MAC - Shop Shop Shop / Cook Cook Cook discussion

MACina

Yes....I mostly use the 242, 231 or 194.
OK, stupid question - how do you apply them? Like you would apply a paint pot?

I don't get on well with paint pots (I only have Bare Study, which I find too shimmery), so maybe I'll have better luck using FL as a shadow base.

aradhana

not sure where to put this, but i just tried applying optimistic orange with my new beauty blender and got a really nice effect...less blending required! i use to use the 186, but it took me longer to get both sides even and to properly apply the product.

martiangurll

not sure where to put this, but i just tried applying optimistic orange with my new beauty blender and got a really nice effect...less blending required! i use to use the 186, but it took me longer to get both sides even and to properly apply the product.
I bet this would work with those creme products that are cream blush and lip products as well? I am going to try this--TY!

aradhana

I bet this would work with those creme products that are cream blush and lip products as well? I am going to try this--TY!
i think you're right! what were those pots called again? casual colour?

i just got restores dazzle in a CP ...can't wait to use it tomorrow morning!
cheerleader.gif

martiangurll

i think you're right! what were those pots called again? casual colour?

i just got restores dazzle in a CP ...can't wait to use it tomorrow morning!
cheerleader.gif
I flipped thru the thread and I think they were just called "casual color" blushes. Definitely a cream blush/lip product/ I have to use Restores Dazzle. It is sitting untouched but now I know how to apply it...

MACina

I have been using my RD a lot recently because it is such a pretty color for fall/winter.
I love it as a base for blushes like Vintage Grape or Dirty Plum.
I flipped thru the thread and I think they were just called "casual color" blushes. Definitely a cream blush/lip product/ I have to use Restores Dazzle. It is sitting untouched but now I know how to apply it...

martiangurll

Here is a swatch of my beloved combo Added Goodness + Twilight Falls + Parfait Amour
heart.gif

That looks gorgeous, but TF looks so brown on me, not sure I could get the same effect...and how did you get the purple/lavender sparklies to show up? Maybe if I layered it over Heirloom I could get that effect...

MACina

I think that Parfait Amour (or another violet/purple eyeshadow) does the trick.Layered over AD + TF it gives that combo this pretty
sheen.

That looks gorgeous, but TF looks so brown on me, not sure I could get the same effect...and how did you get the purple/lavender sparklies to show up? Maybe if I layered it over Heirloom I could get that effect...

singer82

Oh good this thread is still active. Ok so I'm doing a perm haul and noticed Colour Added quad is still on the site. Is it worth getting?

martiangurll

and I add a third resounding YES to getting the Colour Added quad. It is one of the best formulated quads from MAC in years. Like butter! Everyone praises the teal color, but I really love the yellow one!

singer82

Thanks everyone! Def think I'll get it. Esp since I ordered it from Macys when it came out and they sent me call me bubbles instead. And they insisted that they sent me the one I ordered. Luckily I ended up liking cmb.