MAC - Prolongwear Discussion

Anneri

A probably quite stupid question: I've never had a concealer from MAC before and would like to try the PLW one. I'm between NC15 and NC20 (right now more NC15), but what shade would I need for the concealer? I read that some NC-girls use NW, why is that?
Help?

Pinkdollface

A probably quite stupid question: I've never had a concealer from MAC before and would like to try the PLW one. I'm between NC15 and NC20 (right now more NC15), but what shade would I need for the concealer? I read that some NC-girls use NW, why is that?
Help?
NC is more yellow and NW is more pink. Some girls use NW underneath the eyes, because the pink cancels out the blue. NC is better for blemishes, because the yellow works better against the red from the blemishes. So it just depends on what you want to conceal. It doesn't matter if you're a NC or NW in your foundation.

Anneri

Thank you, Pinkdollface!

I don't have any very dark circles under my eyes, so I guess I'll try the NC one and try for an even look.

I'd love for any of you ladies to weigh in on this - any input is appreciated! I'd love to hear some of your opinions.

Pinkdollface

Ow and i forgot to say it might be a good idea to ask for samples. Then you can try at home the NC on one eye and the NW on the other and see which one works the best
smiles.gif

Thank you, Pinkdollface!

I don't have any very dark circles under my eyes, so I guess I'll try the NC one and try for an even look.

I'd love for any of you ladies to weigh in on this - any input is appreciated! I'd love to hear some of your opinions.

bis

Anneri, I was talking to am MA about the Prolongwear Concealer and he told me to not use it for under your eyes, especially if you have dry skin. He said it tends to age people and looks obvious. He thinks it's a very good concealer, just not for under the eyes. YMMV, as usual. If I remember correctly a lot of people on here loved it.

Anneri

YMMV, as usual. If I remember correctly a lot of people on here loved it.

Thank you, bis! Well, that's of course a big factor in my decision making! While I don't have very dry skin per se, I don't like to use drying products on my poor eye area!

PinkBasset

I really recommend using NW shades under eyes. I use NC15 as my foundation, and NW15-NW20 in concealers under my eyes, and NC15-20 elsewhere on my face. NC shades under eyes might create a grey cast, and look ashy. NW will look even and good, even if you're NC otherwise. :) Also, I think NC20 for covering blemishes/discoloration would be good for you Anneri, as NC15 is very light, because if you're even a smidge darker than NC15, it will look way too light and just highlight the "problem" areas.

I'm still shocked they discontinued Moisturecover concealer, it's the best thing for under eye area! I have to stock up.
cry.gif

Anneri

So you use in fact different concealers for different areas, PinkBasset?

You can still get the Moisturecover over here - do you find it better suited for underneath the eyes than the PLW one?

PinkBasset

So you use in fact different concealers for different areas, PinkBasset?

You can still get the Moisturecover over here - do you find it better suited for underneath the eyes than the PLW one?

Yes I do. Almost always under eyes we have a slightly blueish tones, so warmer concealer (NW) is going to neutralize that and make it look the same tone as the rest of the face. Also, discoloration/blemishes are reddish, so the cool yellow tones in NC concealer will neutralize that, so that way the whole face is in balance.

Different kind of concealers offer different finishes. Some are better depending the need. The moisturecover is excellent under eyes, because it's lightweight, blends beautifully and doesn't look dry or cake in fine lines (you have to set it with a bit of powder to prevent it from moving). It's very gentle with the delicate skin around eyes. It doesn't have as much coverage as say, Prolongwear, but for moderate under eye circles it is usually enough. The Prolongwear one does a good job on rest of the face, but it could be used under eyes too, just remember to moisturize the area. Some have said it feels a bit heavy and looks a bit dry under eyes, but I didn't find it too bad. I guess you have to test it to see whether you like it for that purpose. It is a good option though. :)

What a shame if they don't give you samples there! Maybe you could ask them to try it for you at the counter?

Anneri

Thank you for your help! Very much appreciated. :)

Yes, going to a counter is the best option for sure, but I'm quite ill at the moment and have to stay at home. Although being in bed with a laptop invites some internet shopping... As I ordered some Peacocky shades today I thought to throw some concealers into the order as well, but the light PLW shades are sold out at the moment anyway as I've seen.

PinkBasset

Thank you for your help! Very much appreciated. :)

Yes, going to a counter is the best option for sure, but I'm quite ill at the moment and have to stay at home. Although being in bed with a laptop invites some internet shopping... As I ordered some Peacocky shades today I thought to throw some concealers into the order as well, but the light PLW shades are sold out at the moment anyway as I've seen.
No problem, I'm glad if I were able to help! :)

Oh I know the wonderful world of internet shopping, actually I know it too well!
girlhaha.gif
It's so easy to just click and buy. And the best way to do it is laying on your bed with your laptop!

Get well soon, it's not fun being ill!
th_cheerup.gif

Anneri

No, not at all!!!
I've a stomach bug for a week now, and haven't been able to eat any solid food since then. Absolutely no fun!

Pinkdollface

Thank you, bis! Well, that's of course a big factor in my decision making! While I don't have very dry skin per se, I don't like to use drying products on my poor eye area!
Yes you can get samples here. I've gotten so many form all over the netherlands. It's a shame they don't give them in germany. I always say i want to try a product at home, because the lightning in the store can be different from the light outside and i want to be sure my skin doesn't get a bad reaction from the product. Maybe if you are going to buy a product you can get a sample with it. You already spend some money on MAC that way, so maybe then it isn't a big problem.

Just as PinkBasset i also use different concealers on my face. I have the Clinique All About Eyes concealer for my eyes and the Studio Finish in NC15 for the rest of my face.

Anneri

Just again a big thank you for all of you who helped me with my concealer question. I just have a little story (related to the topic) to share: Eight days ago I asked the same question I asked in this thread on the MAC HP - you know the liuttle feature they have, 'ask an artist'? Well, I did, and it took them EIGHT friggin' days to answer?! Not cool, MAC, not cool. Learn a lesson from Spektra!!!11

Btw, Pinkdollface - my mother gave her Clinique All About Eyes concealer to me at the weekend because she didn't like it, and I'm very happy with it! Very happy coincidence - problem solved!

Pinkdollface

I'm happy you're problem is solved
smiles.gif
The clinique concealer is the only undereyeconcealer i ever bought. I will try something else after this, not because i don't like it, but because i'm curious if another concealer would be even better. If another concealer isn't better i will definitely buy this one again.

adruci

are the lipcremes available with B2M? since MAC changed their guidelines for freebies I have no idea whats fair game!

StarrySim

are the lipcremes available with B2M? since MAC changed their guidelines for freebies I have no idea whats fair game!

No, but that would be nice! Just regular lipsticks (not special packaging), lipglasses and either the plushglass or lusterglass, can't remember which.

Latest posts