MAC Riveting Discussion

Miss QQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypathya
Well, if it helps I started collecting them 15-17 years ago. I take good care of them and never dried or finished one!!

I know they're too many but I can't help it, I just adore how color looks in the bottle!!!

Wow, huge nail polish collection you have!

How do we preven the polish from hardening? Some of mine dried up very quickly and I feel sad that I wasted money on them.

LMD84

lordy! that's alot of nail polishes!!! i think i now have about 50 and thought that was loads!
tong.gif

AudreyNicole

I too, am a nailpolish collector
smiles.gif
I think my stash is hovering right around 200.

I am wondering about Full Fuschia blush. I am a sucker for bright pink blushes, but, if I have Don't be Shy, Pleasantry, Tippy, and Florida, I'm safe to pass on this right? I also had Azalea, and Fashion Frenzy too, but sold them due to lack of use... Does anyone have it? Is it special?

Hypathya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ

How do we preven the polish from hardening? Some of mine dried up very quickly and I feel sad that I wasted money on them.

Nailpolish hardens because some of their ingredients evaporate, so you need to prevent evaporation.

I clean the top of the bottle after use with nail polish remover. Do it quickly to prevent the remover vapors dry the nail polish. Cleaning the top of the bottle assures a good closing.

I store them in a dry, dark and fresh container. Light and hot temperatures really affect longevity.

The time the bottle remains open is also crucial. Work as quickly as possible. As soon as you open the bottle and nailpolish begins to be in contact with air, it begins to harden. So the number of times you open the bottle is also crucial.

I was told once, to thin them only once and to toss them when in need of a second thinning. If thinning is necessary, use only nail polish thinner and not acetone. I must say I've thinned some nail polishes more than twice without any bad results. So I don't know why only thin them once.

Before application, always shake it gently and then let it rest for a minute or so. This will make the ingredients to mix again and prevent bubbles.

Be careful when applying it to your nails, don't let any particle of dust or any strange agent to remain on the brush. Nailpolish hardens around them.

Last but not least, I shake them once every 1-2 months without opening them to keep them in "good shape".

I hope I was helpful!!!

Hypathya

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
^^Holy crap!!! And I thought I had a lot of polishes at over 200!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgajon
Holly cow!!
icon_eek.gif
thud.gif

Compared to you I'm a nail polish neophyte, LOL

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
lordy! that's alot of nail polishes!!! i think i now have about 50 and thought that was loads!
tong.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
smiles.gif

As I told, I began collecting 15-17 years ago. If I have a serious weakness for cosmetics, nailpolish is my true weak point. I truly enjoy and love every shade I've got and I can resist adding more to my collection. Mostly are drugstore, some are mexican brands but the jewel of the crown are my 65 Chanel nailpolishes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
More than 300 nailpolishes?? Yay, I can go still on collecting
th_DANCE.gif
winks.gif

Yes you can!!!
yes.gif
I'm still collecting and without any plans to stop in the near future. Yay!!!
yahoo.gif

LMD84

Hypathya you have given some awesome advice on keeping polishes in tip top condition! so thanks a bunch!
smiles.gif

and 65 chanel ones?! i'm so jealous!
yes.gif

Susanne

Quote:
smiles.gif

I am wondering about Full Fuschia blush. I am a sucker for bright pink blushes, but, if I have Don't be Shy, Pleasantry, Tippy, and Florida, I'm safe to pass on this right? I also had Azalea, and Fashion Frenzy too, but sold them due to lack of use... Does anyone have it? Is it special?

Audrey, you know I love pink blushes
love.gif
I have Fashion Frenzy and totally love it. It is gorgeous in colour and pigmentation
yes.gif
I don't know if I can pass Full Fuchsia....

Hypathya

Quote:
Hypathya you have given some awesome advice on keeping polishes in tip top condition! so thanks a bunch!
smiles.gif

You're welcome sweetie!! I'm glad to be useful.

Quote:
and 65 chanel ones?! i'm so jealous!
yes.gif

Well, they have prevented me to have the awesome pigment collection you have!!!

coachkitten

Full Fuschia is really pretty but it is very similar to a lot of the other bright pink blushes. I will try and do some comparison swatches later this evening.
smiles.gif

TeresitaMC

Quote:
Nailpolish hardens because some of their ingredients evaporate, so you need to prevent evaporation.

I clean the top of the bottle after use with nail polish remover. Do it quickly to prevent the remover vapors dry the nail polish. Cleaning the top of the bottle assures a good closing.

I store them in a dry, dark and fresh container. Light and hot temperatures really affect longevity.

The time the bottle remains open is also crucial. Work as quickly as possible. As soon as you open the bottle and nailpolish begins to be in contact with air, it begins to harden. So the number of times you open the bottle is also crucial.

I was told once, to thin them only once and to toss them when in need of a second thinning. If thinning is necessary, use only nail polish thinner and not acetone. I must say I've thinned some nail polishes more than twice without any bad results. So I don't know why only thin them once.

Before application, always shake it gently and then let it rest for a minute or so. This will make the ingredients to mix again and prevent bubbles.

Be careful when applying it to your nails, don't let any particle of dust or any strange agent to remain on the brush. Nailpolish hardens around them.

Last but not least, I shake them once every 1-2 months without opening them to keep them in "good shape".

I hope I was helpful!!!

WOW! Such useful information! Thank you so much
greengrin.gif
I never knew most this stuff
smiles.gif
You really are a polish fiend then hehe
greengrin.gif
winks.gif

GlamQueen21

I've been wanting Fashion Frenzy blush from Fafi for awhile!!! The only pink blushes that I own are Tippy bpb and Dollymix blush. I do need to give them love for the Spring season though.

Susanne

Quote:

I hope I was helpful!!!

Yes, thank you!!
winkiss.gif

Miss QQ

Quote:
As I told, I began collecting 15-17 years ago. If I have a serious weakness for cosmetics, nailpolish is my true weak point. I truly enjoy and love every shade I've got and I can resist adding more to my collection. Mostly are drugstore, some are mexican brands but the jewel of the crown are my 65 Chanel nailpolishes!!

drools.gif

Thank you for your great tips on taking care of nail polishes! Now I know how to prevent or at least slow down the hardening. My painted nails always have lots of bubbles and I don't know why. Could it be because I didn't shake it well before application?

Hypathya

Quote:
My painted nails always have lots of bubbles and I don't know why. Could it be because I didn't shake it well before application?

Yes hun!! You must shake the bottle in order to mix again the nailpolish as sometimes its ingredients separate (that's why i shake my bottles regularly even if I'm not using them). But you need to give them a rest between shaking and application, if not will end with bubbles in your nails.

Hypathya

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresitaMC
WOW! Such useful information! Thank you so much
greengrin.gif
I never knew most this stuff
smiles.gif
You really are a polish fiend then hehe
greengrin.gif
winks.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Yes, thank you!!
winkiss.gif

Quote:
drools.gif

Thank you for your great tips on taking care of nail polishes! Now I know how to prevent or at least slow down the hardening.

You're welcome, it's my pleasure have been useful to you all lovely ladies!!

AudreyNicole

Erine, what do you think about the silver lipstick and lipglass? I am intrigued by both, but am wondering how wearable they are? Are they more for layering or can you wear them alone?

abbyquack

Quote:
Erine, what do you think about the silver lipstick and lipglass? I am intrigued by both, but am wondering how wearable they are? Are they more for layering or can you wear them alone?

Sorry I'm not Erin, but I am excited for these bc when I was in high school my sister bought me a silver Stila lipgloss that came in a tube much like mac paints...and I loved that thing, I wore it all the time
smiles.gif
I am hoping that it is similar. Probably won't be worn on an everyday basis like I did in HS, but they are unique at least!
thmbup.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
Sorry I'm not Erin, but I am excited for these bc when I was in high school my sister bought me a silver Stila lipgloss that came in a tube much like mac paints...and I loved that thing, I wore it all the time
smiles.gif
I am hoping that it is similar. Probably won't be worn on an everyday basis like I did in HS, but they are unique at least!
thmbup.gif

It is the uniqueness that is drawing me... I can wait to see them in person
smiles.gif