MAC Seasonally Supreme Discussion

shontay07108

I went to bloomingdales tonight to catch the new shades, but the MUA told me the new shades are only at Mac stores. I didn't question it, I just made my way to the freestanding store. Unfortunately, they didn't have Tea Ceremony, but I was able to play with Korean Candy and Sheer Mandarin. I looked so hard and so long that my friend bought them for me just so we could move on to Sephora. :lol: I was afraid KC would be too close to Hibiscus, but it isn't. It's glossier and more orange with a hint of red. Sheer Mandarin is...interesting. The main problem is the shape of the product. It's hard to work the edges and corners of my mouth and with a shade like SM, precision is necessary. I might have to use a brush and sheer it out with my finger. It's not a throw on and go kind of shade although, it's much more flattering than I anticipated. Plus, the formula for both of these shades skips. The Chanel lip shines are better made and with a better formula. They're OK, but I suspect they will be seldom used just like the shades I bought from the first launch.

luvlydee

My Sheer Mandarin came today and OMG i freakin love it.
Its not as pale as i thought it was going to be, and the color doesnt turn ashy on my dark pigmented lips! I just hate the the shape of the lipstick, i have to end up smoothing it on my lips so that the edges dont look all crazy. I feel like on me, I can rock it as a nudeish color that has a hint of orange, if that makes sense? I don't have any color like this.

in short...
love the color, hate the packaging

Swirlgirl

ditto on hating the shape of these. I would have picked up KC for sure, if the packaging/lipstick shape was different, but it's just too much work - they are such an awkward shape to apply directly from the tube. That said, I did order Supreme Style, cuz ya know, I really needed another pinky-nude lipstick. Just like a hole in the head. LOL!
But darn it, with Glam Glass delayed, I needed a little something to tide me me over until MAC Me Over.

Piarpreet

the shape issue depends on your lips... for me it sits perfectly on each side of my cupids bow, like perfect. They make my life so much easier that regular lipsticks but i have kind of thicker lips...

I see how it could be annoying.

BTW sheer mandarin, for as good as it looks on katred, it still looks like i made out with a zombie orange. Can;t pull it off and nobody wants it for swap lol.

liba

I wouldn't worry about the shape of the sheen supremes too much. After 4 or 5 uses, the one I got at the first launch started to conform to the shape of my lips and now it's just as easy to apply as any regular lipstick.

LMD84

I wouldn't worry about the shape of the sheen supremes too much. After 4 or 5 uses, the one I got at the first launch started to conform to the shape of my lips and now it's just as easy to apply as any regular lipstick.
that's good to know. and also tells me that i really need to majke sure that i actually use the one i already have so that it conforms to my lip shape!!

shontay07108

I don't like how this formula just sits on the lips. It never works in there. Not used to that in a lipstick. Still love the color of Korean Candy, but I'm glad there aren't any other shades I really wanted. Mac's regular lipsticks are far superior.

Mac-Guy

I made me wonder if these are LE after all, as people buy them as if there is limited supply. Half of the display had sold out stickers.

Curly1908

Can we see a pic of you rockin' it? :(
My Sheer Mandarin came today and OMG i freakin love it.
Its not as pale as i thought it was going to be, and the color doesnt turn ashy on my dark pigmented lips! I just hate the the shape of the lipstick, i have to end up smoothing it on my lips so that the edges dont look all crazy. I feel like on me, I can rock it as a nudeish color that has a hint of orange, if that makes sense? I don't have any color like this.

in short...
love the color, hate the packaging

katred

Specktra Bestie
This happened with the Superslick Liquid Liners last year, too. They were all sold out of the displays and it took a long time to get them into their permanent "home". Everyone seemed pretty sure that all the colours were staying and were being moved into the permanent lipstick display.

luvlydee

ok here is sheer mandarine... (i just woke up so please dont mind me bare faced lol) I took pics in 3 different lightings. Hope it helps!

My upper lip is really dark, so i was surprised that this color was able to cover it without looking ashy-like. maybe because the orange in it was able to cancel it out?