MAC - Prolongwear Discussion

Mindbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
Have you tried it without the UD spray?

It's been mentioned that this foundation will change a bit with certain MAC oils and Fix+ so maybe it's doing the same thing with that spray. Give it a try without the setting spray and let us know if that helps at all.

Thats interesting, I never even thought to try it without. I'll give that a go and let you know how I get on after work tomorrow night. I want to love the foundation!

bellaboomboom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilorietta
My Love Forever lipstick is gorgeous...BUT when i bought it after 1 day it stopped going down (I had to push it with my finger).
MAC very kindly replaced it with a new one but after 2 days i have the same problem. Anyone else ?
Maybe they were from the same batch.
It puts me off from buying another one of them

Me too...and my Mom in Florida! I'm not going to bother to return it as it seems as if it's a common problem and my next one will probably do the same.

keijukainen

This might be unrelated to all your problems with Prolongwear lippies but when I swatched Love Forever at my counter and opened the tube, the lipstick was completely loose and fell out.
thmbdn.gif
The lippies had been there for a month.

I think you all should give MAC feedback, even if you won't return the lippies, just to let them know they should do something about the tube in the future.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilorietta
My Love Forever lipstick is gorgeous...BUT when i bought it after 1 day it stopped going down (I had to push it with my finger).
MAC very kindly replaced it with a new one but after 2 days i have the same problem. Anyone else ?
Maybe they were from the same batch.
It puts me off from buying another one of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneri
Yep, same problem with my Unlimited here.
th_dunno.gif

yeah alot of the testers at our counter are like that as well. i think its a packaging flaw that they're unaware of. if people email mac and let them know, they might try to fix it. similar thing happened when lustreglass first came out. the lids had too much shimmer, making them softer, and they broke in half, so mac sent replacement lids for customers to swap out and had all the inventory shipped back and they reformulated the lids with less shimmery, more sturdy lids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindbear
I don't post here a lot, but I need some help with my pro longwear foundation woes. I thought i'd finally found something I could get on with other than Estee Lauder Double Wear, which is too thick. I work as a dj and the night is hot, the air is mucky and I need my make up to hold up through sweat etc. Right now, i'll use an oil control moisturiser, then a primer, and then use two pumps of Pro Longwear in NC15 and use some concealer, as it doesn't cover my uneven skin tone quite enough, and set with either chanel loose powder or mac mineralise skinfinish.

Within about two hours, it has rubbed off around my nose and mouth and bits of my face and i'm all red and blotchy and cakey. What am I doing wrong!? I even use Urban Decay all nighter spray to make it stick. I can't be THAT oily that literally nothing works!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
Have you tried it without the UD spray?

It's been mentioned that this foundation will change a bit with certain MAC oils and Fix+ so maybe it's doing the same thing with that spray. Give it a try without the setting spray and let us know if that helps at all.

thanks cam. unlike other mac foundations that you can use with fix+ or oils, if they're used with the PLW, it affects the longwearability.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
yeah alot of the testers at our counter are like that as well. i think its a packaging flaw that they're unaware of. if people email mac and let them know, they might try to fix it. similar thing happened when lustreglass first came out. the lids had too much shimmer, making them softer, and they broke in half, so mac sent replacement lids for customers to swap out and had all the inventory shipped back and they reformulated the lids with less shimmery, more sturdy lids.

thanks cam. unlike other mac foundations that you can use with fix+ or oils, if they're used with the PLW, it affects the longwearability.

i'm pleased i know that about the lustre glasses!! because my very first one (little vi which is sadly no dc'd) had a shimmery lid and i had no idea why my other ones that i bought years later weren't like that. i think i got little vi back in 2004? and don't worry - it is long gone! i haven't kept a 6 year old gloss!
tong.gif
hee hee!

MACina

I got Love Forever!,Perpetual Flame and Polong.
And I really like them all!!!

The texture is great and they are very opaque on my lips.

I love them as "bases" for lipglosses and I have already tried several
combinations.Each looked very pretty!

I am glad that they are perm because I would like to get more
colors.

Shadowy Lady

I picked up my full bottle of pro longwear yesterday as i had already finished both my samples. I've lost most of my tan so NW25 shade is perfect. Also, since I don't use a setting powder with this foundation, I find it more low maintenance and am taking it with me to my vacation tomorrow
smiles.gif

shontay07108

Well, I've decided I won't buy another bottle of this foundation after I'm done. I love the way it applies, it lasts all day, it doesn't cake up at all, but the problem is the orange/red tint to it. I got it in NC50 and I believe that's the correct shade, but something is just off. When applying it last week, I held my hair back and realized my ear is yellow but my face turned a dark orange when putting this on. My face just didn't quite match my ear/neck. In pictures, almost but not in real life.

I'm bummed out. Even the studio finish concealer is red. I'll try to use that, though because I love the coverage. Back to Mufe HD I go. When I put that on it disappears, but PLW seems to make me a bit darker(?). Blah!

Shadowy Lady

^^ I agree Shontay that this foundation is a bit more red than studio fix. I compared NW25 in sff to NW25 in plw and the pwl is def a bit more red and a bit darker. I can hardly tell when I put it on my face though. Here's a pic of me wearing this foundation, I didn't use concealer or powder:

IMG_0838.jpg

The only thing is that I think by January when I get paler this shade might be a bit dark for me. But it's good now and it performs exceptionally. It's def the best MAC foundation I've tried. I like the matte finish and the fact that I don't need to set it with powder.

vivaXglamlove

I got prolongwear foundation and concealer yesterday!
Matched to an nc15, I'm normally an n1/nw15.
This foundation is perfect!
I have oily skin, and most foundation wear off within a few hours even with primers and setting powders.
I applied it today at 9am and went shopping and didn't come home until 8pm, and it still looked amazing and I didn't even blot today which is just crazy! I haven't tried during a full day on campus but that will be the true test!
The concealer is just as amazing, matches perfectly, blends so well and lasts just as long as the foundation!

shimmergrass

from what i know this is for oily skin.
one of my friend wanted to be matched for a mac foundation in the mineralised one.

when we went to store they didnt have the color in stock so the MA suggested that she try prolongwear. but my friend has very very dry skin, i said are you sure? she said this foundation is for all skin-types.

anyways my friend got a sample and she tried it for a day she said her skin started to flake mid-day.

so all those out there who have dry skin, i would suggest to get samples first.

shontay07108

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmergrass
from what i know this is for oily skin.
one of my friend wanted to be matched for a mac foundation in the mineralised one.

when we went to store they didnt have the color in stock so the MA suggested that she try prolongwear. but my friend has very very dry skin, i said are you sure? she said this foundation is for all skin-types.

anyways my friend got a sample and she tried it for a day she said her skin started to flake mid-day.

so all those out there who have dry skin, i would suggest to get samples first.

That's interesting. I have dry, eczema prone skin and I love the way this foundation looked and felt besides it being too orange. I've worn it since I bought it and I think that's been a couple of weeks now. I do believe that Mac's foundations, in general seem to be geared towards oily people, though.

lipglassjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Sucks, my Prolongwear ls tubes are doing the same darn thing
ssad.gif
I don't have my receipts anymore.

Oh no! Isn't that always the way?! I always find the receipts of everything but what I need to return. That is really a shame that so many of us are having problems. I have my receipt but I have only 30 days to return & don't know if I'll make it in time to return. I just had surgery on my foot & it's about an hour away unfortunately.
ssad.gif
Mine is totally crushed on the top & messy, yuck!

Thank you Erine & keijukainen, I will follow your advice & e-mail them of the problem. I'm really liking the l/s just hope it gets fixed soon.
smiles.gif

dreamer246

I liked the look of Sweet Ever After l/s, but I had the same problem of the tester lipstick unable to swivel back into the tube after usage. I'll probably buy it after MAC has solved this problem.

lipglassjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer246
I liked the look of Sweet Ever After l/s, but I had the same problem of the tester lipstick unable to swivel back into the tube after usage. I'll probably buy it after MAC has solved this problem.

I just e-mailed & they're usually good about responding so maybe they'll say something hopeful of when that would be.
th_dunno.gif
If they do I'll post. Because I really liked them too & was planning on getting more. But like you, I'll wait until I'm sure.
yes.gif

dreamer246

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipglassjunkie
I just e-mailed & they're usually good about responding so maybe they'll say something hopeful of when that would be.
th_dunno.gif
If they do I'll post. Because I really liked them too & was planning on getting more. But like you, I'll wait until I'm sure.
yes.gif

Yup thank you so much! Waiting seems the most logical thing to do, since these are perm, and besides I'm not going to fork out more money than a regular lippie to get one that has a faulty tube.
nonono.gif

Teggy

I got to try the foundation last night, but I can't really say how good or bad it was because I had so much makeup over the rest of my face last night too. And I do have some breakouts today, but some of them were already there thanks to PMS. Guess I'll have to try again someday. Or...I can just keep wearing what I already use. I was more interested in the concealer anyway.

My MA put on Love Forever! for my look yesterday, and it was nice, but I can get the same brightness with something similar. Instead, I bought Goes and Goes. I was surprised at how smoothly it went on and it might have lasted had I not eaten anything. Still, it feels weird for me wearing something on my lips without gloss.

luckyme

I called the MAC 1-800 number today about the lipsticks not swiveling properly and they are sending me a postage paid label to send to them so they can send me new ones. Only problem is, I dont know if it will be worth it because they are just going to send me replacement ones that are going to have the exact same problem. I find it hard to believe that they said they have had no other complaints regarding this matter.

vivaXglamlove

What is everyones favorite way or brush to apply the foundation?
I tried the sonia kasuak flat top and it gave an okay finish. I might try using a moist sponge tomorrow.