Mac Pro Palettes discussion

jsmile

I got 2 of the double sided palettes with no insert. I'm finding that when I store it either face down then the eyeshadows don't stick to the magnet and they fall. I have to be very careful with them. Im guessing that having them in the insert sticks better. I'm gonna try adding a little extra magnet strip to the bottom of my shadow
You can go to staples and buy large blocks of magnets (the size and thickness of business cards)for like $5 and stick a layer on the bottom of you palette. They wont fall then cause the layer of magnets will be stronger than the magnet on the eyeshadow pams

Bliss

I just think they're nicer to look at than a black lid with a label on it telling me which palette is which. Of course, the ones with the black lids have their advantages too (I find the individual colors much easier to label on the old palettes). I'm honestly most concerned about which palette is going to keep my e/s in the best condition. Not sure how I feel about one side of my palettes being stored upside down, even if there is a hard plastic barrier between the two sides. I'm so anal retentive about not contaminating any e/s with other e/s colors.
I too feel the same. Still haven't decided on keeping the double palette I bought today or exchanging it for two single palettes (which I prefer keeping my shadows upright & won't have to worry about them crumbling out over time) although I prefer the black lid over the see through

ANY ADVICE???
anyone.gif
lol

erine1881

I prefer the black cover over the clear lol... IDK does that make me wierd?? I got the double sided today.. Got sucked into the idea of having all my eyeshadows in one palette which by the way looks nice and is convenient, but I'm debating on exchanging for two single palettes because I don't like the idea of my shadows up-side down.  I too feel the same. Still haven't decided on keeping the double palette I bought today or exchanging it for two single palettes (which I prefer keeping my shadows upright & won't have to worry about them crumbling out over time) although I prefer the black lid over the see through ANY ADVICE??? :anyone:  lol
Then that makes me weird too! I'm using the new ones for my kit only (as i can't buy the old ones), and keeping the old ones for my personal use. I'm OCD like that!

Bliss

Then that makes me weird too! I'm using the new ones for my kit only (as i can't buy the old ones), and keeping the old ones for my personal use. I'm OCD like that!
Darn, I know the see through lid would annoy me, but the idea of my eyeshadows upside down in the double stack annoys me too... Am just a makeup lover not a pro MUA like you LOL and am so confused as to what to do exchange or keep the freaking double stack

Audrey C

I kept my old palettes with the black lid and bought an extra one to give me expansion room. I hate how thick the new palettes are; they take up way too much room.

erine1881

Darn, I know the see through lid would annoy me, but the idea of my eyeshadows upside down in the double stack annoys me too... Am just a makeup lover not a pro MUA like you LOL and am so confused as to what to do exchange or keep the freaking double stack
They seem to be ok upside down (or even upright) if you have the inserts, but that's an extra cost. It's without the inserts that they tend to fall cuz the magnets aren't strong enough to grab the base. I got the inserts for the fact that they're laying flat, which means one side is upside down, and they're stored in my zuca. I know going up and down steps would easily cause them to fall off, and I'm not about to replace a ton of broken shadows and blushes.

Bliss

I kept my old palettes with the black lid and bought an extra one to give me expansion room. I hate how thick the new palettes are; they take up way too much room.
Hey Audrey C, I bought Deep Throat and just ordered Dior Amber Diamond after swatching it in Sephora... I absolutely love these new products... Thanks for the recommendations

Bliss

They seem to be ok upside down (or even upright) if you have the inserts, but that's an extra cost. It's without the inserts that they tend to fall cuz the magnets aren't strong enough to grab the base. I got the inserts for the fact that they're laying flat, which means one side is upside down, and they're stored in my zuca. I know going up and down steps would easily cause them to fall off, and I'm not about to replace a ton of broken shadows and blushes.
I bought two eyeshadow inserts for each side as well... I actually didn't realize it was pricey after I read the posts on here... But if I was to buy two single palettes along with insert it would of cost more... Shame to say, I'm honestly thinking about paying a bit more so I could store my shadows upright lol

erine1881

I bought two eyeshadow inserts for each side as well... I actually didn't realize it was pricey after I read the posts on here... But if I was to buy two single palettes along with insert it would of cost more... Shame to say, I'm honestly thinking about paying a bit more so I could store my shadows upright lol
You'll be ok to store em upright in the double if you have the inserts. No worries there.

Bliss

werd.gif

Bliss

You'll be ok to store em upright in the double if you have the inserts. No worries there.
gee Erine, you made me feel a whole lot better lol
urock.gif
.... I truely love advice from others with experience although I make my own final decisions... It helps me think about the odds and relate to suggestions that can help me

erine1881

gee Erine, you made me feel a whole lot better lol :urock: .... I truely love advice from others with experience although I make my own final decisions... It helps me think about the odds and relate to suggestions that can help me
Glad to help! Now you can use that money saved to buy more stuff! :haha:

Bliss

Yayyy
th_happy1.gif
... Any suggestions on MAC plum dressing, knight divine, tempting, and star violet pans??
I swatched these in store so I could put them in my new double stack palette, but it had weak color payoff.... Do you think its because many other people swatched it compressing the shadow?? Or maybe A/C exposure??

erine1881

Yayyy :yaay: ... Any suggestions on MAC plum dressing, knight divine, tempting, and star violet pans??  
I swatched these in store so I could put in my new double stack palette, but it had weak color payoff.... Do you think its because many other people swatched it compressing the shadow?? Or maybe A/C exposure??
That can definitely happen with tempting as it's a lustre. The others are VPs, but can swatch patchy sometimes with a qtip if that's what you used. Finger swatching plays a big role in the texture of Powder testers. But tempting is sooo :drool: i wear it all the time in the summer for a shimmery smokey bronze look! PD and SV are gorgeous with green eyes, but are great with all colours. Of the two i prefer SV. KD is ok. Nothing that i think is a must have. If you're looking for a darker grey i suggest print or typographic, depending on how dark you wanna go.

Bliss

That can definitely happen with tempting as it's a lustre. The others are VPs, but can swatch patchy sometimes with a qtip if that's what you used. Finger swatching plays a big role in the texture of Powder testers. But tempting is sooo
th_drool.gif
i wear it all the time in the summer for a shimmery smokey bronze look! PD and SV are gorgeous with green eyes, but are great with all colours. Of the two i prefer SV. KD is ok. Nothing that i think is a must have. If you're looking for a darker grey i suggest print or typographic, depending on how dark you wanna go.
I will be definitely picking up tempting this week!! Thank ya hun.. Am trying to keep my MAC palette shadows in the perm range since I don't depot... Besides I rarely by mac singles

Bliss

Do you have vibrant grape? i wear it in the full crease with tempting on the lid, and smoked out on the bottom with brun!!!
No
nope.gif
... The only bright colored matte purple eyeshadows I have is sugarpills poison plum and 2am... will any of those work?? Most of my eyeshadows are Urban decay, I actually love the shadows... I wanna get a few more MAC tho... But MAC lipsticks all the way for me lol