MAC - Style Black Discussion

perfectdefect

I just did a fake run on mac Canada and i'm $206 worth of damage on this collection LOL
Oh well
smiles.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMMY
Honestly, I only check her site for swatches or news when I can't find it here. I don't give her reviews much credence anymore, as I usually disagree with her assessment of products. I trust Spectra or makeup alley more, than anyone blogger's opinion.

So, are you in jammies & have a poured glass...oops, its only 1:30et in the afternoon what am I thinking
smiles.gif

Was thinking about you this morning!

TISH1124

^^ I think it is a Nice to have....I don't personally think it is a Must have if you have other Black bases...if you don't then yes

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana1234
i'm torn about the greasepaint stick, what's the verdict?

I don't know of a whole lot of people that have them yet, but I really love the one I got & used. I did a review with tips like 2 pages back
winks.gif

Ailey

I'm just getting Young Punk and Greasepaint Stick but I'm well excited about those, can't wait for them to arrive.
th_DANCE.gif

TeresitaMC

I'm no longer getting any MES', even though I at least love the 2 in the video and want that look so bad! (Cinderfella & Blue Flame). They are pretty pricey on top of being a so-so product from what I gather, and I wanted 3 or 4 - yikes!

I am all set to order but can't decide on the greasepaint stick
tong.gif
I'm asking myself, should I buy? Do I need it?

TISH1124

I really like all the face charts.....My favorites were Bling Black, Style Black, Black Night and Knight Violet ...and not a dangst one used any of the MES but Black Knight
th_LMAO.gif

shontay07108

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1124
Come on....you know our MAC obsession is about WANT not NEED

Exactly.
th_LMAO.gif
My obsession with everything has NOTHING to do with need. I don't need a thing, but I want all the lamb bags, shoes and makeup the world can throw at me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMMY
Honestly, I only check her site for swatches or news when I can't find it here. I don't give her reviews much credence anymore, as I usually disagree with her assessment of products. I trust Spectra or makeup alley more, than anyone blogger's opinion.

I read her reviews as well as the reviews from makeupandbeautyblog (love), but no one is going to change my mind if I am already determined to check something out. I take in the review for what it is, keep it in mind and then come to my own conclusion after I have tried the products myself. One voice cannot speak for millions. You might love what I hate or hate what I love, so I would never skip something just because of someone's opinion. But yeah, she didn't seem that crazy about the idea of the collection anyway. She never loved night violet? How the hell is that possible? Holy crap. I realize I disagree with her a bit. For example, love that look collection she said skip fashion groupie. I bought it anyway and it is one of my top 5 shadows. I covet that damn shade. You can't use a bloggers opinion as your bible. Try it for yourself. Just want to say I am not slamming that site b/c she does what she does well and is entitled to her opinion, but I'll be damned if I let her or anyone else spoil my excitement or curiousity about ANY product.

Ok, I'm off the soapbox now.
th_happy1.gif

Winthrop44

Quote:
I really like all the face charts.....My favorites were Bling Black, Style Black, Black Night and Knight Violet ...and not a dangst one used any of the MES but Black Knight
th_LMAO.gif

I really liked alot of those simple lighter eyes...and got a kick out of the last one where the eyes are smoked out right off the face! lol

TeresitaMC

Quote:
Come on....you know our MAC obsession is about WANT not NEED

Yup, it is! Which is the cause of me having little money left
th_LMAO.gif
ok that's not so funny for me
nope.gif

I'm leaning towards getting it
tong.gif
I hope I have enough left for DSquared! lol

elegant-one

Quote:
Mama Spy....that facechart says use NightMoth Lip Pencil did you tell me that....Ugghhhhh
sigh.gif

I think that would be really pretty on you...but, is it a color you would use a lot. Maybe that doesn't matter
smiles.gif

elegant-one

Tish - I just got my Nude CCB - I Love it! You're right, it's perfect on the lips. For me, it works really well on my eye lids & the corners of my eyes.

Its better than lip erase imo & prettier

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
I think that would be really pretty on you...but, is it a color you would use a lot. Maybe that doesn't matter
smiles.gif

Like we use any of our stuff alot LOL.....I probably would though for fall

Quote:
Tish - I just got my Nude CCB - I Love it! You're right, it's perfect on the lips. For me, it works really well on my eye lids & the corners of my eyes.

I know I love it!!! it is the perfect color...I picture Nude Rose l/s looking very close IRL

Winthrop44

Quote:

Mine came like 15 minutes ago too! Isn't that bizarre? And ditto, ditto, ditto re eyes and lips.

Winthrop44

Quote:
Mama Spy....that facechart says use NightMoth Lip Pencil did you tell me that....Ugghhhhh
sigh.gif

I like Nightmoth alot...even just sheered out all by itself it's really pretty.