MAC - Prolongwear Discussion

Lyssah

A while back somebody asked for NW15 swatch comparision of Studio Finish Concealer vs Pro Longwear Concealer. I have uploaded the pictures to the swatch thread if anyone is still interested.

GlamQueen21

I finally got the PLW foundation!!!! I was matched with NW50 and the MA suggested NW50 PLW Concealer to mix it with the foundation because by itself it looked ashy on me so I bought the concealer as well. I love the coverage!! Even though I have a habit of setting my powder with my MSFN in Deep Dark so I'll not do that now on since the foundation dries to a powder finish. This marks my first MAC foundation!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Well, I ran out of foundation last week and, since I'm also back to my usual (i.e., not summer) colour, I went off to Mac to pick up something new. The MA insisted I try PLW compared to my regular (Studio Fluid) to see what I thought and she gave me samples of both. Have to say, I was really impressed. I went back yesterday and got the full size NC15, because I really love the way it feels. I was worried it would feel heavy, but I don't find it does. Plus, of course, it leaves my skin looking nice and even throughout the day and helps the rest of my make-up stay put. (My face normally eats blush, but it seems to stay put when I'm wearing this.)

Nzsallyb

Well, I ran out of foundation last week and, since I'm also back to my usual (i.e., not summer) colour, I went off to Mac to pick up something new. The MA insisted I try PLW compared to my regular (Studio Fluid) to see what I thought and she gave me samples of both. Have to say, I was really impressed. I went back yesterday and got the full size NC15, because I really love the way it feels. I was worried it would feel heavy, but I don't find it does. Plus, of course, it leaves my skin looking nice and even throughout the day and helps the rest of my make-up stay put. (My face normally eats blush, but it seems to stay put when I'm wearing this.)
how do you like this in comparison to studio fix? i so cant wait to try this foundation!

how is everyone liking this foundation now that it has been out for a wee while?

GlamQueen21

This foundation deserves a A+++ because I love how my blush stays put and not budge off! This is now my HG product ever!

katred

Specktra Bestie
I prefer it, hands down. You can't do better than the lasting power and my fears that it would feel cakey were completely unfounded. I tried alternating days, wearing one then the other and PLW was the clear winner. I also found that the texture was nicer going on, perhaps because it was a bit less runny.

how do you like this in comparison to studio fix? i so cant wait to try this foundation!

how is everyone liking this foundation now that it has been out for a wee while?

Nicala

So, although I decided that the coverage was great for the PLW concealer, I decided to return it. Why? Well, I started to get millia, however, that wasn't the main reason for returning it. Originally I had purchased NW25, an okay color but orange. Then I was matched to NC30 but good undertone but too dark. It would've been a perfect match if they had NC25. *sigh*

katred

Specktra Bestie
So, although I decided that the coverage was great for the PLW concealer, I decided to return it. Why? Well, I started to get millia, however, that wasn't the main reason for returning it. Originally I had purchased NW25, an okay color but orange. Then I was matched to NC30 but good undertone but too dark. It would've been a perfect match if they had NC25. *sigh*

I agree, this can be tricky with MAC foundations. I was lucky in this case that they had NC15, since a lot of times, my choice is between NW15 (OK, but a bit orangey) and NC20 (too yellowish and too dark during the cooler months). Good luck finding an HG foundation in another formula... there's certainly NC25's out there!

Nicala

I agree, this can be tricky with MAC foundations. I was lucky in this case that they had NC15, since a lot of times, my choice is between NW15 (OK, but a bit orangey) and NC20 (too yellowish and too dark during the cooler months). Good luck finding an HG foundation in another formula... there's certainly NC25's out there!
Yeah this was my first MAC concealer and I was quite pleased with it if it wasn't for the color issues. I don't understand why they skip out on certain colors though. I would imagine that they would have them as well. It didn't help that I tried to match myself as my tan was beginning to fade, too. Oh well! I'll find a concealer elsewhere :p

Funtabulous

I just have to come back and comment on how the foundation has been working out for me. I have to say that I love it! I have the most oily skin in the whole world, and it's treated me so much better than studio fix fluid, or any other foundation that I have tried, for that matter. SFF would melt off of me before the day was half done, and PLW stays looking pretty good even 8 hours later. I still need to blot, of course, but I find that I can keep my face together the whole day with this foundation, which I never could do with any other. Some days, I'd have to re-do the face as soon as I got home from work. Not with this one! I have to say it's improved my self-esteem because of this. Absolutely fantastic.

Soul Unique

Nice feedback!

I am yet to try this range, having not worn any foundation for sometime now, i'm just biding my time with PLW since its perm. My skin is very very prone to looking like an oil slick in a pan, reading that PLW really does keep it together for more than half an hour is brilliant, I will definitely try it before the year is out!

I just have to come back and comment on how the foundation has been working out for me. I have to say that I love it! I have the most oily skin in the whole world, and it's treated me so much better than studio fix fluid, or any other foundation that I have tried, for that matter. SFF would melt off of me before the day was half done, and PLW stays looking pretty good even 8 hours later. I still need to blot, of course, but I find that I can keep my face together the whole day with this foundation, which I never could do with any other. Some days, I'd have to re-do the face as soon as I got home from work. Not with this one! I have to say it's improved my self-esteem because of this. Absolutely fantastic.

Funtabulous

Yeah, and even if your face ends up looking that way (which mine does sometimes, admittedly), it's so much easier to deal with using PLW. You can just take a tissue and blot the oil off, without removing too much foundation. With other foundations, it would all come right off, but with this one, significantly less so.

Lyssah

How does the PL concealer do on creasing? I must avoid this at all costs!

I've been applying it under my eyes. I have some fine lines around my eyes. Normally ANY concealer will crease like hell here no matter how I apply it or no matter how much I blend it.
For me the PLW Concealer does crease in my fine lines within the first few minutes of applying it, but as along as I blend it out at this stage I'm set for the rest of the day. I've been wearing it everyday now since it's come out. It has replaced Studio Finish for me.

Julie5

I really want to try this I used estee lauder double wear with last great but their color selction sucks I can never get the right color either to dark or to light. So I am tempted to try this since I have a oily tzone. Whats the coverage is it like studio fix?

Funtabulous

Sadly the coverage is not like studio fix. Even though my face looks so much more matte and 'normal' with pro long wear, I find myself still reaching for studio fix because of the AMAZING coverage it delivers. I have to touch up much more frequently with studio fix but it's worth it sometimes. If I am going out or only going to be requiring my makeup to look good for less than 8 hours I go with SFF, otherwise, like say during a work day, I'll use PLW.

Julie5

Sadly the coverage is not like studio fix. Even though my face looks so much more matte and 'normal' with pro long wear, I find myself still reaching for studio fix because of the AMAZING coverage it delivers. I have to touch up much more frequently with studio fix but it's worth it sometimes. If I am going out or only going to be requiring my makeup to look good for less than 8 hours I go with SFF, otherwise, like say during a work day, I'll use PLW.
Boo thats stinky cause My studio fix makes me shiny with my oily tzone
ssad.gif
Maybe ill get a sample and try what powder do you use with it studio fix or sheer???

Latest posts