MAC - Shop Shop Shop / Cook Cook Cook discussion

Pinkdollface

I just saw an ebay auction with some items of this collection. Watch me Simmer looks great!

MAC SHOP MAC, COOK MAC & VERA COLLECTION - YOU CHOOSE! variety 100% AUTHENTIC | eBay
I kept looking at the Colour Added quad, because it reminded me of something. I couldn't put my finger on it, but now i know what it was! The Colour Added quads colour scheme reminds me of a brighter Burmese Beauty quad. I like the look of the yellow and the teal shades, but i don't know if i want to buy the quad just for those.
And you're right Watch me Simmer does look great!

MACina

iagree.gif
......Watch me Simmer looks really very pretty!

And it could be close to Vegas Volt....we neeeeeeed swatches!!!

I kept looking at the Colour Added quad, because it reminded me of something. I couldn't put my finger on it, but now i know what it was! The Colour Added quads colour scheme reminds me of a brighter Burmese Beauty quad. I like the look of the yellow and the teal shades, but i don't know if i want to buy the quad just for those. And you're right Watch me Simmer does look great!

cno64

I assume that they have enough stock, both online and in-store.

I hope you're right!
I'm still a little annoyed about Iris Apfel, though I did eventually get what I *really* wanted from that collection.
All I want from Shop/Cook are a couple of lipsticks, and the Hot 'n' Saucy Tendertone.
I just don't do quads or cream blushes.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I kept looking at the Colour Added quad, because it reminded me of something. I couldn't put my finger on it, but now i know what it was! The Colour Added quads colour scheme reminds me of a brighter Burmese Beauty quad. I like the look of the yellow and the teal shades, but i don't know if i want to buy the quad just for those. And you're right Watch me Simmer does look great!
It's funny you mention that, because I find that all three of these quads remind me of the Fabulous Felines quads, just bolder and brighter. That actually bodes well for me (although not for my wallet) because the FF quads are three of my all-time favourites from Mac.

QueenOfSnark

I just saw an ebay auction with some items of this collection. Watch me Simmer looks great!

MAC SHOP MAC, COOK MAC & VERA COLLECTION - YOU CHOOSE! variety 100% AUTHENTIC | eBay
Thanks for the link! Man, I might want two of Watch Me Simmer. I'm a sucker for pink/orange/coral colors and imagine I'd get a LOT of usage out of it. I don't have Vegas Volt so I can't compare them, but since both VV and WMS are both Amplifieds if they are close dupes I'll just get one WMS.

shontay07108

I think I might get all 3 quads. It's too bad the KLC's are all repromotes b/c I would like to own more. Other than the quads, I'm not sure I'm getting anything else. Bummer.

kisou

Quote: Originally Posted by katred I find that all three of these quads remind me of the Fabulous Felines quads, just bolder and brighter.

Really? Haha I thought looking at the images, they sort of kind of reminded me of Cult of Cherry from a few years back. *_*!

baghdad81

i went to the pro store in Toronto today and basically the two MUA's I talked to said this collection was fab and everything in it rocked! Uh oh :bigstar:

BMoreave86

I got to see a small "sneak" of this collection at my MAC Counter. The lipsticks are too die for, gorgeous, gorgeous colors. I couldn't swatch them though :( The quads appeared to be very vibrant, didn't get such a good look because the SAs were making face charts. The nail polish is nice too. I am actually really excited for this collection. I hope MAC is making a comeback, and I am ALL about a bright lipstick this year, Iris Apfel sparked something inside of me with those amazing lipsticks.

singer82

Me too girl. I was always scared of them because of my paleness. But they are def growing on me. I love Party Parrot. I dont see many people wearing bright lips here, so when I wear it I feel special :) I'm excited to see all the lippies from this. This coll will be a big one for me. Cant wait to see swatches!

I got to see a small "sneak" of this collection at my MAC Counter. The lipsticks are too die for, gorgeous, gorgeous colors. I couldn't swatch them though :( The quads appeared to be very vibrant, didn't get such a good look because the SAs were making face charts. The nail polish is nice too. I am actually really excited for this collection. I hope MAC is making a comeback, and I am ALL about a bright lipstick this year, Iris Apfel sparked something inside of me with those amazing lipsticks.

missah

My MA friend said that this collection is right up my alley actually.
But Im holding myself back this time
Gotta be nicer to my wallet.
angelic.gif

QueenOfSnark

I think I might get all 3 quads. It's too bad the KLC's are all repromotes b/c I would like to own more. Other than the quads, I'm not sure I'm getting anything else. Bummer.
The lipstick junkie is only getting eyeshadow quads?
wtff.gif
*gasps, clutches pearls, looks for signs of the apocalypse*

I keed, I keed.
greengrin.gif

princess sarah

With all the hype of a collection I usally get really caught up in it and over spend. Im going to do my best and stick to my first wish list... well try to!

BlahWah

I'm just tuning into this collection now (such a lurker these days!) but if anyone in Toronto wants to check out the collection on Jan 31, 7-9pm at Eaton's Centre, PM me and I'll call to see if they have space. It'd be nice to go with another Specktrette!

shontay07108

The lipstick junkie is only getting eyeshadow quads? :wtf2: *gasps, clutches pearls, looks for signs of the apocalypse* I keed, I keed. :D
I knoooow. I'm hoping I change my mind when I see them in person. From the looks of it now, either the colors are a bore or the finish is wrong for me. We'll see.

openexpression

I took a trip to my nearest CCO in Mississippi and they had all of the KLC from Mega Metals in stock. I backed up Flaunting It and Temper Tantra and purchased Exxxhibitionist, so...I can scratch the KLC's off of my list. Check your CCO's ladies and you may be able to save money on the KLCs!