MAC So Reel / Reel Sexy discussion

Pinkdollface

th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif

I did a look with Lovecloud, Call me Bubbles and Watch me Simmer. I though that Modern Mandarin with that look would be too much with my blond hair. I can do orange, but not all over the face. And this forum is bad for me as well haha or maybe only for my wallet
tong.gif

Thanks Pemily!
winks.gif

Last week I received Heroine lipstick and I must say it is ten times prettier than Violetta IMO. I think it is the matte finish that makes the difference. It gives a much more intense effect. I just luuuuurve bright lipsticks.

Up until the MAC me Over collection I was only interested in the permanent items but since then I have been lemming the limited editions. This forum has sparked my interest quite badly I must say.

For the people who have hauled during the S3/C3 collection and Très Cheek: last weekend I did a look with Modern Mandarin, Call me Bubbles quad and Watch me Simmer Lipstick (NC 15 skin). Drop dead gorgeous...
eyelove.gif
Let the summer begin!

martiangurll

The purples look so lovely on everyone.

I'm not a purple lipstick girl but am going to a barbeque/reunion this summer wearing a grape coloured patio dress.

Since I will have sunnies on almost the entire time I wanted to do a bright lip. Any suggestions that aren't purple??

Sorry for getting off topic and thanks for your suggestions.
I like to pair purple with its opposite, yellow. Since that would be weird on the lips, I would do a subdued purple toned pink like Red Dwarf l/s or a purple gloss like Naricissus if you have it. Butterfly party plush glass from Vera would be nice too.

Thanks to Dekadencija for the lovely purple swatches!

ROlean

I can not get enough Pink Cult. I think I've finally found that HG blush. Must hunt down BUs. Also so happy with Heroine. I was worried about it being a matte, but its actually really smooth. The only other matte I have to compare it with though is Smoked Purple, and either I got a massive dud, or that shade just had an awful texture. Anyhow, I love how Heroine looks both full on violet, and blotted down to a perfect red. It's quite a chameleon.

ROlean

Thanks to Dekadencija for the lovely purple swatches!

I was just mentioning in another thread how much I like purple paired with orange. You helped me to realize that they form the triad of secondary colors with green, so maybe that's why it helps pull the green in eyes out. Hmm I need to study me some color theory.

MACerette

th_hello2.gif
Pinkdollface! Lovecloud sounds pretty good as a combo too. I am wearing it today with flamingo l/s. Perhaps MM might be too much indeed for blondes. I am an NC 15 brunette with greyish blue eyes so I can use a good dose of colour
winks.gif

Pinkdollface

Lovecloud and Flamingo sounds nice as well. I can imagine that you're able to handle more orange being a brunette. I also have NC15 skin and greyish blue eyes:)

th_hello2.gif
Pinkdollface! Lovecloud sounds pretty good as a combo too. I am wearing it today with flamingo l/s. Perhaps MM might be too much indeed for blondes. I am an NC 15 brunette with greyish blue eyes so I can use a good dose of colour
winks.gif

Sequinzombie

I wore Reel Sexy to my job interview as a beauty adviser at macys and now I feel like I shouldnt have haha I thought it looked fab though..

martiangurll

th_hello2.gif
winks.gif

You are about my coloring--have you tried MM yet? I bet it looks great on you. :)

MACerette

Hopefully they will appreciate the fact that you are confident enough to have your own style. I applaude you. No fear for bright lipsticks (or bright make up for that matter) here.
girlhaha.gif

I wore Reel Sexy to my job interview as a beauty adviser at macys and now I feel like I shouldnt have haha I thought it looked fab though..

MACerette

Yes, I tried it last Sunday. I used the Call me Bubbles quad on my eyes, MM as a blush and Watch me Simmer l/s. I must say that MM really puts it all together. Frankly, I was amazed how good orange blushed looks on me.
yahoo.gif

You are about my coloring--have you tried MM yet? I bet it looks great on you. :)

MACerette

@martianngurll: I tried it last weekend: MM blush, Call me Bubbles Quad and Watch me Simmer l/s. It all came together. Wow... pure love. I never knew orange blush could look that good on me
yahoo.gif
Have you tried it yet?

martiangurll

@martianngurll: I tried it last weekend: MM blush, Call me Bubbles Quad and Watch me Simmer l/s. It all came together. Wow... pure love. I never knew orange blush could look that good on me
yahoo.gif
Have you tried it yet?

I think MM is my favorite in this collection. I have been sheering it out with either Flower Fantasy from Vera or Redhead MSF from Naturally but in the summer if I get any tan at all, I could wear it in full effect. Really, it is the most wearable orange blush I ever have seen. I bet it looks even better on skin tones with more olive or yellow hue.

xasperadastra

From this collection I'm only interested in Reel Sexy but I'm thinking about heroine too... I just don't think I would use it that much!

Pinkdollface

I got Star Quality yesterday and just tried it for the first time. I love this colour and i'm also still loving the cremesheen formula!