MAC So Reel / Reel Sexy discussion

OctoberViolet

You are beautiful Dekadencija! I love Heroine & it looks great on you. It actually looks the same way on me I believe. Guess we're the same coloring on the lips. I also love Up the Amp. I need to search my lipstick stash for it to wear again. I wore it last month & now I can't find it. I have waaaay too many lipsticks...and yet I want more.

My Heroine just arrived
eyelove.gif

I have a couple of side by side comparison of it with Up the amp, since I dont have anything that would be closer to Heroine... (Hope the pics aren't to big!!)
Here is my hand swatch:

And here it is on my lips (MAC HEROINE)

And MAC UP THE AMP

Piarpreet

love it on u!

My Heroine just arrived
eyelove.gif

I have a couple of side by side comparison of it with Up the amp, since I dont have anything that would be closer to Heroine... (Hope the pics aren't to big!!)
Here is my hand swatch:

And MAC UP THE AMP

Dekadencija

Thanks girls!
When I put it on I felt I'll be needing some courage to wear it, but when I see the pics, I'm like 'yep, I'm soo wearing this'
sigh.gif

OctoberViolet , I 'stumbled upon' my UTA lippie and totally fell in love again since I haven't wore it for a long time and I feel like I have found a long lost friend :)

toautumn

My Heroine just arrived
eyelove.gif

Here is my hand swatch:

And MAC UP THE AMP
You look so cool! Love it

lyseD

The purples look so lovely on everyone.

I'm not a purple lipstick girl but am going to a barbeque/reunion this summer wearing a grape coloured patio dress.

Since I will have sunnies on almost the entire time I wanted to do a bright lip. Any suggestions that aren't purple??

Sorry for getting off topic and thanks for your suggestions.

nikki1387

i love the combo of coral or pink with purple! Impassioned, Show Orchid, VGNicki, try any of those!

I'm not a purple lipstick girl but am going to a barbeque/reunion this summer wearing a grape coloured patio dress.

Since I will have sunnies on almost the entire time I wanted to do a bright lip. Any suggestions that aren't purple??

aradhana

nice swatch comparison...and pretty pics! both those lipsticks look really good on you!

what blush are you wearing with them?

My Heroine just arrived
eyelove.gif

Here is my hand swatch:

And MAC UP THE AMP

aradhana

how about something berry-ish, like captive?

pemily

I'm the same.... would never be able to pull of these bright purples, although after watching way too much real housewives of new jersey (Teresa loves her plums) I b2m for Plumful.... its not too full on, definately more of a berry than a purple, check it out...

otherwise, I would try a snob maybe? (purple and pink go really well together, on me anyway)

princess sarah

I realllllyyy liked Heroine when I got it, I love Violetta and wear it alot so I was happy that there was a slight difference with the 2 lipsticks. Even though the colours are very similiar, the finishes makes them almost completely different lipsticks... well in my mind to justify we buying it! hahah

I have swatches in the swatch thread and blog

duckrodeo

Wow Dekadencija! Both lipsticks look fab on you!

I realllllyyy liked Heroine when I got it, I love Violetta and wear it alot so I was happy that there was a slight difference with the 2 lipsticks. Even though the colours are very similiar, the finishes makes them almost completely different lipsticks... well in my mind to justify we buying it! hahah

I have swatches in the swatch thread and blog

So pretty!! I love your piercings! I had a lip and a nose stud a few years ago and had to take it em out for work.

princess sarah

IMO you have the perfect colouring to rock that right colour... I love to wear either a bright lip or eye, I really want to create that colour myself

aww thanks, love my piercings too, my work have learnt to deal with them! luckily I have never been asked to take them out

MACerette

Hello everybody, I am new to the forum. I have been reading the forums for months, though. It is about time I become an active member...

MACerette

Thanks Pemily!
winks.gif

Last week I received Heroine lipstick and I must say it is ten times prettier than Violetta IMO. I think it is the matte finish that makes the difference. It gives a much more intense effect. I just luuuuurve bright lipsticks.

Up until the MAC me Over collection I was only interested in the permanent items but since then I have been lemming the limited editions. This forum has sparked my interest quite badly I must say.

For the people who have hauled during the S3/C3 collection and Très Cheek: last weekend I did a look with Modern Mandarin, Call me Bubbles quad and Watch me Simmer Lipstick (NC 15 skin). Drop dead gorgeous...
eyelove.gif
Let the summer begin!