how full it was

theprettycrush

After debating about this forever I finally decided to depot my ~40 eyeshadows. Of course my local stores don't have any palettes in stock but they said hopefully soon. I wanted to get opinions on putting blush in these palettes though. I can see why they're really helpful for eyeshadows so you can use several colors in one look, but I typically only wear one powder blush at a time. Do you all find you prefer blushes in the palette, and does it really save space since you can only fit 6? I'd need 6 palettes just for blush! :shock:

Mac4Megan

The new blush palettes don't really save space but the beauty of then is your products are easier to see. I've found i use more of what i have when i don't have to shuffle through a bunch of blush compacts. If you end up with 6 blush palettes its best to organize them by color (pinks, peach, neutral etc) or i don't have as many so i have a spring/ summer and a fall/ winter and a neutral palette
After debating about this forever I finally decided to depot my ~40 eyeshadows. Of course my local stores don't have any palettes in stock but they said hopefully soon. I wanted to get opinions on putting blush in these palettes though. I can see why they're really helpful for eyeshadows so you can use several colors in one look, but I typically only wear one powder blush at a time. Do you all find you prefer blushes in the palette, and does it really save space since you can only fit 6? I'd need 6 palettes just for blush! :shock:

SydVicious

After debating about this forever I finally decided to depot my ~40 eyeshadows. Of course my local stores don't have any palettes in stock but they said hopefully soon. I wanted to get opinions on putting blush in these palettes though. I can see why they're really helpful for eyeshadows so you can use several colors in one look, but I typically only wear one powder blush at a time. Do you all find you prefer blushes in the palette, and does it really save space since you can only fit 6? I'd need 6 palettes just for blush!
icon_eek.gif
I don't have a ton of blushes, only about 8 and it's so nice to have them all in one place and be able to just pop the palette open and have a look at everything and choose that one I want. I hated have to dig through all of them, to find what I wanted. I think the bulkyness will be better managed in stackable palettes. You can get the double palettes and put 12 in each!?!

erine1881

I only have 3 blushes (2 from '12 holiday and 1 from Archie's) not depotted as i ran out of (old) palettes for them. I have about 10+ blush palettes, all organized by colour. I use em more in my palettes than i do solo.

Nastka

To all the peeps in the UK; I sent MAC's customer services an e-mail enquiring about release dates, and they replied that they hope to release it early next month.

theprettycrush

Thank you all for the feedback on blush palettes, it was really helpful. I think I see the value in being able to see many colors at once and not have to dig to find the compact I'm looking for. I think I'll try one palette to start and then slowly depot as I can afford to buy more palettes.

bulbasaur359

Thank you all for the feedback on blush palettes, it was really helpful. I think I see the value in being able to see many colors at once and not have to dig to find the compact I'm looking for. I think I'll try one palette to start and then slowly depot as I can afford to buy more palettes.
I've got a blush palette. I wanted some pro colors and the only way is in pan form. I think it's cool to have a blush palette and now I have an eyeshadow palette as well. I don't have any of these new palettes yet. I might at some point. I like they way they look but they are pricey and seeing the powder everywhere throught he lid will make me ocd lol.

PeachTwist

I still haven't bought any.

I was planning to at the beginning of the year but I've had nothing but issues all year and now I'm moving house in a week to somewhere with no stove/oven/fridge and no funds to buy 'em yet. To think, I haven't bought a single thing of make-up all year. I'm getting the itch to haul but make-up isn't a necessity, stove/oven/fridge is... or is it? Who needs food when they have pretty make-up! Lol.

At some point when I *FINALLY* get sorted, I'm gonna start buying the new singles for my eye shadows. I'm still unsure if I want to depot my blush or not. I like the LE packaging so much. I'd only need 2 though which isn't too bad compared to the 7/8 eye shadow palettes I'll need.

Nataliekay

I like the new palettes a lot!! it makes me sad that i have the old ones lol :( maybe one day I will convert! I don't really like that you have to buy the inserts seperately even though I took the pots out of my old ones to have room for more shadows lol

jossierose

I seriously just made an account to say that the refil pans are back to being 12 dollars! Also a little ticked off,i would check their website everyday for a large single pro palette "Coming SOON" IS all I saw! Didn't check for seriously 1 day and now it's "SOLD OUT"
Usually I get a text when something is back in stock not this time though. Maybe in the future ^^

kittenish

I got 2 of the double sided palettes with no insert. I'm finding that when I store it either face down then the eyeshadows don't stick to the magnet and they fall. I have to be very careful with them. Im guessing that having them in the insert sticks better. I'm gonna try adding a little extra magnet strip to the bottom of my shadow

gracie90

Quote:
I got 2 of the double sided palettes with no insert. I'm finding that when I store it either face down then the eyeshadows don't stick to the magnet and they fall. I have to be very careful with them. Im guessing that having them in the insert sticks better. I'm gonna try adding a little extra magnet strip to the bottom of my shadow
The palettes themselves will only stick to the pan if the pan itself has a magnet on - the palettes are magnetised, not magnetic! I hope that helps :)

kittenish

The magnet must not be strong enough to hold the pans upside down once the palette is closed. I gotta figure out a way to prevent them from falling.

GlamQueen21

I just checked MAC's website on the single eyeshadow palette and cannot believe that it's sold out!! I will have to go to my MAC store one of these days and see if they have any in stock.

Latest posts