MAC - Prolongwear Discussion

cbh02b

I tried this foundation from a generous sample an MA gave me. I wore it for prob 2 weeks. NO breakouts and it lasts so well! I am a teacher and I do not have anytime to touch up my makeup during my 8-9hr days. This stuff really works! I do get oily during the day...what would yall recommend for me to get rid of that oil? blot powder, MSFN, or just some oil blot sheets?

Thanks!

Marjolaine

I tried and loved PLW foundation and bought it in shade NC25 because it is my shade in SFF and I tried this shade a whole day and it seemed to match me perfectly. However, the NC25 bottle I bought looks totally white on my face. I am totally frustrated because even with a powder, I look ghost-ish. I don't know if it is a fault bottle or not, I know I didn't tan in just 1 day. I wish there was a return policy in my country, I can't return this bottle because I opened it. Even though the color is off, the day I tried PLW, the day in which it perfectly matched my skin, I loved the matte-satin finish it gives. It doesn't make me oily even after 10 hours of wear unlike SFF which gets oily in 5-6 hours. PLW doesn't transfer to my pillow either (I took a nap that day :p ) PLW is medium coverage though, I really wanted this product to work for me. I'm so sad that I can't use mine
ssad.gif

bell21

I tried this foundation from a generous sample an MA gave me. I wore it for prob 2 weeks. NO breakouts and it lasts so well! I am a teacher and I do not have anytime to touch up my makeup during my 8-9hr days. This stuff really works! I do get oily during the day...what would yall recommend for me to get rid of that oil? blot powder, MSFN, or just some oil blot sheets?

Thanks!

try the pressed blot powered, i have blot sheets but never use them since I bought the pressed powder.

StarrySim

Wow, I'm really loving the Pro Longwear foundation! I finally managed to get a sample (I've been asking for like a month, they're always out of jars). I've worn it for a few days this week, and I absolutely love it. Coverage is perfect - evens out my skintone and even covers small blemishes, without looking thick or fake. It's not matte, but not particularly dewy or shimmery either - I think the finish is just perfect. It does wear much longer than other foundations I've tried - I can still see it when I get home at night. The consistency is great too. I usually mix foundation with a drop of moisturizer on my hand before applying, because it makes it go on smooth, easy to blend, and more natural-looking. With PLW, I actually haven't felt the need to mix with moisturizer - I can just apply with my fingers and I'm good to go. Love love love it!

I can't wait to try one of the new lipsticks too - I want Unlimited or Perpetual Flame. Not sure when I will cave, but these feel so creamy! I just wish the colour selection was better, I only really like those 2 shades.

Nzsallyb

this got a huge thumbs down from me - i looked sick in it! the NC colours are very yellow on me, and there is no NW15 for me to have tried. so i instead went with the mineral compact, which is fabby!

Shadowy Lady

arghhhh my PLW in NW25 is now kinda orange on me. I tried NW20 and that one is too light. I wish they made a NW23! For now I manage by using a lighter powder on top

katred

Specktra Bestie
Several weeks on and I'm still loving my PLW NC15. It's the absolute perfect colour on my skin, which is often difficult for me to find in Mac foundations. I liked it so much that I also grabbed the PLW concealer too (afte figuring out a method for not accidentally pumping out enough to cover my entire body). I find the concealers run very pale, so I was more between NW15 and NW20 in those. Ended up getting the NW20, since super-light concealer over dark circles (which I have) never looks good. I find I need very little of either and it stays put all day. I don't have that "frazzled by four o'clock" look I always seemed to get with other foundations.

This is definitely going to be my HG foundation/ concealer from now on!

liba

Several weeks on and I'm still loving my PLW NC15. It's the absolute perfect colour on my skin, which is often difficult for me to find in Mac foundations. I liked it so much that I also grabbed the PLW concealer too (afte figuring out a method for not accidentally pumping out enough to cover my entire body). I find the concealers run very pale, so I was more between NW15 and NW20 in those. Ended up getting the NW20, since super-light concealer over dark circles (which I have) never looks good. I find I need very little of either and it stays put all day. I don't have that "frazzled by four o'clock" look I always seemed to get with other foundations.

This is definitely going to be my HG foundation/ concealer from now on!
What's your pumping method on the concealer? I try to be careful, but I usually get more than I need out anyways.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I press very slowly and keep my finger gently pressed against the opening. I have the feeling that eventually I'm going to press to hard and end up with concealer all over the room, but so far so good. You get very little out this way, but better that than wasting.

dahlingdiva

I love the concealer too but noticed that too much comes out when I pump it. I've tried to pump it halfway and real slow. Too much comes out so I try using it on other places on my face too. It's probably a ploy to go through it faster because it's last so long. Hah .

katred

Specktra Bestie
Made a very important discovery today: Never never never never put cream colour base over PLW foundation. It makes everything sort of clump up and looks really awful. Fortunately, a little moisture fixes the problem in no time, and doesn't even mess up the foundation (as long as it's a little moisture). Nonetheless, lesson learned. Will use only powder highlighter from now on. Still loving PLW, though.

StarrySim

Quote:
Made a very important discovery today: Never never never never put cream colour base over PLW foundation. It makes everything sort of clump up and looks really awful. Fortunately, a little moisture fixes the problem in no time, and doesn't even mess up the foundation (as long as it's a little moisture). Nonetheless, lesson learned. Will use only powder highlighter from now on. Still loving PLW, though.

That's odd. I wonder if all cream blushes would do that. I'll try with my Sweet William blushcreme, NARS multiples and HD blushes. Has anyone else had this experience?

Babylard

^ I can't remember when and with what foundation, but my maidenchant clumps on anything if you buff/mess with it too much

StarrySim

arghhhh my PLW in NW25 is now kinda orange on me. I tried NW20 and that one is too light. I wish they made a NW23! For now I manage by using a lighter powder on top

I'm usually NW20, and I'm finding it too orange as well. I'm afraid it really isn't a good match for me, but I love it so much! I may have to mix in a drop of something lighter. However, I have some pics from yesterday wearing it, and it looks just fine in pics.

GlamQueen21

Since purchasing both the foundation and concealer back in October, I am loving them so much!! I don't set it with m MSFN anymore because it dries to a powder finish.

Shadowy Lady

I'm usually NW20, and I'm finding it too orange as well. I'm afraid it really isn't a good match for me, but I love it so much! I may have to mix in a drop of something lighter. However, I have some pics from yesterday wearing it, and it looks just fine in pics.

I noticed my foundation looks good in pics too just more orange in person. When I compare studio fix in NW25 with PLW in NW25 I notice that PLW is a bit more orange unblended. I still like this foundation though so I make it work but no idea why they've made the whole line more orange :/

User38

I have had to use my NC15 solo.. during the summer I was mixing with NC20 and got a good shade for my summer skin.. now, it looks like a mask alone.

I am back to using my Cle de Peau
holysheep.gif
$ 118 Satine.

StarrySim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
I noticed my foundation looks good in pics too just more orange in person. When I compare studio fix in NW25 with PLW in NW25 I notice that PLW is a bit more orange unblended. I still like this foundation though so I make it work but no idea why they've made the whole line more orange :/

I'm glad it's not just me. I'm a bit self-conscious about wearing it now, I might try to wear a lighter powder on top as well.

Edited to add a pic. I'm also wearing my usual PF powder and some Perfect Topping on top, but the colour looks fine in the pic. The quality is not the best because it wasn't a close-up pic, I had to crop it.

lilkay2nv

i agree. i felt it was just my shade that was too orange. i got matched in the summer and i was nc55 in studio sculpt and studio fix. when i got matched in september in plw, i was told i was nw45. im gona go back and get rematched since now im a little more lighter. if i get matched in nw45 again i might just not use it. i feel like i went tanning and it went wrong, and i dont tan lmao

Latest posts