MAC - Rodarte Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMD84

argh! i am stuck at work late tonight! just wanna get home and do some swatching!
tong.gif

i must admit i'm not going to be able to buy much at all from this collection due to lack of funds. i would rather spend most of my money on the holiday collections and disney
smiles.gif

Poupette

I'm intrigued... I'm not interested in VV or FF, so I might get something from this collection, if someone would be willing to help me with a CP...
smiles.gif

LMD84

here is white gold on it's own and over delft paint pot. you can't see from the pictures but it has a greeny sheen to it when it hits the light
smiles.gif

P1050077.jpg

Teggy

Weird. You'd think "white gold" would have a gold sheen, not green. Pass. Thanks for the picture.

jardinaires

oh, how i love creative color names. this collection is full of them.

i personally just love seeing a LE color that is somewhat similar to a permanent color.... buuut it has such a cool name, you want it sooo bad.

i love rodarte, i love most all of MACs designer collaborations.. and there is a lot from this on my want list.

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poupette
I'm intrigued... I'm not interested in VV or FF, so I might get something from this collection, if someone would be willing to help me with a CP...
smiles.gif

Are we sure already that this won't be available everywhere? I hope not, because it seems like a fun collection.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teggy
Weird. You'd think "white gold" would have a gold sheen, not green. Pass. Thanks for the picture.

i guess if it had a gold sheen it'd be pretty much the same as vannilla pigment
smiles.gif

Poupette

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
Are we sure already that this won't be available everywhere? I hope not, because it seems like a fun collection.

Nor sure, but as you might know, we don't get all the collections in Sweden. I think this collection is just too niche to be released over here. But we'll see what happens.

GoldenFairy

Girls I had such a fun day today. I went shopping and had Lola's cupcakes for lunch and while I was at it checked with an in the know Covent Garden MA about Rodate. I was told that the collection will launch in the UK in either September or October
smiles.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
is white gold a pro color? I think I've heard of it before... Sounds super pretty....
yes.gif

yes, it is a pro colour so you can get it now if you want.

it truely is a beautiful colour, and like i said earlier, is very similar (with the exception of texture) to quick frost pigment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly1908
Do you guys know if this collection will be available online?

all US launched collections are also available online.

Camnagem

The descriptions of the lipglasses in this collection got me thinking...

"Pale creamy pink with layers of sparkling white, mint and pink"

I wonder if they will actually be layered/sectioned like the ones from Sugarsweet? Man, I really hope not. Interested to find out more about this collection, but it could be a total pass for me.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
The descriptions of the lipglasses in this collection got me thinking...

"Pale creamy pink with layers of sparkling white, mint and pink"

I wonder if they will actually be layered/sectioned like the ones from Sugarsweet? Man, I really hope not. Interested to find out more about this collection, but it could be a total pass for me.

Yes- if they're layered like that, I will not be getting them
nonono.gif

AudreyNicole

I read somewhere (maybe's Em's blog) that they were layered (like Sugarsweet). They will be a total pass for me if that's the case.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
I read somewhere (maybe's Em's blog) that they were layered (like Sugarsweet). They will be a total pass for me if that's the case.

Saves more money for later, I guess....

cucumbers

I'm not really too interested in VV and FF, which is a good thing because I suspect that I'll be spending a lot of money on this collection. I hope the Factory nail polish is a better formula than most of MAC's other polishes because it sounds so pretty.

Hypathya

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenFairy
Girls I had such a fun day today. I went shopping and had Lola's cupcakes for lunch and while I was at it checked with an in the know Covent Garden MA about Rodate. I was told that the collection will launch in the UK in either September or October
smiles.gif

Glad you enjoyed yourself!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cucumbers
I'm not really too interested in VV and FF, which is a good thing because I suspect that I'll be spending a lot of money on this collection. I hope the Factory nail polish is a better formula than most of MAC's other polishes because it sounds so pretty.

Most nail polishes of upcoming collections sound truly yummy!!
drools.gif
As I am interested in both VV and FF, I'm in serious trouble!!
greengrin.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole

seriously! mac made a mistake on those glosses, and they wanna do it again!? just yesterday i had a custy tell me that she got one of those and hated it! i had to convince her to try another formula as she hated those so much.

those glosses were sad. very, very, very sad.
ssad.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
seriously! mac made a mistake on those glosses, and they wanna do it again!? just yesterday i had a custy tell me that she got one of those and hated it! i had to convince her to try another formula as she hated those so much.

ssad.gif

iagree.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881

ssad.gif

I'm shocked they'd go back to these, since I still see the old ones for sale on overstock sites fairly regularly. People still aren't buying them. Unless there's some huge advantage they've come up with, I fail to see why they'd do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.