MAC - Shop Shop Shop / Cook Cook Cook discussion

kisou

I actually pulled out the quad this week because I wanted to see what Brash looked like. It's a very fall-type quad, but I still love it. That said, I'm still thinking of getting Call Me Bubbles... It's the only quad I'm kind of on the fence about and I have a feeling the OCD collector in me won't let me buy two out of three quads.
Edit: Actually just occurred to me that I'm wearing the Tempting quad today... I guess I do get a lot of use out of my quads.

I actually really like the quads that come out in the different collections- which always bums me out because they're usually the ones that get knocked on the most! I hear everyone bemoan how unpigmented they are, etc. and how much people don't like them. If anything, I always like going out of my way and getting them because the color selections are always great! Plus they're my go-to travel pieces which makes them even more darling in my eyes!

Just thinking on this fact makes me wonder if the S3/C3 Color Added palette would be right up my alley :0

As for the CoC Tempting quad, don't get me started- I misplaced it a few months ago and it makes me angry every time I think of how much I want that quad in my life! I got so much use out of that thing!!

sungelly87

i signed up for a mac makeover on 2/9, I really hope that the items i want are not sold out by then!

My list:
Watch me simmer l/s
Innocence Beware l/s
Woo Me kissable
Wholesome e/l
Hush, Hush tendertone

ALivingDoll

I'm with you on the bright lipstick
iagree.gif
Like you, Iris Apfel got me into bright lippies as well.

GlamQueen21

Spiced Chocolate is my biggest "did not get and I regret" item too!!!!! Stupid!!!! I got the Tempting quad, and still use it occasionally, but I think I would have used Spiced Chocolate more!!

Spiced Chocolate Quad is my most did-not-get-and-I-regret item as well! I am STILL on the hunt for it though but I'm getting Call Me Bubbles Quad though.

2browneyes

I wore OO today...love it! I don't think I'll back it up but it's definitely worth the buy if you don't have it already. I have developed a thing for quads lately so I'm interested in seeing these in person. And I am definitely getting all the tendertones :)

princess sarah

hmmmmmmm im soooooo undecided whether to get tendertones or not!!! one minute im getting them and the next minute I change my mind. I have decided no KLC for me from this collection but Iris has got me into bright lipsticks so i am either going to get one from here or back up Pink Pigeon once it hits australia.

Until I see swatches.... I am never going to know what i want!!

sweetbabyblue

I wonder whether anyone can compared Flaunting It with Illamasqua's intense lipgloss in Move? I own Move and it was one of my favourites, lost it and recently repurchased. Would be interested in trying this though!

sinergy

i cant wait to see swatches!!! i signed up for the makeover on the 9th also at the closest counter to me, I'v never done that before normally I order everything I want online.I think Im going to be the first one for that day ...does anyone know what can I expect as far as what i am interested in getting? Is there a chance stuff will be all gone even before I get there, or am I better off ordering online?

Mac-Guy

i cant wait to see swatches!!! i signed up for the makeover on the 9th also at the closest counter to me, I'v never done that before normally I order everything I want online.I think Im going to be the first one for that day ...does anyone know what can I expect as far as what i am interested in getting? Is there a chance stuff will be all gone even before I get there, or am I better off ordering online?

I believe they will put stock aside for the make over/events, but I would give them a call to confirm with your specific location. However, as you have you make over on the launch date, you should be relatively safe to get everything you want even if they don't put stock aside. Enjoy the make over.

sinergy

Thank You!!

I do hair and makeup all day in my salon and on the weekends for my photog friend, but I've never had anyone else apply mine, lol. I am pretty excited for it and really can't believe I've never had it done. I did think cause it was the day of the launch I should be safe in what I want...hoping I can cut one of the quads out since I want all three..but we will see..=)

lmcmullen

I really want to see swatches for this. Right now my tentative list looks like the Colour Added quad (the one with the yellows in it), the blackened mauve fluidline, Dish it up l/s and the 211 eyeliner brush, but it really depends on how they swatch....

I wasn't going to get anything from this because I had gone beserk with the Naturally collection (and I just added 3 of the MES and a lipstick to that ginormous haul LOL) but my resolve is weakening....

katred

Specktra Bestie
Soooo hoping for swatches today!!
I'm surprised that we haven't seen any already. Normally, beauty blogs have swatches and reviews up about a week, or at least a few days, before the collection hits the Pro site. That's already later than it used to be (2010-ish), but this is really surprising. If I were someone like Christine from Temptalia or Karen from MUBB, I'd be annoyed, because it lessens the impact of their reviews if they only get the products at the same time as the general public. On Thursday, anyone who lives in a city with a Pro store will be able to pick these products up, swatch them and review them. Kinda sucks for the ladies who make a living doing so...

I'll be happy to see anything at this point. I'm actually really excited for the collection, more so than I have been for a while. It's like Mac is deliberately trying to irritate me personally or something.
th_stormy.gif

Mac-Guy

I'm surprised that we haven't seen any already. Normally, beauty blogs have swatches and reviews up about a week, or at least a few days, before the collection hits the Pro site. That's already later than it used to be (2010-ish), but this is really surprising. If I were someone like Christine from Temptalia or Karen from MUBB, I'd be annoyed, because it lessens the impact of their reviews if they only get the products at the same time as the general public. On Thursday, anyone who lives in a city with a Pro store will be able to pick these products up, swatch them and review them. Kinda sucks for the ladies who make a living doing so...
I'll be happy to see anything at this point. I'm actually really excited for the collection, more so than I have been for a while. It's like Mac is deliberately trying to irritate me personally or something.
th_stormy.gif

I would not go so far to say that it lessens the impact of a review. If I like to hear the opinion of a certain person (online or IRL), it doesn't matter to me when I get to hear it. A good review is always valuable.

These days, MAC is just getting smarter by no revealing products too early, so everybody has a chance to form their own opinion without the influence of a blog. With a little bit of patience, swatches will eventually turn up soon. Just hang in there.

kisou

I'm surprised that we haven't seen any already. Normally, beauty blogs have swatches and reviews up about a week, or at least a few days, before the collection hits the Pro site. That's already later than it used to be (2010-ish), but this is really surprising.
....I'm actually really excited for the collection, more so than I have been for a while. It's like Mac is deliberately trying to irritate me personally or something.
th_stormy.gif
Haha- I'm actually right there with you. I remember when I first started to get really into cosmetics, the swatches were out and about at least a couple weeks out in advance. Now I check the swatch forums here or I do some google searching and nothing! I definitely feel like the time before swatches appear and the collection is released to be way too short. Most of the time, I don't see the swatches until I can all ready walk into the store-- and at that point, what's the use?

But ya, I'm really looking forward to this collection like WHOA and I can't wait to check it all out. If I wasn't going to be out of town for the release, I'd make an appointment to get done up on launch date :X

Latest posts