Mac Pro Palettes discussion

LC

Years and years ago mac had a lipmix palette that was somewhat similar to the japonesque one with the wells for cream products. I'm glad to hear they're finally bringing back something similar.

Mac-Guy

Years and years ago mac had a lipmix palette that was somewhat similar to the japonesque one with the wells for cream products. I'm glad to hear they're finally bringing back something similar.
I still have one. Hanging on to the last refill insert that I have for the lipmix palette.

PeachTwist

hey hey,

I did it with my mega metals,

What I did was un fold the box so it is flat (comes apart quite easily), then I measured the length and cut in the middle (doesnt really matter which way you cut because the box is square, unless you meant length wise, the only way i can think of explaining is to cut where the circle cut out is LOL (sorry!), i re folded them, it is actually easy as the boxes are of good qulity.
i taped one by one together then put sticky tape all at the bottom and one layer round...

hope this makes sense, I will try and get a pic for you!

Awesome, thanks!

Taupelove

No I like them in single form too. Even when I have a certain color in a premade palette, I still feel the need to own it in pot form as well (I don't know why I do this)

LC

Two MAC regional trainers just confirmed to me that these would have a clear top. They did admit that they still haven't seen them, but that the powers that be have told them it will be clear....and FABULOUS.

bis

Two MAC regional trainers just confirmed to me that these would have a clear top. They did admit that they still haven't seen them, but that the powers that be have told them it will be clear....and FABULOUS.
:bouquet: Thank you, my wallet is not so happy, but that cannot be helped.

Edelmc

I asked the mua in my local store today about the new palettes. She said the large palettes will have 2 layers/tiers so they can hold double the number of shadows but the lids will be black as per the current design

Piarpreet

so confusinggggggggggg
thud.gif

LC

I guess we just have to wait another month or so til promo pics come out! I'm super excited

rockin

I just got a couple more eye and a couple more blush palettes, so I can try to keep all my palettes the same. I hate when designs get changed

Piarpreet

Yeah I get the impression they might be expanding the range rather than redesigning the look of the palettes
it would make sense. mostly because most girl rely on palettes and thats why they get attracted to MAC eyeshadows. Cos of how easy (and cheap compared to pans and other brands) it is to get pans

aradhana

do we have any idea on prices? i'm debating whether it'll be more worthwhile to wait it out, or just buy palettes now at their current price....

Mac-Guy

do we have any idea on prices? i'm debating whether it'll be more worthwhile to wait it out, or just buy palettes now at their current price....
Palettes $18(USD)/ $21.50(CAD)
Pro Palette Large/ Single
Pro Palette Large/ Duo

Inserts $9(USD)/ $11(CAD)
Pro Palette Eye Shadow x15
Pro Palette Blush x6
Pro Palette Customize x12 (PRO ONLY)
Pro Palette Customize x24 (PRO ONLY)

hatsoff.gif

aradhana

so at $17 for a 15 eye palette...i'm better off with the old ones, since i'd get 30 shadows in for $34...instead of $32.50 for 24....is that correct?

do the new blush ones fit more than 6?

m0rg3nst3rn

I asked the mua in my local store today about the new palettes. She said the large palettes will have 2 layers/tiers so they can hold double the number of shadows but the lids will be black as per the current design
I was told the same thing, once at a freestanding store and once at the pro store.