Mac Pro Palettes discussion

honey on boost

I decided against depotting my blushes. While they take up more space in single compacts, I rather deal with space issues than powder all over my palettes/lids, especially as the newer formulas tend to be more powdery. The new palettes are definitely nice to look at, but the clear lids are a pain to keep clean.
Yeah I know what you mean. So far no powder on the lid (yet).. but I do get powder on the palette near where the blush is but I wipe it down here and there to keep it clean. I left all my special packaging blushes in their containers and depotted everything else.

Mac-Guy

Yeah I know what you mean. So far no powder on the lid (yet).. but I do get powder on the palette near where the blush is but I wipe it down here and there to keep it clean. I left all my special packaging blushes in their containers and depotted everything else.
It's annoying, isn't it? I spend so much time cleaning up the surface that I just gave up. For now, I only keep my Pro blushes in the new palettes.

honey on boost

It's annoying, isn't it? I spend so much time cleaning up the surface that I just gave up. For now, I only keep my Pro blushes in the new palettes.
Yes
censored.gif
but it's so damn pretty at the same time
girlhaha.gif

martiangurll

These MAC single sided palette supply issues are just reinforcing my cheapness and decision not to buy the new ones.
jerkit.gif

If anyone else is missing the old style palettes and wants single sided with insert attached, I got a CS one and it works great. Can anyone recommend a brand that makes palettes that fits the MAC blushes? How about a palette with inserts that fits depotted MES or Mega metal shadows? IIRC someone posted that the MUFE palettes fit those?
huh2.gif

erine1881

These MAC single sided palette supply issues are just reinforcing my cheapness and decision not to buy the new ones. 
jerkit.gif
[rule] If anyone else is missing the old style palettes and wants single sided with insert attached, I got a CS one and it works great.  Can anyone recommend a brand that makes palettes that fits the MAC blushes?  How about a palette with inserts that fits depotted MES or Mega metal shadows?  IIRC someone posted that the MUFE palettes fit those?  
huh2.gif
I depotted my Mega Metals and PLWs and put em in the 36mm paettes from tkbtrading.com they old 12 shadows and are priced great! And they're super sturdy! The shadows are a smidge bigger, so i just used a putty knife to push em in.

MissBeautyBunni

I just got the double palette and got soooo excited and depotted 3 shadows. Popped them in and they fell out
cry.gif
. So now I have to go look for magnets. Is it better to just have a little magnet placed in the slots (I got the insert for the 15 shadows) or just put a slab at the base of the palette (under the insert)?

Icecaramellatte

I was so excited to see the 15 palette back in stock. I bought another and I'm trying to decide what to put in it. I put mostly browns and some neutrals in my first palette but now I'm thinking of moving the neutrals to a new palette. This will be my first summer project.

erine1881

[COLOR=800080]I just got the double palette and got soooo excited and depotted 3 shadows. Popped them in and they fell out[/COLOR] 
cry.gif
[COLOR=800080] . So now I have to go look for magnets. Is it better to just have a little magnet placed in the slots (I got the insert for the 15 shadows) or just put a slab at the base of the palette (under the insert)? [/COLOR]
I just stick a lil magnet on the bottom of each shadow. Haven't tried it any other way.

jsparkle

[COLOR=800080]I just got the double palette and got soooo excited and depotted 3 shadows. Popped them in and they fell out[/COLOR] 
cry.gif
[COLOR=800080] . So now I have to go look for magnets. Is it better to just have a little magnet placed in the slots (I got the insert for the 15 shadows) or just put a slab at the base of the palette (under the insert)? [/COLOR]
I'd get the sticker ones and put it at the base of the e/s you don't want to risk them falling out

Paisly

Has anyone tried the 12 well insert? I plan on using them for lipsticks that I don't use on a regular basis and to B2M them. Or would this dry them out quickly

erine1881

Has anyone tried the 12 well insert? I plan on using them for lipsticks that I don't use on a regular basis and to B2M them. Or would this dry them out quickly
They won't dry out at all, but the wells are far too large for a single lipstick, which are more for cream foundations and pro items such as paint sticks. Depending on how many lipsticks you have, I'd recommend getting the 24 well. Each well takes about 3/4s a lipstick.

skratikans

A mua at mac told me that they were discounting the larger single insert palettes and just doing the lg doubles instead- is that true?

erine1881

A mua at mac told me that they were discounting the larger single insert palettes and just doing the lg doubles instead- is that true?
I think that would be the biggest and dumbest mistake ever if they did that! Not everyone needs a 2-sided palette.

martiangurll

At this point I am skipping these for the TKB trading and Z palettes. And of course I will buy up any of the old palettes I can find here and elsewhere. I am just not loving the new ones. I guess I fear and loathe change, but I had to get palettes for the bigger e/s pans anyway. I wish they would come out with Pro Pans for the larger e/s like the PLW ones.

skratikans

I loath change too... I think that if this is true then it's bs... I like that you can actually see what you have before opening your palettes.. Now I'm freaking out and ordering 2 more

sss215

The magnet on my double palette is failing me. I'm not using inserts, but I think I'm going to have to get them. 1/2 of my shadows are pans and the other 1/2 are depots where I applied my own magnets. They are all falling out of the inverted side. All of them. The more i travel, the worse it gets. It's like the magnet gets weaker and weaker every day. At this point I don't mind buying inserts, but going from 48 to 30 shadows with inserts; I'm going to have to buy more palettes too. I'll stick to single palettes from now on so i can keep them insert free. Now I have to do my whole system over. The Double palette was fine without inserts at first, but out here in these freelance streets, no bueno!

martiangurll

At this point I don't mind buying inserts, but going from 48 to 30 shadows with inserts; I'm going to have to buy more palettes too. I'll stick to single palettes from now on so i can keep them insert free. Now I have to do my whole system over. The Double palette was fine without inserts at first, but out here in these freelance streets, no bueno!
I wonder if you can "re-magnetize" it? If you take a strong magnet and swipe it over another magnet a few times, it can "recharge" or revamp the power of the weaker magnet. Has any one ever tried this for the palette magnets???

Latest posts