MAC - Shop Shop Shop / Cook Cook Cook discussion

Icecaramellatte

3. Watch me simmer is the standout of this collection...it's a coral cousin of impassioned but really bright and really good payoff. The MUAs were mostly rocking
Great reviews. I forgot about Watch me Simmer. It was the only lip color I was interested in but it was just too bright for me. But it looked fab on everyone who wore it. I knew if I bought it, it would just sit in my stash unused. But I agree it was the best color.

QueenOfSnark

Just got back from my event too. Unfortunately my swatches smudged off on my sweater. :/

To make sure I stayed good I didn't even look at the quads, just the lippies. I tried on a tendertone but the MUA put WAY too much on me, and the fruity scent/taste was a big NO. I have a very sensitive sense of smell (and taste) thanks to perfume collecting so...yeah. Too bad, I liked the look of Hush, Hush when it wasn't so globbed onto me.

-Viva Glam Nicki was a FLUORESCENT bubblegum pink, no coral whatsoever. Kudos to whoever can pull this off, I certainly couldn't.
-Dish It Up looked like a slightly lighter Up the Amp, which I swapped away so nope.
-Runaway Red wasn't as blue as I feared, and made a nice classic pinup red. Purchased.
-Watch Me Simmer is a pretty coral/orange pink, so I bought it. Too bad when I got home I realized it looks EXACTLY like Chanel's Hyde Park, HP being slightly deeper/more pink.
-I didn't bother swatching Quick Sizzle because I could tell by the tube it was a twin (or at most close cousin) to Show Orchid.

My store verified that I couldn't B2M for these (Boo!) so I picked up Diamond Dove and Pillow Talk. Last ones too. They must have a weird new B2M procedure as I realized when I got home they weren't in boxes.

I must be spoiled off other MU companies' lippies (especially Chanel), and/or my sense of smell/taste is indeed hypersensitive as all MAC lippies now taste like wax on my lips. I think these will be the last MAC lippies I buy ever as the taste is pretty hard for me to tolerate.

goldilocks88

I had a teeny tiny haul at the Eaton Centre party tonight.
I picked up:

Enchantee KLC
Undercurrent e/l (from Vera)
Industrial e/l (from Vera)

Overall, I thought the S3/C3 collection was really fun, and if I had the funds (and a slightly less massive collection of MAC products already at home...) I would have bought more. The quads were all surprisingly nice and pigmented! Defnitely worth checking out, I just couldn't justify them as I have a dupe for every colour ever in my collection (haha). The KLC have such a lovely texture; I didn't pick any up when they first came out with Peacocky but I looooooved Enchantee and couldn't resist. The lippies were all very nice, but again, dupable if you've been collecting for a while. The tendertones had a lovely texture and the colours were great, I just can't deal with sticking my finger in a pot. That's all I can really recall about the collection at this moment but to sum it up, it's a really solid collection with a lot of really pigmented products.

As for Vera, I didn't expect to see it there but was elated because I loooove the pearlglide liners and my Undercurrent from last year has disappeared. I also picked up Industrial which is so interesting with it's sometimes pink, sometimes blue duochrome. I only tried the pinkier blush powder but it was go awful...basically no pigment whatsoever. The plushglasses were really gorgeous colours, as were the nail polishes, and had my funds allowed it, I would have picked up a few.

I hope everyone had fun at the parties; the Eaton Centre was a total zoo but it was still fun and a really cute concept.
Off to sleep now!

dancinbluegirl

I just got back from the party! I managed some self restraint and only picked up Hot n Saucy Tendertone. I'm a little disappointed though that the pretty pink plaid is actually just a cardboard sleeve on the Tendertone, the actual packaging is the shiny white embossed box. The place was packed, I took swatches of everything but nothing really stood out to me. I may go back when it's less crowded and pick up a few more things!

I only swatched Call Me Bubbles but I was a little disappointed in it. Call Me Bubbles and Fresh Daily didn't feel very pigmented to me but I liked Brash and Full of Flavour.

EDIT:

I was just comparing my old Sweet Tooth Tendertone with the Hot N Saucy I just got now and the lid for the new Hot n Saucy is definitely lighter, and IMO feels a little cheaper.

angieangel

Hey guys! I normally lurk around here, but I know everyone's dying to see swatches so I wanted to share mine
yahoo.gif
. I just got back from the party, and picked up all the lipsticks and fluidlines. They are waiting to approved by a moderator in the swatch thread right now!!!!

angieangel

I didn't get to see the quads, it was cray cray in there and they had the displays in the tiniest corner to get to! I kinda knew what I wanted, and they gave us shopping lists-so I kinda checked my things off and tried to leave before it got even worse.
Sorry :(

BlahWah

Wow, great reviews from others who went to the preview parties! My two cents on the coral quad is that it's a really pretty combination and the textures are pretty decent. I'll be skipping it tho as I think I can use Pollinator+Early Bird for the coral, Orange Tangent+Sunplosion (from waaaaay back) for the orange, I've got Brash from Spiced Chocolate and the highlighter isn't anything to write home about.... sooooooo I can save some money for Vera. =D Very happy that I can back up Undercurrent and might also get Black Line to go with my kohl powers. I'll pick those up when they come out. I did get Watch Me Simmer, unswatched - I'm hoping it's a softer, peachier Hibiscus for spring. I tried on Quick Sizzle and while I can't pull off a full application as the MA did on me, it does look really pretty as a stain. The eco bag is cute but now I'm wishing I got the gloves - I need the incentive to do more chores! =P

angieangel

First impressions on the fluidlines- I originally thought Midnight Snack would be my favorite, but of the 3, I think I'll get most use out of wholesome. It's more of a cream/matte finish (think blacktrack but softer) whereas the other 2 are shimmery. Added Goodness is a pretty shimmery dark brown/taupe, would probably work amazingly as a base as well. Midnight Snack is like a dark gunmetal with silver flecks throughout. I'll add swatches of those as soon as I can!

GlamQueen21

The event was so fun!!! I got to swatch some lipsticks and all three quads. I even saw the Vera Collection display and could've got closer to the display. Everyone was crowding around each display and I got some pics and they are on my blog.I would have to say that the Tendertones and Lipsticks are must-haves as well as Call Me Bubbles Quad! This collection is going to be a new favorite of mine and will place an order on a few more items from this collection next week. Here is what I ended up from this collection:

Naughty Saute l/s
Runaway Red l/s
Watch Me Simmer l/s
Quick Sizzle l/s
Call Me Bubbles Quad
So Vain KLC
Hush Hush Tendertone
Tread Gently Tendertone

The sleeves for the boxes are so cute! Even I loved how all of the MUA's makeup! Most of them had on bright bold pink lips and makes me want to do a bright pink lip now but right now it's late and I need to go to bed.

PrettyKitty

First impressions on the fluidlines- I originally thought Midnight Snack would be my favorite, but of the 3, I think I'll get most use out of wholesome. It's more of a cream/matte finish (think blacktrack but softer) whereas the other 2 are shimmery. Added Goodness is a pretty shimmery dark brown/taupe, would probably work amazingly as a base as well. Midnight Snack is like a dark gunmetal with silver flecks throughout. I'll add swatches of those as soon as I can!

Thank you! I want some shimmers :) so I think I'll get Midnight Snack!

peace.love.mac

I just got back from the event and it was so crowded at my Mac! I waited in like for about 15 min and when you get inside it's really hectic. I had to wait 5 min just to be able to look at the testers..The only thing I wanted to pick up was Watch Me Simmer and it was sold out at 8:45 :( Innocence Beware was also a really pretty nude color with slight shimmer. I wanted to get that one also but I feel like I already have something like it.

angieangel

My swatches are up!! Forgive me for not knowing the official rules, but I'm hoping it's ok that I
add a few pics here too for reference.

maclovin baby

Oh my gosh I want that bag,if anybody is interested in passing along pwease :) I couldn't go bc I didnt find anyone who would watch my 2 year old and the last time I took him into a mac store he drew on the window with a lipstick.....

allThingsGirl

I'm back from the party -- the only thing I really went for was Quick Sizzle but it was sold out. =( I was lucky enough to get Pink Pigeon and have NARS Carthage, so, I'm okay with missing out.

However, I did come home with Watch Me Simmer! I don't have this kind of color so I thought I'd try it. Many of the MAs were wearing it and it looked awesome!

I tried on the plummy creme blush but it didn't blend that well into my skin. I passed on that. Florida and the orange one were both very pretty though.

The quads weren't bad! I think the pigmentation has been worse for the quads previous to these, though the coral in the coral quad wasn't so good. The blue/yellow in the other quad were smooth.

The fluidlines were okay. I liked the grey one best. The other two were blah!