MAC - Shop Shop Shop / Cook Cook Cook discussion

aradhana

Out of curiosity, which counter was it? I think I heard that they're doing some kind of event at The Bay, but it might have been in conjunction with one of those larger Bay events that all the counters participate in. As far as it being an extension of the Barbie line... News to me too. I guess the models in the photos kind of look like Barbies...

it was at the bay in fairview pte claire...i sometimes go there on my way to visit my parents, so i guess they have me on their list. actually, all the salespeople at that counter are superfriendly, and have held LE items for me in the past, so i kind of prefer going there to the mac store in that mall.

it's true they kind of look like barbies...but it might just be someone trying to tie it in with another successful collection?!

it's strange that they would time their events according to the bay schedule rather than the release....what if they're all sold out of half the collection?

2browneyes

That yellow np looks like something I've been searching for. Hope it's an opaque shimmerless yellow....I'd snatch it up in a hot sec. Thx for the pic.

OctoberViolet

From the picture, it kind of reminds me of Petals & Peacocks, Pink Pigeon & even a little bit like Party Parrot. Maybe if I see more swatches under different lighting I will change my mind.

cno64

I think I will pass on Quick Sizzle. I have many lipsticks that are similar. I do like the look of Force of Love though.
My thoughts exactly!
Quick Sizzle looks pretty much like the second coming of Pink Pigeon, which I didn't get, primarily because it looked like a second coming of Hollywood Nights, which I already have.
Force of Love is a possibility, though it does look somewhat like Impassioned, which I already have.
I'll just have to wait for more swatches, I guess ...

QueenOfSnark

Adding in to the "Quick Sizzle looks like the other 10000 BAJILLION fuschia/hot pinks that MAC releases every month" sentiment. I haven't even finished my tube of Gulabi, so that's a pass. Force of Love looks pretty but incredibly similar to Chanel's Hyde Park, so I'm not even going to give it a second glance.

Looks like I'm just picking up Hush, Hush and Watch Me Simmer, and the latter will be determined by how close it is to Chanel's Exotic RA. I'm hoping Hush, Hush isn't too tacky/glittery/frosty or else that's a skip too since I'm not a huge gloss fan. I may just walk away with...nothing. Blasphemy, I know.
icon_eek.gif

OctoberViolet

Yes. MAC does come out with a bajillion similar fuschia/hot pinks. It's a great color and I do realize it must be hard to come up with different shades and/or not to make too many very similar ones. I definitely want Dish It Up because it kind of reminds me of Total Wow and Radicchio (which I loved and it fell on the floor like my f'ing Lavender Whip). I wish they would either repromote Lavender Whip or come up with something similar, but in the new matte formula, new formula or amplified creme.

Adding in to the "Quick Sizzle looks like the other 10000 BAJILLION fuschia/hot pinks that MAC releases every month" sentiment. I haven't even finished my tube of Gulabi, so that's a pass. Force of Love looks pretty but incredibly similar to Chanel's Hyde Park, so I'm not even going to give it a second glance.

Looks like I'm just picking up Hush, Hush and Watch Me Simmer, and the latter will be determined by how close it is to Chanel's Exotic RA. I'm hoping Hush, Hush isn't too tacky/glittery/frosty or else that's a skip too since I'm not a huge gloss fan. I may just walk away with...nothing. Blasphemy, I know.
icon_eek.gif

martiangurll

Anyone else think Quick Sizzle looks a lot like Impassioned? I think its a pass. I am still on the fence about Naughty Saute and Runway Red. I don't want to have Skipper's Remorse.

romi79_2008

Can you believe I have none of those colors? lol, I do have Pink nouveau and Chatterbox and Ultra darling, but they are a little different I think.

And Candy Yum-Yum, Full Fuchsia, Show Orchid, Fun 'n' Sexy, Impassioned, Fashionably Fuchsia, etc., etc.

LARAELYSE

Anyone else think Quick Sizzle looks a lot like Impassioned? I think its a pass. I am still on the fence about Naughty Saute and Runway Red. I don't want to have Skipper's Remorse.

Skipper's Remorse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THATS WHAT THATS CALLED!! LMAO!!!
rofl.gif

liba

I've been really drawn to the polishes in this collection, but I've been trying to hold back. This photo isn't helping.
SOS.gif

Christy0188

I agree with you is a slightly lighter version of girl about town I think I will pass on this one :( or I may have to see it in person to change my mind lol!

Latest posts