MAC - Shop Shop Shop / Cook Cook Cook discussion

Liz2012

Have to try visiting the Estee Lauder Company Store again, last time i went there was in july and they had nothing back then from this collection. I reallyyyy hope they have the lipsticks now, not getting Dish It Up and Quick Sizzle has caused me massive skipper's remorse this year
cry.gif

MACerette

Have to try visiting the Estee Lauder Company Store again, last time i went there was in july and they had nothing back then from this collection. I reallyyyy hope they have the lipsticks now, not getting Dish It Up and Quick Sizzle has caused me massive skipper's remorse this year
cry.gif
You can only visit that store when you're invited, right?

I loooove Quick Sizzle. You might also try Schiap from Nars?

Liz2012

You can only visit that store when you're invited, right?
I loooove Quick Sizzle. You might also try Schiap from Nars?
Sadly only on invitation yes ..
Hmm, will google that shade, not too familiar with Nars since it's not available here. Thanks :)

CLO89

mine has the dish it up and runway red lipsticks!

did yours have the Shop/Cook Quad with the purple?
I don't think they did. I'll have to swing by another CCO and check... I've noticed that the ones in my area tend to get different items, at least for the limited ones. I'm jealous yours had Runway Red! Hopefully I see that one soon :). the CCO I visited also had the Reel Sexy & Chen Man Lipsticks, so I was happy about that :). They didn't have any Heroine though :(

OhSoJaded

I don't think they did. I'll have to swing by another CCO and check... I've noticed that the ones in my area tend to get different items, at least for the limited ones. I'm jealous yours had Runway Red! Hopefully I see that one soon :). the CCO I visited also had the Reel Sexy & Chen Man Lipsticks, so I was happy about that :). They didn't have any Heroine though :(
My heart skipped a beat when I read that the Orange CCO had the Reel Sexy lippies and then I saw that they didn't have Heroine. Hope deflated, haha!

KMQE716

Yes! if you ever want me to grab you one i will if they never come! and yes i saw the Force of Love and Budding Love lipsticks there, no heroine like u said! i didn't see Reel Sexy, but i'd love one of those too!

bulbasaur359

I'm kinda bummed that I missed out on Heroine. I swatched it in my local Nordies with the collection but my friend told me it wasn't my color and I didn't get it. I wasn't as adventurous as I am now. I have Yung Ranpunxel and love it so heroine woulda worked. Lame lol.

MACerette

Sadly only on invitation yes ..
Hmm, will google that shade, not too familiar with Nars since it's not available here. Thanks :)
Schiap is a dead on dupe for either quick sizzle or pink pigeon. I will check that for you a.s.a.p. if you want. I order NARS online every now and then. It is not sold here either. Don't understand why tbh...

BriarRose

I'm so jealous of everyone who lives near a CCO. I have major regrets over skipping the CMB quad.
Aww! Hopefully someone can do a CP for you, if you want. The quad I wanted was the Shop & Drop (?) one, but no dice for me so far.

I went back to the CCO nearest me (which is quite a trek away from home!) little over a week ago; my last visit there for awhile because I'll be too busy with work. But they had gotten in Midnight Snack fluidline and Runaway Red lipstick. I picked up the latter; already had the fluidline, and I didn't need a backup.

I am impatiently waiting on/hoping for Quick Sizzle. And I wouldn't mind trying Naughty Saute if that ever shows up.

Liz2012

Schiap is a dead on dupe for either quick sizzle or pink pigeon. I will check that for you a.s.a.p. if you want. I order NARS online every now and then. It is not sold here either. Don't understand why tbh...
That would be great thanks! I know the Sephora stores in France carry NARS, i might be going to Lille again one of these weeks, definitely need to check out some stuff then. Since you order NARS every now and then, any other product recommendations? :)

OhSoJaded

I was impatient and couldn't wait until the weekend, so I called the two CCOs near Vegas and asked if they had the CMB quad in yet and my heart broke when they said no, haha. Hopefully the one in Orange will still have some in stock in two weeks when I drive up to see my parents. They don't have tendertones, either, but I'm still going to stop by and see what other goodies I can spend my money on, haha! I'd love to get fluidline BU, they've become my HG.

CLO89

Yes! if you ever want me to grab you one i will if they never come! and yes i saw the Force of Love and Budding Love lipsticks there, no heroine like u said! i didn't see Reel Sexy, but i'd love one of those too!
Thats so sweet of you! I really appreciate it and may take you up on that offer if I don't see it soon :). I'd be happy to return the favor with Reel Sexy if its there when I return :)

MACerette

That would be great thanks! I know the Sephora stores in France carry NARS, i might be going to Lille again one of these weeks, definitely need to check out some stuff then. Since you order NARS every now and then, any other product recommendations? :)
I haven't ordered in a while, but I love Carthage (really pretty, check that one out!), Schiap and Scarlet Empress l/s, Orgasm (looks really pretty on NC 15), Nico (subtle glow, no real colour), Douceur and Laguna bronzer are probably my favorites. I also have Deep Throat, Torrid, Angelika, Oasis, Madly and Luster blush, Albatross highlighter and Fire Down Below l/s. Those are pretty too. Madly and Luster are my least favorites however.

L-R: Pink Pigeon, Schiap, Quick Sizzle. IRL PP and Schiap are dupes, in the pictures the differences are more apparent. QS is just a tad darker that PP but they're really close.

And I totally forgot to swatch Carthage (on top). It is a tad warmer than PP but nice and intense (matte). Unfortunately the picture does not do the colour justice. Really pretty that one. Note that when I wiped my hands down with a MAC wipe Schiap disappeared and PP and QS were still quite visible on my hand. Carthage also leaves a stain, be it lighter. Schiap disappears...

Kaidan

Aww man, that's great!

I wish there was a CCO in my country.

Liz2012

I haven't ordered in a while, but I love Carthage (really pretty, check that one out!), Schiap and Scarlet Empress l/s, Orgasm (looks really pretty on NC 15), Nico (subtle glow, no real colour), Douceur and Laguna bronzer are probably my favorites. I also have Deep Throat, Torrid, Angelika, Oasis, Madly and Luster blush, Albatross highlighter and Fire Down Below l/s. Those are pretty too. Madly and Luster are my least favorites however.

L-R: Pink Pigeon, Schiap, Quick Sizzle. IRL PP and Schiap are dupes, in the pictures the differences are more apparent. QS is just a tad darker that PP but they're really close.

And I totally forgot to swatch Carthage (on top). It is a tad warmer than PP but nice and intense (matte). Unfortunately the picture does not do the colour justice. Really pretty that one. Note that when I wiped my hands down with a MAC wipe Schiap disappeared and PP and QS were still quite visible on my hand. Carthage also leaves a stain, be it lighter. Schiap disappears...
Tyvm for the swatches, very helpful! :) Tbh i'm more interested in Carthage now than in Schiap lol, it looks really pretty
love.gif
Will check those two out for sure. And the names Orgasm, Deep Throat, and Albatross definitely ring a bell, i've already seen many people talk about those on here :) Will need to take a better look at the NARS products next time i'm in Lille! Thanks again!
thmbup.gif

MACerette

Tyvm for the swatches, very helpful! :) Tbh i'm more interested in Carthage now than in Schiap lol, it looks really pretty
love.gif
Will check those two out for sure. And the names Orgasm, Deep Throat, and Albatross definitely ring a bell, i've already seen many people talk about those on here :) Will need to take a better look at the NARS products next time i'm in Lille! Thanks again!
thmbup.gif
Yvw ;) I know you will love Carthage. It is gorgeous.... Schiap is slightly bluer.

I thought I would be disappointed in Orgasm due to the hype but it really is pretty. I think if you're slightly darker DT might be better though.

liba

I was impatient and couldn't wait until the weekend, so I called the two CCOs near Vegas and asked if they had the CMB quad in yet and my heart broke when they said no, haha. Hopefully the one in Orange will still have some in stock in two weeks when I drive up to see my parents. They don't have tendertones, either, but I'm still going to stop by and see what other goodies I can spend my money on, haha! I'd love to get fluidline BU, they've become my HG.
I wouldn't mind even more BUs of Wholesome! My Blacktrack just sits gathering dust - Wholesome is just so much better, creamier, moister looking and a nicer black for me by far. I'm not rationing it, because I can't bring myself to use another black gel liner. I think someone was saying there is a Bobbi Brown gel liner that's similar??

I keep meaning to slog down to Orange to check out the CCO, but I kind of hate driving to Orange County from downtown L.A. :/

bulbasaur359

I keep meaning to hit the Orange CCO soon. I don't live that far from it maybe 10-12 miles mostly freeway which is nice but I forget b/c of all the new stuff coming out lol. I'd love to find Added Goodness as I've seen pics online and now lemm it lol. My local freestanding store had a midnight snack tester in lieu of one from SS today. I shoulda asked if they actually had any stock but don't know much about that shade as I missed S/C MAC.