MAC - Rodarte Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hypathya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
I wonder if Germany gets this collection? We haven't got a lot of exclusive collections in the past.

I really hope you get it!!!
thmbup.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
My guess would be packaging like DSquared2. Not really "special" special packaging, but not normal MAC.

That's my guess too!!
yes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Goat Etc.
It's got a real Southwestern theme!
I think it would be alot better suited for a Slyvia Ji collection.
sylvia+ji+dona+dolorosa.jpg

I feel it's more US-Mexican border theme actually. Quinceanera, Juarez, Factory are all Mexican border things.
smiles.gif

Juarez it's actually a Bordertown, named after an ex Mexican President.
2cents.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinstar
The MES sound amazing!! If I had loads of money, I'd buy loads of Rodarte dresses, so this is fun that I get a little bit of Rodarte!

Me and you both, hun!!!
winkiss.gif

I guess you just provide us all with the perfect excuse to get this one.
th_wink3.gif

sungelly87

what i want so far! Both lipglasses and the blush and also Badlands pigment. I want the Rodarte l/g just b/c it's named "Rodarte"...sorta obsessed with this line, got two things from the Rodarte for Target collection
smiles.gif

GlamQueen21

This collection is amazing! I own Kitschmas pigment already and will do a swatch of it. Rodarte and Del Norte lipglasses sound gorgeous!!

LC

this sounds really cool..i want swatches!! white gold pigment sounds interesting..

i want ghost town lipstick and the other lipstick that had the similar description.

sss215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teggy
This collection intrigues me. It seems like there will be a lot of muted colors which I seem to work pretty well. Mostly the lippies and MESes interest me. I'm not sold yet. Always gotta see pictures first.

true for me on this one too.

sss215

i like how MAC does lines with younger, current designers. Here's hoping for a Tracy Reese, Rachel Roy, and Jason Wu one day in the future.

sailordom

I'm intrigued by some of the color descriptions, but I think this will be a big pass for me.

I just find the notion of fashion -- and now cosmetics -- "inspired" by the very real, horrible and tragic violence against women in Juarez, Mexico to be too squicky. I suspect it would bother me every time I used the products.
th_dunno.gif

And I really don't need to spend more on more collections this fall!
yes.gif

LittleMaryJane

Not very excited by the descriptions. Sleepless sounds kind of interesting and I've always thought Kitchmas was pretty... But eh.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC
this sounds really cool..i want swatches!! white gold pigment sounds interesting..

i want ghost town lipstick and the other lipstick that had the similar description.

is white gold a pro color? I think I've heard of it before... Sounds super pretty....
yes.gif

OneDollarBuddha

I will have to wait to see swatches, but from the color descriptions it sounds like something I'd really be into. Which is great since apart from villains, nothing has really interested me for fall yet.

Chikky

I was so excited at first because this comes out on my birthday... But I think it's gonna be a pass for me. I'm not a fan of Mineralize Eye Shadows at ALL, and the rest is all kinda meh for me.

Too bad, too. Interested to see the swatches still, though!

miss_primer

I am excited for this. I even made a preliminary wishlist.
yes.gif
(Because we all know things can change once you see some swatches.)

monter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordom
I'm intrigued by some of the color descriptions, but I think this will be a big pass for me.

I just find the notion of fashion -- and now cosmetics -- "inspired" by the very real, horrible and tragic violence against women in Juarez, Mexico to be too squicky. I suspect it would bother me every time I used the products.
th_dunno.gif

And I really don't need to spend more on more collections this fall!
yes.gif

I was actually wondering if this had anything to do with what's going on in Juarez because of the n/l name - is Rodarte as a designer really inspired by that situation? Because.. yeah, if so, that is a little tacky.
ssad.gif

Curly1908

Do you guys know if this collection will be available online?

From the descriptions, I would like:
-Rodarte l/g
-del Norte l/g
-Juarez n/l
-Factory n/l

I loooooooooove opal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sss215
i like how MAC does lines with younger, current designers. Here's hoping for a Tracy Reese, Rachel Roy, and Jason Wu one day in the future.

I <3 Tracy Reese!

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly1908
Do you guys know if this collection will be available online?

From the descriptions, I would like:
-Rodarte l/g
-del Norte l/g
-Juarez n/l
-Factory n/l

I loooooooooove opal.

Not sure about the online thing- sorry! I love how opal looks, too, but for some reason, I don't like light colors on my nails, so I don't think I will be getting these. I shall admire them from afar.....

Status
Not open for further replies.