MAC - Shop Shop Shop / Cook Cook Cook discussion

martiangurll

I'm a little confused about the "Runaway Red"-gate :)

Which is considered more "brown" red... RR from MMO or RR from 3/C?

I bought RR from 3/C last week but have yet to open the tube. I only purchased it because of the amazing pictures of the original. I did, however, notice that the RR 3/C display at the store always seems a bit darker than the pictures I remembered. I bought it anyway.

Is there anyone who owns BOTH and love them both? Is there anyone who owns both and favors one over the other? I don't want a "brown" red. I want the "true blue-based" red. Which is which? In sss215 pictures RR from the MMO collection looks more brown but the talk here on specktra was that Temptalia's swatches from 3/C looked brown.

I'm soooooo confused (heehee)
I have not seen either but being the thread stalker I am, I am reading that the S3C3 RR is the darker, brown one and the previous one from MMO is the bright blued red. I think they both sound gorgeous but if you read the thread from yesterday, I think there are swatches of both.

sss215

I'm a little confused about the "Runaway Red"-gate :)

Which is considered more "brown" red... RR from MMO or RR from 3/C?

I bought RR from 3/C last week but have yet to open the tube. I only purchased it because of the amazing pictures of the original. I did, however, notice that the RR 3/C display at the store always seems a bit darker than the pictures I remembered. I bought it anyway.

Is there anyone who owns BOTH and love them both? Is there anyone who owns both and favors one over the other? I don't want a "brown" red. I want the "true blue-based" red. Which is which? In sss215 pictures RR from the MMO collection looks more brown but the talk here on specktra was that Temptalia's swatches from 3/C looked brown.

I'm soooooo confused (heehee)
I feel like the one from MMO was more blue and brighter; and I was looking for the same exact color this time around. I know people have different interpretations of color, but I felt more compelled to compare when they looked so different in the tubes.

When I returned it, I showed the MA the difference and she listened, but didn't really get it. I figure most people won't even notice like I would... Or most probably don't know about it being repromoted, so she didn't really care. No, I shouldn't says she didn't care, it's just that it wasn't a big deal to her. A good sale of a lipstick is pairing them with glosses and liners to get multi item sales, so I just feel like she's not worrying because her agenda is different from mine, you know? I'm strictly straight out the tube with 95% of my lip colors. Red is a color I want to pop on and go. I feel like its more classic that way.

You know I am just annoyed about the inconsistencies in colors rather it be Fall 11 or now, a color should be the same. Why repromote if its not right? Why have so many collections if the quality is poor, etc. It just sucks from a customer perspective because I wanted to love my BU just like I love the original. I didn't want to return it and drive stats down. Oh well, not super serious, but when you want what you want, something like this throws you off, lol

Rant over

elegant-one

If anyone wants Watch Me Simmer and MAC re-stocks the Watch Me Simmer from this collection online, I'd strongly suggest getting it because chances are, the color may be slightly different when it is repromoted in the other upcoming collection.

So true! I was going to post this the other day. That's why I buy all my Bu's from the same launch because they are never ever the same when they relaunch.

LivestrongH2

I'm so bummed too! This is my first time buying Runaway Red and I was drawn to it because it looked more blue based. I don't think a brownish red is going to work for me. I guess I'll find out soon enough, but I'm not excited about trying it now.

NessaMBaby

Wow. Now why'd they have to go and change it? I also was wondering why some were saying they were getting a fuschia tone with their new Runaway Red lipsticks from the S/C collection because I don't really have that with my MMO Runaway Red. 

I thought it was different! Oh man that sucks I have bought back ups too from Mac shop/cook collection , I had 1 from the MmO collection but it had gotten stolen with some of my other goods couple months ago. =-(

singer82

Quote:
The quads are usually a skip for me, and this collection was no exception....until I saw the swatches on MakeupByTiffanyD's blog and I caved and bought Shop & Drop. She has swatches of the other two as well: http://makeupbytiffanyd.blogspot.com/

I wish I had more restraint when it comes to MAC.
shrugs.gif
I do like the colors. But dont really need the lighter shade, Power boosted isnt purple enough for me, and the blue one is pretty much a black base with blue sparkles. I was really hoping it was more of a dark blue. Hypnotizing is gorg, but not enough to get the whole quad for it.

sherm

EngineerBarbie Watch Me Simmer looks AMAZING on you! That is a color you need to keep in your arsenal
ok.gif

I am still uncertain about WMS on myself, something about it seems to clash slightly with my coloring so I need to play around with it. I'm also not thrilled with Runaway Red, mine actually looks super bricky brown on my lips so I gotta experiment with that one too (thinking a bright red liner will help). I've been so danged busy lately that I've barely had time to play with any of my new stuff! I guess it would help if I got off the internet and went to bed early tonight ;)

NessaMBaby

My review and swatches of Shop MAC's Call Me Bubbles eye shadow quad is up on my blog:

http://thebeautyisageek.com/2012/02/10/shop-mac-call-me-bubbles-colour-added-eye-shadow-quads-the-rundown/

And here's a full face look:
engineer barbie you've officially per swayed me to get the call me bubbles quad,lol. You look phenomenal in it,it just makes your brain eyes pop such beautifully, what did you use in the crease? Btw,love your combo with wmh,looks great on you.

NessaMBaby

engineer barbie you've officially per swayed me to get the call me bubbles quad,lol. You look phenomenal in it,it just makes your brain eyes pop such beautifully, what did you use in the crease? Btw,love your combo with wmh,looks great on you.
brown eyes* ,wms* . Sorry ,dang auto type ,lol.

Pinkdollface

Thanks this really helps me. I think i'm going to take PP and Hollywood Nights with me when it launches here and swatch them for myself to be sure. But i think they might be close enough to QS.

Personally I don't think so, especially if you have 2 PP. I thought I was going to need a BU of QS, but PP is pretty damn close. QS is a bit darker & PP is a bit brighter. Also, they're different formulas, QS is more matte & PP is creamier. On skin you can see the slight difference, on lips it's a less noticable difference. CYY is a lot brighter than those 2.
I hope this helps people that are lemming QS if they have PP, but if you don't have either I honestly would stalk the MAC website or call every store in your area to get QS. There's a better chance of scoring QS than PP. Those 2 colors seriously rock my socks off & so does WMS.
If anyone was wondering, but I am sure this has been brought up WMS is a lot brighter than Flamingo. WMS is more coral & Flamingo is more peach. I recommend anyone to get both of those colors as well! OK, I will stop enabling...
girlhaha.gif

Here is a picture of the comparisons on NC30 skin tone...

Top: Candy Yum-Yum
Middle left: Quick Sizzle
Middle right: Pink Pigeon
Bottom left: Flamingo
Bottom right: Watch Me Simmer

MRV

I got my VMS today. Yay! I have not seen it in daylight yet, but it's a bright coral.

It is closer to Red Full Stop l/s (and Red Devil l/g) than Full Speed s/s which is darker and redder. (I don't know why people never talk about RFS and RD, didn't anyone get them when they came out?)

LtoR: Full Speed, VMS, Red Full Stop

MrsB

Hope you get well soon hun! Can't wait for tomorrow! Still need to cut down my list! :)
Thanks hun. Yesterday I was dreadful - shivering/sweating/aching all over and snotty - it was not a good look. What does your list look like :)

kisou

If anyone wants Watch Me Simmer and MAC re-stocks the Watch Me Simmer from this collection online, I'd strongly suggest getting it because chances are, the color may be slightly different when it is repromoted in the other upcoming collection.
I'm thinking this. I just checked the MAC site and it lists all the lipsticks (sans Runaway Red) as "Coming Soon"-- so hopefully they are restocked tonight or tomorrow. I really want WMS in my collection!

Alisha1

What does your list look like
smiles.gif

Atleast you have a new collection to look forward to :)

My list is:
Watch Me simmer l/s
Quick Sizzle l/s
Runaway Red l/s
So Vain KLC
Scandelicious KLC
Woo Me KLC
Optimistic Orange CBB
Florida CBB
Hush, Hush TT
Thread Gently TT
Purring TT

I'm going to split my haul into 2 so the price won't be that bad :) I'm just hoping that non of the quads tempt me tomorrow! Call me Bubbles and Shop & Drop are tempting me...!

What are you hauling tomorrow? Can't wait to see everything in person!

Latest posts