MAC - Prolongwear Discussion

Boasorte

Is there something off about the colors on these foundations. I swear up and down I'm an nw45, but the lady gave me an NC50 sample, and it doesn't cover well, just makes me look yellow.

laylalovesmac

A question for all my lovelies: what do you find is the best brush for applying this foundation?
greengrin.gif

Nicala

Has someone noticed little white dots around the eye area after using the concealer for a while?? I have. Strange.

Anneri

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
The most annoying part of this foundation is that it makes skin look dry so easily. Especially I hate that it makes my nose look dry! Even sometimes after a heavy moisturizing it still looks dry on some parts. Even mixed with the mineralize all over lotion. And I don't want to look dry. Wow, I said dry many times.
thmbdn.gif
Sometimes I don't know if it's the foundation or does the dryness come after setting powder. I've tried it with Prep&Prime powder as well as MSFN, no difference (except for undereyes, MSFN does not work with the prolongwear concealer concealer for me, looks super dry immediately!P&P is much better there). I still for some reason want to make it work, it was so promising at first.

I encountered the same problem. I don't have the careblend oil, but I've started to mix the foundation with my Studio Sculpt in the same shade. And that works quite well - not as drying as Prolongwear alone, and longer lasting as Sculpt.
I also use powder very sparingly with this one.

dreamer246

I just saw swatches of this collection. Loving the looks of Unlimited and Overtime! Maybe Til Tomorrow too. Why is it so hard to find a nice brown shade of l/s? Sigh.

Pink_Ruve

I absolutely love love love love the pro longwear foundation. My only issue is that it doesn't come in the odd numbers such as my beloved....NC 37
ssad.gif

The NC 40 is a bit too dark for me, and the NC 35 is too light. My budget doesn't allow buying both and mixing. I guess its back to my studio fix fluid!!!

makeba

I had purchased nc45 thinking it would work for me becuz nw40 was too pink and off to me, but nope, it didnt work either so I had to return it. Back to my studio fix and mufe matt velvet.

liba

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
The most annoying part of this foundation is that it makes skin look dry so easily. Especially I hate that it makes my nose look dry! Even sometimes after a heavy moisturizing it still looks dry on some parts. Even mixed with the mineralize all over lotion. And I don't want to look dry. Wow, I said dry many times.
thmbdn.gif
Sometimes I don't know if it's the foundation or does the dryness come after setting powder. I've tried it with Prep&Prime powder as well as MSFN, no difference (except for undereyes, MSFN does not work with the prolongwear concealer concealer for me, looks super dry immediately!P&P is much better there). I still for some reason want to make it work, it was so promising at first.

'Haven't tried the foundation yet, but to put it this way: I have dry skin (but not flakey) and my MA actively was trying to talk me out of the foundation. She was just "no". The MF SPF15 does what I need so I'm sticking to it for now.

She gave me a good trick with the concealer that makes it look really natural though: after applying it, gently place my warm fingers over the eye bags and give a little press to "melt" it into the skin. I don't like to do any tugging in that area, but it works well and eradicates the dry effect. I just put my palms over the area and it gives the same effect with less rubbing and pressing.

Door

I got a sample of Pro Longwear foundation and I liked it so much I had to buy a full size bottle. Unlike what has been written above, I find it works very well even if I sweat (and recently I have been sweating a lot). I also like that it won't oxidize on my skin and the shade is not overly yellow (NC 15). What I like the most is that when at the end of the day I go and wash my face, the foundation is exactly where I've put it. My face may be shiny, but the foundation hasn't melted. This is a potential HG product for me.
th_DANCE.gif

ilorietta

My Love Forever lipstick is gorgeous...BUT when i bought it after 1 day it stopped going down (I had to push it with my finger).
MAC very kindly replaced it with a new one but after 2 days i have the same problem. Anyone else ?
Maybe they were from the same batch.
It puts me off from buying another one of them

Mindbear

I don't post here a lot, but I need some help with my pro longwear foundation woes. I thought i'd finally found something I could get on with other than Estee Lauder Double Wear, which is too thick. I work as a dj and the night is hot, the air is mucky and I need my make up to hold up through sweat etc. Right now, i'll use an oil control moisturiser, then a primer, and then use two pumps of Pro Longwear in NC15 and use some concealer, as it doesn't cover my uneven skin tone quite enough, and set with either chanel loose powder or mac mineralise skinfinish.

Within about two hours, it has rubbed off around my nose and mouth and bits of my face and i'm all red and blotchy and cakey. What am I doing wrong!? I even use Urban Decay all nighter spray to make it stick. I can't be THAT oily that literally nothing works!?

lipglassjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilorietta
My Love Forever lipstick is gorgeous...BUT when i bought it after 1 day it stopped going down (I had to push it with my finger).
MAC very kindly replaced it with a new one but after 2 days i have the same problem. Anyone else ?
Maybe they were from the same batch.
It puts me off from buying another one of them

Yup me too! I got faithfully yours & really liked it. I was going to exchange it for another, but now I think I'll get something else. Bummer!

Nzsallyb

i think i will try this next weekend when i will be visiting the closest MAC counter to me, ill see if i like it, i just love my face and body foundation so much!

Anneri

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipglassjunkie
Yup me too! I got faithfully yours & really liked it. I was going to exchange it for another, but now I think I'll get something else. Bummer!

To be honest, it doesn't bother me that much. I try not to take a lot of the product out of the tube (maybe 1 - 2 mm) and leave it like that.

lipglassjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneri
To be honest, it doesn't bother me that much. I try not to take a lot of the product out of the tube (maybe 1 - 2 mm) and leave it like that.

Who knows maybe try 1 more time & hope I don't accidentally swivel it up too much. Too bad that the tubes are doing that though, cuz you pay more & they don't work very well.

Camnagem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindbear
I don't post here a lot, but I need some help with my pro longwear foundation woes. I thought i'd finally found something I could get on with other than Estee Lauder Double Wear, which is too thick. I work as a dj and the night is hot, the air is mucky and I need my make up to hold up through sweat etc. Right now, i'll use an oil control moisturiser, then a primer, and then use two pumps of Pro Longwear in NC15 and use some concealer, as it doesn't cover my uneven skin tone quite enough, and set with either chanel loose powder or mac mineralise skinfinish.

Within about two hours, it has rubbed off around my nose and mouth and bits of my face and i'm all red and blotchy and cakey. What am I doing wrong!? I even use Urban Decay all nighter spray to make it stick. I can't be THAT oily that literally nothing works!?

Have you tried it without the UD spray?

It's been mentioned that this foundation will change a bit with certain MAC oils and Fix+ so maybe it's doing the same thing with that spray. Give it a try without the setting spray and let us know if that helps at all.