MAC - Shop Shop Shop / Cook Cook Cook discussion

cno64

I may just walk away with...nothing. Blasphemy, I know.
icon_eek.gif

Oh, I don't know.
I'm starting to have this weird feeling that I'm not as eager about this collection as I "should" be.
If I didn't want to get Runaway Red as a birthday gift for a friend, I might just ignore Shop/Cook entirely.

Mac-Guy

I'm starting to have this weird feeling that I'm not as eager about this collection as I "should" be. If I didn't want to get Runaway Red as a birthday gift for a friend, I might just ignore Shop/Cook entirely.
Consider yourself a lucky gal.
cheerleader.gif

cno64

What would be wrong with that?
tease.gif

I actually kind of like it when my lips are practically bright enough to blind oncoming traffic.
Maybe I have a complex from when I was in junior high and got made fun of for having "fat lips."
wacko.gif

cno64

Consider yourself a lucky gal.
cheerleader.gif

I do, especially since I'd like to get Moleskin eyeshadow while it's still available, and maybe Kiss Me Quick pencil.
My Prep + Prime Lash probably needs replacing, too.
So being mostly unmoved by Shop/Cook is a good thing.

liba

I actually kind of like it when my lips are practically bright enough to blind oncoming traffic.
Maybe I have a complex from when I was in junior high and got made fun of for having "fat lips."
wacko.gif
It was the wrong insanely bright for me without the tan....kind of like I was wearing those wax candy lips!

It was definitely the right insanely bright once I had a tan, though!
lmao.gif

P.S. All those kids that teased you are probably busy worrying about their unsexy skinny lips now, so the joke's on them!

cno64

I am still on the fence about Naughty Saute and Runway Red. I don't want to have Skipper's Remorse.
Not that I'm an enabler, or anything, but GET RUNAWAY RED!

I skipped it when it came out with MAC Me Over, heard the raves, got Skipper's Remorse (I knew there had to be a name for it!), and finally tracked one down.
It's a gorgeous deep cranbeery-ish red, with a wonderful satin finish.

cno64

It was the wrong insanely bright for me without the tan....kind of like I was wearing those wax candy lips!

P.S. All those kids that teased you are probably busy worrying about their unsexy skinny lips now, so the joke's on them!
Bright is one thing, but wax candy lips really *aren't* a good look.
As for my "fat" lips, I can't describe how smug I feel when I hear about someone getting collagen injections in the lips.

EmbalmerBabe

Haha Skipper's Remorse, I love that too! What's a clever name for getting there too late and what you wanted is sold out remorse?

princess sarah

hmm seeing those swatches of quick sizzle I think I am going to pass on that... looks too close to the other various pinks I have hauled lately... Would rather get another pink pigeon when it is released in Australia

katred

Specktra Bestie

I think these two nail polishes could be part of shop/cook! Don't you think so?

source : http://web.stagram.com/location/6562605
Those are very pretty and, yes, they definitely look like they could come from this collection! I haven't been paying attention to the polishes, because I feel like I have lower cost and/ or better quality alternatives available, but I do find that Mac have upped their polish game a lot in recent years.

Icecaramellatte

Oh no! I didn't want to be the first to check in from the parties. I just cannot do swatches. I'm going to bed in a few. I'm seriously overloaded at work. I have some big stuff coming up this week. I really had no business even going to the party but I've been looking forward to it all month. Anyway, the event was really cute. The SAs were wearing gingham aprons. Everyone looked great. They were serving some pink drink called Nuvo?? I think. As soon as I walked in the MA started applying the blue from the Color Added quad. I think she was inspired by my blue shirt. I was already wearing *edit* Daylight MES with Howzat in the crease. Then she added Pre-packaged (shimmery blue) to the outer V and Laundry Daze in the inner corner. Surprisingly, I really liked it. I'm glad she chose this one to try one me as it was the only quad I was on the fence about. I don't always do well with blues so I was a bit afraid but it looked great. Now that I'm home, it almost has a duo chrome effect to it. But I don't know if it is the color or if it's because of the combination with the colors I was already wearing. Unfortunately, I didn't try much else. I was pretty sure of everything else on my list. I debated trying Florida but I just didn't know if I needed it so I didn't even try it. I did pick one Tendertone (orange one to try).

I was really hoping not to see the Vera Collection. But it was there. I ended up with some stuff from Vera too. Anyway, back to S3/C3. The gift was a choice of pink "Mac" bag with bubbles, set of 3 sponges or pink rubber gloves.

After I left, I went to Ricky's to check out nail polish. I'm also a nailpolish junkie. I saw a color that looked like a Mac color I just bought. Well, I go to pull it out to compare and its not there. So I end up going back to exchange it but the SA at the register had the same color on. Of course I loved it on her and kept it. I also picked up 2 more tendertones that were nagging me.

Oh I almost forgot - I just took the quads out of the packaging to take a quick look and I notice this rainbow/oil slick effect on the lid of the quads. I figure it's some kind of defect or something. But then I notice the colors in the oil slick are the same as the pink packaging of the quad. Any one else notice this?

Okay so I have a big haul but in my defense, my birthday is on Friday and I'm making it part of my "Birthday Haul" or my birthday gift to myself.

So my haul:

• Color Added quad
  • Shop and Drop quad
  • Call Me Bubbles quad
  • Optimistic Orange Cremeblend blush
  • Midnight Snack fluidline
  • Added Goodness fluidline
  • Wholesome fluidline
  • Salad Dressed nail polish
  • Kid Orange nail polish

P.S. I had on the shimmery blue eyeshadow but I noticed a lot of people wearing the coppery color all over the lid. I'm assuming it was brash. I'm thinking that was the look that they were pushing. If any one had a look done on them, please post.

baghdad81

went to the event today at eaton centre...was crazy busy we had to wait quite a bit in line even though people were scheduled for events...It was super crazy inside though with so many MUAs. You'd think when they close the store down for an event, they would have more testers but it was just the same one display one for shop one for cook. Testers were everywhere and it was generally hectic. Vera was also out but I didn't care to check it, and I didn't check Cook (the one with TLC). Quick thoughts cuz am sleepy lol (no swatches sorry!): 1. Naughty Saute is kind of like MUFE #33 on me, it's a shiny pink lipstick kind of like in between St. Germain and a mid tone pink! 2. Dish it up is a lustre and didn't have amazing colour payoff for me...it's kind of like Craving but maybe a bit more purple (eggplant kind of purple). 3. Watch me simmer is the standout of this collection...it's a coral cousin of impassioned but really bright and really good payoff. The MUAs were mostly rocking this one. 4. Innocence beware and runway red are pretty and you guys know about them so am not gonna bother. 5. Quick sizzle is bright, it's not CYY, it's not pink pigeon either I think, it's a matter Girl about town but still a little bit more fuchsia than GAT. The quads: I only liked the kind of teal colour in one quad, and brash in the other. The last quad with the purple is one I feel we've seen before (even the MUAs said it's the same kind of palette you see often). The one with the yellow/teal: the yellow looks like bitter/sour lemon but with a smoother finish and it's satiny, the teal is truly gorgeous, a straight up teal with a strong black base. The grey was quite sheer and had to be built up. The coral palette was very popular among the MUAs with most rocking the colours on their lids. I felt it was dupable as well. The pink is nice, not sheer, something MAC doesn't have, the light orange is kind of like juiced but sheerer and with a whiter base and more satin, and brash is just gorge. I didn't want to spend 45$ on a single eyeshadow so I didn't get the quads but may go back to get the coral one if I can spare funds. Lastly, I was only able to swatch two of the creme blends: Florida and OO. Florida is different from the other pinks in the creme blend range. It's like a deeper, purpler so sweet, so easy. OO was nice, but I don't know how much I would wear it. The KLC i liked. I got So Vain (SOOO EXPENSIVE!!! 22.50$ in CAD) and I would have gotten more if I had more funds! I wanted to like the light pink one but it looked horrid on me. Flaunting it I didn't like either but I may change my mind. Scan-delicious I liked and I may get it later. I also want to try the nudish KLC. As I said, I didn't check out Vera. on another note, I also tried the sephora retractable pencils and they have a good range for about 16$ in CAD. If the pearl glides are more expensive, I may get those instead because they really stayed well and didn't budge.

baghdad81

As for the event, it was really cute. They had a model with big hair who was giving out goodies (gloves, sponges or eco bag) wearing pink and an apron. All the MUAs were wearing aprons and 50's inspired hair. They had drinks, sandwiches and cupcakes and the serves were all male wearing aprons as well. It was a nice atmosphere!

Latest posts