MAC - Shop Shop Shop / Cook Cook Cook discussion

OhSoJaded

I haven't seen tendertones since I was at the CCO outside of Vegas! Luckily I was able to get BUs in September.

One of the CCOs I go to still has the CMB quad in stock, but they're now out of the fluidlines. I MIGHT try and go back one more time, but I think I'm done with CCO shopping once Black Friday is here. I can't handle the crowds!

geeko

Yep I only have one tendertone from this collection in Purring and it lasts me a long long time. I only wished I had bought more tendertones from this collection. I love the fruity scent in this tendertone and it really helps to moisturize my lips that i wear it even when I'm not goin out too.

martiangurll

Yep I only have one tendertone from this collection in Purring and it lasts me a long long time. I only wished I had bought more tendertones from this collection. I love the fruity scent in this tendertone and it really helps to moisturize my lips that i wear it even when I'm not goin out too.
They are really helping my lips. I got back ups of the Purring and the Hush Hush TT. (I would have gotten BU of all of them if I could)

liba

They are really helping my lips. I got back ups of the Purring and the Hush Hush TT. (I would have gotten BU of all of them if I could)
I wish the tendertones helped my lips more, but for me, they just don't dry my lips out. They don't seem to hydrate above and beyond.

My favorite balm over the years was Clarins, but the one I liked they don't make any more (it came in a handy tube and just moisturized; now it comes in a pot and is also for plumping, which I honestly don't really need). I then switched to Rodial Beauty Balm, which also came in a tube and could be used on the lips and also as a spot treatment for lines, but then they stopped making THAT one too. After that, I tried the new Rodial lip balm formula, but that comes in a pot, was a little too glossy for my liking and was for plumping more than moisturizing too. I just want a darn balm that's creamy, comes in a tube and is designed to be worn at night while you sleep for deep hydration, more than as a daytime balm to look glossy and pouty. I should probably try By Terry balm, which is supposed to be awesome, but damn it's very expensive.

If the mineralize balms are at least very moisturizing for a tinted product, they DO come in a tube, which I prefer, so maybe I'll have something worthwhile to wear during the day - being tinted, I'm not too sure I'd want to wear them while I sleep, though, and that's honestly when I prefer to nourish my lips. :/

MACina

Same here!!!

It is really difficult for me to find products that work for my skin/lips.But TTs (and also the Lip Conditioner) do wonders for my lips!

MACina

liba....have you already tried the Glam Multi Balm from Rodial?

I wonder if this is similar to the Beauty Balm
th_dunno.gif

I wish the tendertones helped my lips more, but for me, they just don't dry my lips out. They don't seem to hydrate above and beyond.

My favorite balm over the years was Clarins, but the one I liked they don't make any more (it came in a handy tube and just moisturized; now it comes in a pot and is also for plumping, which I honestly don't really need). I then switched to Rodial Beauty Balm, which also came in a tube and could be used on the lips and also as a spot treatment for lines, but then they stopped making THAT one too. After that, I tried the new Rodial lip balm formula, but that comes in a pot, was a little too glossy for my liking and was for plumping more than moisturizing too. I just want a darn balm that's creamy, comes in a tube and is designed to be worn at night while you sleep for deep hydration, more than as a daytime balm to look glossy and pouty. I should probably try By Terry balm, which is supposed to be awesome, but damn it's very expensive.

If the mineralize balms are at least very moisturizing for a tinted product, they DO come in a tube, which I prefer, so maybe I'll have something worthwhile to wear during the day - being tinted, I'm not too sure I'd want to wear them while I sleep, though, and that's honestly when I prefer to nourish my lips. :/

liba

liba....have you already tried the Glam Multi Balm from Rodial?

I wonder if this is similar to the Beauty Balm
th_dunno.gif
That's the one I meant - they stopped selling it at Space NK, which used to be the only place you could get it in the states....but now it looks like some Nordstroms carry certain Rodial products too and they have it! I guess I can go back to it now after all. It's good stuff (though I think I still liked the Clarins best, ah well).

MACina

Ah ok...I saw it at douglas.de:

http://www.douglas.de/douglas/Pfleg...-Glam-Balm-Multi_productbrand_3000050035.html

I think that it is quite new here in Germany
hmm.gif

Maybe I should try it...your review sounds great.

That's the one I meant - they stopped selling it at Space NK, which used to be the only place you could get it in the states....but now it looks like some Nordstroms carry certain Rodial products too and they have it! I guess I can go back to it now after all. It's good stuff (though I think I still liked the Clarins best, ah well).

MACina

I used Added Goodness as a base for Parfait Amour today
eyelove.gif

I put AG + PA all over the lid and I blended the edges out with Stars 'N' Rockets and Phloof.

BuickMackane

Fluidlines are really perfect as a base.I use all my f/ls as bases!
OK, stupid question - how do you apply them? Like you would apply a paint pot?

I don't get on well with paint pots (I only have Bare Study, which I find too shimmery), so maybe I'll have better luck using FL as a shadow base.