MAC Seasonally Supreme Discussion

ElvenEyes

I think the Sweet Mandarin is such an awesome colour. It reminds me of pumpkins so very appropriate for fall! I did some swatches on my pale skin and posted it on my blog if anyone is interested. I'm glad the colours were not too outrageous and very wearable, but I do wish they would come out with an edgy collection for Halloween with black, bright orange, dark purples, blues, white, grey. Hehehe. I just think it could be a fun addition to anyone's collection. Maybe even glow in the dark lips. Oooh! :) All the photos are lovely!

LMD84

I think the Sweet Mandarin is such an awesome colour. It reminds me of pumpkins so very appropriate for fall! I did some swatches on my pale skin and posted it on my blog if anyone is interested. I'm glad the colours were not too outrageous and very wearable, but I do wish they would come out with an edgy collection for Halloween with black, bright orange, dark purples, blues, white, grey. Hehehe. I just think it could be a fun addition to anyone's collection. Maybe even glow in the dark lips. Oooh! :) All the photos are lovely!
i'm buying it even though i am not sure if it will work on me!

luvlydee

Buy it you wont regret it. Even if you dont like it on its such a cool color to have and you can just wear it around the house lol

Curly1908

Thanks so much for the pics!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmm, it looks very much like a nude lippie with just a hint of orange on you. I might have to check this out in person and see what it looks like on me. I'm darker than you but I hope it'll pull more orange than nude on me. :-(

Thanks again!!!

ok here is sheer mandarine... (i just woke up so please dont mind me bare faced lol) I took pics in 3 different lightings. Hope it helps!

My upper lip is really dark, so i was surprised that this color was able to cover it without looking ashy-like. maybe because the orange in it was able to cancel it out?

liba

Any suggestions for a cool toned pale girl who can't pull sheer mandarin off?

Use bronzer or if you don't want to mar your paleness, just pat it into your lips with a finger and keep the rest of your makeup very simple and neutral.

OR just get Playing Koi instead, since it's sort of in the same department as Sheer Mandarin, but probably much easier for pinker skin.

Piarpreet

ok lemme know lou.

I made a mistake by buying it. I thought I dared lol... but it just looks so wrong!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Any suggestions for a cool toned pale girl who can't pull sheer mandarin off?

I was about to say try it with a pink liner, specifically "Life's A Breeze" if you have it, and then I noticed martiangurll made the exact same suggestion. I think it could also look good over either a bright pink or bright red lipstick (applied lightly, like a gloss).

MAC_Whore

I am hoping that if I admit up front that I am too lazy to scroll back through 13 pages, it will make my next question less annoying lol, but are these perm? I haven't been keeping up with MAC.

martiangurll

What color of eye makeup would you guys pair with sheer mandarin, its such a unique color.

Golden cream with dramatic black liner. I am thinking of using Peek at You or Tweet Me from the Peacocky collection or the golds from the Burmese Beauty quad if you have that. Alternately, white gold, gold dusk or lithe pigments? Manilla Paper would be great with it too!

Alternately, I would make the eyes really plain, just soft browns and play up cheeks and lips. Use a coral blush and the orange highlighter thingie (Miss Behave was the name I think?) from QQ.

LaAle

I like Sheer Mandarine too, but I don't know if I'd use it often...
btw, Supreme Style is my favorite Sheen Supreme so far: I *love* wearing it paired with a coral blush such as Fleur Power!
It's very wearable, a kind of pinky nude with pearlized effect, at least on me.

Glad they are all permanent!

LMD84

i'm going to have to skip buying these when they are released next month because i have so much to buy from other collections :( i hope the ones i want don't sell out fast :(

Meteor Match NOTD - todays specktra blog post