MAC - Shop Shop Shop / Cook Cook Cook discussion

Richelle83

This is annoying! I just checked my tubes and they are definitely different. I have to take it back.

I am annoyed, the new Runaway Red I hauled is not the same color as the Runaway Red from MAC me over

take a look:

very noticible difference in the tube:

left, MAC Me Over Runaway Red
right, S3/C3 Runaway Red

top, MAC red
middle: Runaway Red from MAC Me Over
bottom: Runaway Red from S3/C3

now i get why some describe that its more bright red brown and some say its more deep red-blue

here is one more pic on a white background:

top: MAC Me Over
bottom: S3/C3

I really don't like this new one and thinking of returning it. The point of hauling another was due to its uniqueness in the MAC red family; and how it worked for me. I am so bummed because I am not going to try to get another one, have the same issue and keep making returns. All I know is that I don't want another one from the AA1 batch.

Damn!

MACina

OMG.....what a difference!!!!!!!!!!!!Unbelievable....

Thank you so much for the swatches sss215!

I am so happy that I have BUs from MMO!
I am annoyed, the new Runaway Red I hauled is not the same color as the Runaway Red from MAC me over

take a look:

right, S3/C3 Runaway Red

top, MAC red

now i get why some describe that its more bright red brown and some say its more deep red-blue

I really don't like this new one and thinking of returning it. The point of hauling another was due to its uniqueness in the MAC red family; and how it worked for me. I am so bummed because I am not going to try to get another one, have the same issue and keep making returns. All I know is that I don't want another one from the AA1 batch.

Damn!

HOTasFCUK

I have been wearing WMS for several days now and have decided that I am buying 2x BUs if it ever reappears online. I also bought my first tendertones with this collection and at first didn't "get" the hype. Now I am ordering the ones that I didn't get the first time around, and I get the hype now! LOL

I am also rather happy with the Bubbles quad and may get one of the other 2 quads. MAC quads have seriously been lacking in recent collex, but this quad is pretty good. I admit that I was surprised.

MAC is re-releasing WMS in april again......i forget which collection....maybe the reel sexy one but i read it on here!

MrsB

Are we nearly at Tuesday yet?! I can't wait for the selfridges launch. I am full of cold, and had to call in sick today so feel dreadful plus wracked with guilt - then you get zero sympathy cause it's 'just' a cold. I think if I could just buy every item I want from Shop n Cook aaaaand Vera, it may be enough to make me feel a wee bit better. Hurry up Tuesday!

sss215

Is your Runaway Red from the MMO collection from batch B41? Mine is. I wonder if any B41's will ever end up in CCO's.
It is B41 and I was thinking the same thing. I havent seen any MMO items there yet, but I will be on the lookoutand back up then.

Mac-Guy

It is B41 and I was thinking the same thing. I havent seen any MMO items there yet, but I will be on the lookoutand back up then.

Weird. One might might think that they should get the color right as the original release was just a few months ago.

UrbanSweetheart

take a look:

right, S3/C3 Runaway Red

top, MAC red

Damn!
DAMN!!! I bought this new Runaway Red b/c I missed out on the one from Mac Me Over...this is so disappointing :(

martiangurll

I got all the kissables, because to me the formula is awesome. I even went back intending to get some lipsticks and got Scandelicious instead because I loved it. I was going to skip because I have a lot of fuschia colored gloss but I had to have it when I say it IRL.

I am now getting paranoid about Runway Red. Hope mine isn't a dud. Since I don't have the original, maybe I won't know the difference!

One last thing, I thought that I had seen Naughty Saute before when I swatched it and I am wondering if anyone thinks it is similar to Lazy Day l/s from To the Beach?

duckrodeo

Wow! They're so different! My Runaway Red from MMO is B41 too...I ordered 2 more from the MAC site for S3/C3 and I think it will come tomorrow or Tuesday. I'll have to investigate them, if not, they're totally going back. I love the fuschia sheen in the Runaway Red that I have, so I was hoping to get a back-up of it :( Thank you soo much for sharing sss215!

keyflyhair

I'm a little confused about the "Runaway Red"-gate :)

Which is considered more "brown" red... RR from MMO or RR from 3/C?

I bought RR from 3/C last week but have yet to open the tube. I only purchased it because of the amazing pictures of the original. I did, however, notice that the RR 3/C display at the store always seems a bit darker than the pictures I remembered. I bought it anyway.

Is there anyone who owns BOTH and love them both? Is there anyone who owns both and favors one over the other? I don't want a "brown" red. I want the "true blue-based" red. Which is which? In sss215 pictures RR from the MMO collection looks more brown but the talk here on specktra was that Temptalia's swatches from 3/C looked brown.

I'm soooooo confused (heehee)

duckrodeo

The quads are usually a skip for me, and this collection was no exception....until I saw the swatches on MakeupByTiffanyD's blog and I caved and bought Shop & Drop. She has swatches of the other two as well: http://makeupbytiffanyd.blogspot.com/

I wish I had more restraint when it comes to MAC.
shrugs.gif
*sigh* she's making me want Color Me Bubbles! I already got the other two quads, and I convinced myself to skip CMB because I already have Early Bird and I had thought Brash was too close to UD's Baked...but I think it's way more copper. I also love Fresh Daily and I don't have anything quite like it in my collection. Hmmm, to buy a quad for two colors, that is the question?

I'm also lemming after Play Day nail polish, even though the formula isn't that great. I got Hyperion from Daphne and I love it. I'm smitten by the color, not so much the formula for sure.
I'm wondering what the chances of the nail polish and quad showing up at CCO are (more so the quad - polishes always seem to wind up at CCO)...

keyflyhair

I just went back and looked at Temptalia's swatch/review of Runaway Red from both the MAC Make Me Over collection and the 3S/3C collection. It appears she used the same set pictures for both reviews (I guess I don't blame her, I'm sure she assumed like the rest of us that it would be the same product). So I wasn't able to find an answer regarding the difference in colors and which is considered the browner red from the different collections.

UrbanSweetheart

*sigh* she's making me want Color Me Bubbles! I already got the other two quads, and I convinced myself to skip CMB because I already have Early Bird and I had thought Brash was too close to UD's Baked...but I think it's way more copper. I also love Fresh Daily and I don't have anything quite like it in my collection. Hmmm, to buy a quad for two colors, that is the question?
I'm also lemming after Play Day nail polish, even though the formula isn't that great. I got Hyperion from Daphne and I love it. I'm smitten by the color, not so much the formula for sure.
I'm wondering what the chances of the nail polish and quad showing up at CCO are (more so the quad - polishes always seem to wind up at CCO)...
I actually ordered that one! I'm just waiting for it to arrive. it such a pretty spring color =) I do wish it had a better formula though!

Copperhead

If anyone wants Watch Me Simmer and MAC re-stocks the Watch Me Simmer from this collection online, I'd strongly suggest getting it because chances are, the color may be slightly different when it is repromoted in the other upcoming collection.

Copperhead

I'm a little confused about the "Runaway Red"-gate :)

Which is considered more "brown" red... RR from MMO or RR from 3/C?

I bought RR from 3/C last week but have yet to open the tube. I only purchased it because of the amazing pictures of the original. I did, however, notice that the RR 3/C display at the store always seems a bit darker than the pictures I remembered. I bought it anyway.

Is there anyone who owns BOTH and love them both? Is there anyone who owns both and favors one over the other? I don't want a "brown" red. I want the "true blue-based" red. Which is which? In sss215 pictures RR from the MMO collection looks more brown but the talk here on specktra was that Temptalia's swatches from 3/C looked brown.

I'm soooooo confused (heehee)
I wonder if Temptalia's swatch of RR was actually from MMO.

Edit: Ok, I just saw your post above. Temptalia must've used the same pic from MMO.

duckrodeo

If anyone wants Watch Me Simmer and MAC re-stocks the Watch Me Simmer from this collection online, I'd strongly suggest getting it because chances are, the color may be slightly different when it is repromoted in the other upcoming collection.
That's a good inkling, especially with our RR issue. My newest Runaway Reds should arrive tomorrow (I ordered 2) so I will definitely be comparing them to my MMO version. I could understand a slight difference, but they look like two completely different lipsticks :-/

Copperhead

That's a good inkling, especially with our RR issue. My newest Runaway Reds should arrive tomorrow (I ordered 2) so I will definitely be comparing them to my MMO version. I could understand a slight difference, but they look like two completely different lipsticks :-/
I can't wait to hear your thoughts on your new RR's. Please keep us posted.

I just told my husband about this. I said I don't understand why they can't use whatever formula they used the first time to get the same product.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thanks Anneri! The lipstick on the left is Chanel's Cambon. And I think CMB would still look lovely with brown eyes, don't worry...