Mac Pro Palettes discussion

Monidoll4u

69bc4956_image.jpeg
My foundation palette...

Claire Voyant

So I picked up some magnetic sheets (without the sticky backing) today . . .cut them down to size and placed them on both sides of my duo palettes. There's enough space between the shadow inserts and the case, that they don't add any extra bulk and the inserts lie flush with the edges of the palettes. They work perfectly . . .i can shake them and nothing comes loose! I'm so much happier with the duo palettes now! BTW, the best tool I've found for both removing the plastic housing with attached pan, from the single eye shadow cases . . .as well as lifting the duo inserts from the palettes . . .is a staple pull. You know, the stick type with a metal edge at one end that's used to remove staples? I now keep one permanently in my makeup drawer.

Bliss

BTW, the best tool I've found for both removing the plastic housing with attached pan, from the single eye shadow cases . . .as well as lifting the duo inserts from the palettes . . .is a staple pull. You know, the stick type with a metal edge at one end that's used to remove staples? I now keep one permanently in my makeup drawer.
I'll try this if I come across any eyeshdows falling out the inserts... I was having doubts about my duo palette, until I came home today, opened it, and mysteriously feel in love... lol Its an awesome palette

erine1881

Just have to chime in to say I love Sketch with almost any other color!  One of my all-time fave shadows.  If only it came in teddy bear form so I could snuggle with it at night...  The other day I used Goldmine on the lid with Sketch in the crease and just a hint of Carbon on the outer v.  Not the only Sketch combo I've done, but it's the newest!
If someone doesn't have sketch...:blink: Best. Colour. Ever!!!
:cheer:  Gonna purchase these along with tempting... I'll skip sable I really wanna get an Urban decay eyeshadow that's only available on urbandecay.com(doesn't ship outside the US) & exclusive to sephora inside JC penny( we don't have a counter in our JC penny store) :( On monday, I swatched the shadow that was included in a palette and silly me feel in love with it  
I can check the pennys here tomorrow if you'd like?

erine1881

:shock:  Can you really?? :eek:mg: THANK YOU ERINE:hug:  I would greatly appreciate this :D ... Hope they have it... It's called Deep End... and can you see if they also have Snare?
Sure! I'll check between my doctors appointment and my tattoo appointment tomorrow! If they have either/both, you want me to go ahead and get em? Or let you know first? PMing you ;)

Bliss

Thanks everyone!!! I never thought I would actually fill up all the empty slots with eyeshadows, but I googled the colors and would be gradually adding next week...
P.S. I was gonna exchange one of the 15 eyeshadow inserts to a blush insert, but gonna just keep it...

Mac4Megan

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to store the new mac palettes, especially the double? I need to organize my stash better and im finding the palletes a bit bulky

GlamQueen21

If you don't mind me asking, what do you use as your lid color with that combo?
For the lid combo with both Poison Plum and 2am, I use Sugarpill Tipsy on the inner lid and Darling on the outer lid. Also, my favorite is doing Acidberry on the linner lid, Tipsy over Acidberry, Mochi on the outer lid and Darling over Mochi. Also, I use Velocity on the lower lashline and Weekender over Velocity.

erine1881

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to store the new mac palettes, especially the double? I need to organize my stash better and im finding the palletes a bit bulky
I store my palettes in a photo box. Mine are the old palettes, but you can store the new ones just the same.
90ef6cc3_image.jpeg

theprettycrush

What is up with these palettes, they are still out of stock!?! Every time the store tells me when they'll be back in stock they push it back further. Like a month ago they told me they would be here the last week of April and they never arrived. I'm going to go crazy if I don't get some soon, I have a huge pile of shadows to depot. Come on! Anyone heard anything about an online restock?

Yazmin

What is up with these palettes, they are still out of stock!?! Every time the store tells me when they'll be back in stock they push it back further. Like a month ago they told me they would be here the last week of April and they never arrived. I'm going to go crazy if I don't get some soon, I have a huge pile of shadows to depot. Come on! Anyone heard anything about an online restock?
My Pro store has managed to keep these in stock so far. I haven't even looked for them online.

JadeAudrey

I don't get why we have to pay for the insert and the palette itself separately. I find it ridiculous, but I love the palettes.

Am I the only one who thinks that MAC is intentionally keeping the large/single palettes out of stock in order to force people to buy the double palette
th_confused_new.gif