MAC So Reel / Reel Sexy discussion

XxMoOmOoxX

Did anybody buy a beigescapade?

I got one from the Reel Sexy collection online at Macy's and it barely had any veining. I didn't get to choose mine, so I'm not sure if all of them look like beigescapade.

I also got one with lots of veining at the Estee Lauder Company Store and that one is from the Fall Colour collection. There were 2 beigescapades too.

They both look the same on me when worn on the cheekbones. They provide a very natural subtle glow. <3

Piarpreet

i think they will be like that forever. because of the materials used. in the end they look the same on (or similar) so I guess we gotta compromise on looks :(

I got one from the Reel Sexy collection online at Macy's and it barely had any veining. I didn't get to choose mine, so I'm not sure if all of them look like beigescapade.

I also got one with lots of veining at the Estee Lauder Company Store and that one is from the Fall Colour collection. There were 2 beigescapades too.

They both look the same on me when worn on the cheekbones. They provide a very natural subtle glow. <3

XxMoOmOoxX

I remember when the Fall Colour collection came out, some people mentioned that there is veining underneath the surface. So, the more you use it, the more you'll see the veining. I haven't experienced it myself, so I'm not sure if all or any of them are like that.

berryjuicy

Does anyone have problems with lipstick moving on them when a gloss is applied over the top? The only lipstick I don't have this problem with are mattes. Help?

I wouldn't mind a backup of PP. My lips are very pigmented, so it only faintly shows up, but it's a nice, natural'ish looking color on my lips. No extra work necessary.

Piarpreet

that's a universal "problem". Apply very little of it in the center of lips only. That's my only suggestion. Or use lipcote and then gloss on top.
Does anyone have problems with lipstick moving on them when a gloss is applied over the top? The only lipstick I don't have this problem with are mattes. Help?

I wouldn't mind a backup of PP. My lips are very pigmented, so it only faintly shows up, but it's a nice, natural'ish looking color on my lips. No extra work necessary.

toautumn

I usually blot my lipstick before I apply gloss and it does the trick for me! You can also try using a separate lip brush for the gloss instead of the doe foot/standard applicator so you can control the amount you put on.

princess sarah

I recieved my Pink Cult yesterday and I instantly fell in love. Its perfect for my NW20 skin and so glad that I grabbed it. It has instantly become my go-to blush.

I got my Heroine lipstick today as well. That is a beautiful colour and cant wait to swatch it when i get home. Will post up swatches and thoughts then. I have a preview night for this collection next week in Australia, so I am looking forward to that and seeing the rest of the collection in more detail for myself

OhSoJaded

I waited too long to decide on Heroine and of course it's sold out everywhere. Went to a random MAC f/s store after dinner and saw it on display. When I went up to the counter to ask for one, I watched the SA sell the last one to the person in front of me. SAAAAAAAD!

duckrodeo

I'm having fun experimenting with Reel Sexy to see what kind of combos I can come up with. I bought Naked lip liner, so I'm hoping to give that a go and see what it looks like in the upcoming days.

Today I tried Lasting Sensation liner with a mixture of Reel Sexy and Viva Glam Nicki, which turned an interesting flourescent coral.

Both of the lipsticks are rather streaky, so I thought, "hmm, let's mix em together and see what happens!" It's definitely different. It might not be a "go to" lip combination for me, but it was nice to change it up! I have Immortal Flower on the cheeks with a bit of Melba for contouring. For the eyes, Young Venus on the lid over Treasure Hunt p/p and Rock & Republic Privilege in the crease.

princess sarah

LOVE THAT LOOK!! you are so adorable!

That is a great combination idea, and fluro is always good

I'm having fun experimenting with Reel Sexy to see what kind of combos I can come up with. I bought Naked lip liner, so I'm hoping to give that a go and see what it looks like in the upcoming days.

Today I tried Lasting Sensation liner with a mixture of Reel Sexy and Viva Glam Nicki, which turned an interesting flourescent coral.

Both of the lipsticks are rather streaky, so I thought, "hmm, let's mix em together and see what happens!" It's definitely different. It might not be a "go to" lip combination for me, but it was nice to change it up! I have Immortal Flower on the cheeks with a bit of Melba for contouring. For the eyes, Young Venus on the lid over Treasure Hunt p/p and Rock & Republic Privilege in the crease.

Pinkdollface

I have the same problem and that's why i never combine lipstick and gloss. I also have a problem with lipgloss and mattes, because mattes bleed really fast when there's lipgloss on them. I only use a little bit of gloss in the middle, but i still have problems with it.

pemily

You look so pretty!

Dekadencija

My Heroine just arrived
eyelove.gif

I have a couple of side by side comparison of it with Up the amp, since I dont have anything that would be closer to Heroine... (Hope the pics aren't to big!!)
Here is my hand swatch:

And here it is on my lips (MAC HEROINE)

And MAC UP THE AMP

Latest posts