MAC - Prolongwear Discussion

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilibat
Now they just need to make some better purple blushes, like one that is the purple side of Azeala Blossom.

Exactly... That is why I bought Azalea Blossom.... We seem to have similar taste.
greengrin.gif

Teggy

The beige, purple, and red ones interest me. Longwear it hard to deal with. I've only found one great red one and I could use a different shade.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teggy
The beige, purple, and red ones interest me. Longwear it hard to deal with. I've only found one great red one and I could use a different shade.

me being new to mac I didn't know longwear was hard to work with.... I agree- could find other shades.

zerin

Ooo I'm excited about these! I'm glad that the lippies are permanent. Although, I've actually preferred MUFE foundations over Mac...I would definitely try this new mac foundation out. I'm all about long lasting liquid foundation. I just hope it matches me well. Also curious to try out the concealers because once again, I love the MUFE's concealer formulations and I hope Mac comes out with something even better.
greengrin.gif

Those lip colours are gorgeous! lovin the lavender and pink ones

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
me being new to mac I didn't know longwear was hard to work with.... I agree- could find other shades.

yeah they are stupidly hard to work with. you have to use such a thin layer and let it dry for an age. and even when i did do that it still tended to ball up and look messy on my lips. and it dried them out terribly too!
ssad.gif

User67

OMG, I am sooo excited about this new foundation! I love a good hearty long lasting foundation & this sounds like it will be exactly that! I can't wait to play with it at update next week
smiles.gif
I wonder if this could take the place of my beloved SFF? Too bad it's not coming out sooner, I would really love to see how it holds up in this summer heat & humidity that we have in FL right now.

kellia

ridiculously excited about the new lip stuff!

I LOVE plws (I blend them with OCC lip tars)

Sept/Oct is so far away...

Purrple

Can anyone tell me anything about the concealer? Is it full coverage? Concealers are the one thing I'll spend any money on to find the right one, I even have the Cle de peau concealer (which is very average, btw). I'm ridiculously excited. :| How did I miss this until now?

Susanne

I heard from someone who tested it the new concealer should be awesome - all you want from a concealer
smiles.gif

martiangurll

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
the lippies are non drying?! awesome news! i shall be all over these babies!
smiles.gif
and being perm i won't have to rush out and purchase them
smiles.gif

2nd the yeah on the nondrying long lasting lippies! And thank goodness they included some decent neutrals! Perfect for work where I chug coffee like water and want to have some longevity to my lipcolor.

th_DANCE.gif

Purrple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
I heard from someone who tested it the new concealer should be awesome - all you want from a concealer
smiles.gif

*hyperventilates* :| though, tbh, I want more from concealers than most people

Purrple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teggy
^ Yeah I'm still looking for a holy grail under eye concealer.

Tell me about it. I've found the color combination that works for me (pink corrector+skintone concealer), but not the right staying power/finish/coverage. Why don't more companies make full coverage concealers?
ssad.gif
And don't get me started on the 'light-reflecting' bs. I know, I know, it hides defects and all, but my undereye circles shouldn't be shinnier than my lipgloss.

sorry for the rant xp

Purrple

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollyGirl92
Same here, most look odd on me, either not enough coverage or too cakey looking

Yeah, I have to choose between not enough coverage and cakey, too. Sad to say, I prefer the latter (studio finish is the king of cakey goodness for me).

erine1881

pro longwear concealer is a lightweight, fluid concealer that provides medium to full coverage with a comfortable, natural-matte finish. when the product sets on the skin, the long-wearing, transfer-resistant , water-resistant formula will last up to 15 hours, thanks to a unique film former technology. once it is completely dried down on the skin, the colour remains the same for all 15 hours (TBC). the formula contains micronized pigments that allow for the smoothest application and colour purity. it helps conceal flaws, dark spots, skin discolouration and under eye circles. its non-acnegenic, for all skin types, safe for contact wearers, and derm- and ophth- tested.

the concealer is packaged in a glass vial like the glimmershimmers.

nc15, 20, 30, 35, 42, 45, 50
nw15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50

pro longwear foundation is a lightweight liquid foundation that provides buildable medium coverage with a natural, long-wearing finish. this long-wearing formula provides the longest wear of any of our foudation formulas - up to 15 hours! once it is completely dried down on the skin, the colour remains the same for all 15 hours (TBC). the creamy formula feels comfortable on the skin and blends easily and evenly, with a generous amount of playtime. it conains specially treated micronized pigments that help give a smoother, flawless-looking finish on the skin and also contains ingredients tohelp control oil on the surface of the skin. it has an spf of 10 and pa++ protection that provides broad spectrum uv protection. it is transfer-, sweat- and humidity-resistant, derm- and ophth- tested, non acnegenic and for all skin types.

when applying this, do not apply it old-school (dot on cheeks, chin, nose, forhead, then blend). it will set and not move!!! apply and blend to each part of the face seperately.

nc15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 42, 45, 50
nw20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50

pro longwear lipcreme provides full coverage colour and a subtle shine in a long-wearing formula (up to 12 hours). the creamy, flexible formula moves with your lips for a comfortable wear and contains ingredients which helps keep lips hydrated. the emollient formula imparts instant and even colour and does not require a top coat to seal on the colour. the colour dries down to a natural-looking moist finish with superior wear. it contains a long-wearing film former that provides the formula with its transfer-resistance and long wear and is available in pearl and cream textures.

what i just typed is straight from the book, but i did try these out, and so did everyone else, and the lipsticks ARE NOT TRANSFER-RESISTANT!!! these came off on everything! just sayin'.

non-feathering, colour stays true, lip pencil, treatment, and gloss friendly, ths with gloss they're not as longwearing.

you must "click" these shut (like with shadesticks) to keep them from drying out, and they're packaged like the stick foundation/concealer.

these are perm.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
ssad.gif
sad that mu / concealer do transfer
ssad.gif
ssad.gif

sorry hun. i just edited my post. the concealer and foundation are transfer resistant, the lipsticks are not (even tho the book says they are).