MAC - Style Black Discussion

Miss QQ

^^^ That doesn't sound very pleasant to me too. My eyes and nose are sensitive and allergic and I don't want glitters on my pillow.

I'm happy to see the collection up at the website. After reading the posts and reviews, I am getting the idea that the grease p/s is used more as a liner and it smudges slightly, is that correct? If I want a black base for the MES or the chanel qaud, is it better to get the ccb? The website says that both Bat Black and Black can be worn on the eyes. Do the ccbs smudge?

Almost black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bif
I wouldn't go with what she said/showed. It doesn't seem like she was a fan of the collection to begin with, so I get the feeling that she didn't try very hard to make things look good, especially with lip product application.

I think that seeing everything in person is the key.

And useing MES wet isn't a big hassel, especially seeing as they are designed to be used wet. Just wet your brush and go!

Unfortunately I don't have MAC here so I have to make my decision based ony swatches I see, but still, I'll wait for swatches here on specktra.
smiles.gif

I forgot to mention purple MES, looks really great applied wet!
love.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
Yeah I saw that too but I also saw the collection in person and have worn it and I still love it. The lipglosses are meant to be layered and that's why they're sheer. I thought the mattenes were beautiful, but I do love dark lips. It really all depends on your preferences. Also, you should use the MES wet anyways, or you'll get a tone of fall out. This is not particular to the MES in this collection. I actually hated and returned every MES I've ever bought but I love the Style Black ones
drools.gif

I do use MES wet but somehow I think that the previous ones had better color payoff than these. Maybe it's just me
th_dunno.gif

Anyway, thanks girls!
winkiss.gif

Tat2dbeauty07

I love my mes I've only used one though out of the 3 I have Ive used fresh green mix I think its so pretty and brings out my green eyes.

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
^^^ That doesn't sound very pleasant to me too. My eyes and nose are sensitive and allergic and I don't want glitters on my pillow.

I'm happy to see the collection up at the website. After reading the posts and reviews, I am getting the idea that the grease p/s is used more as a liner and it smudges slightly, is that correct? If I want a black base for the MES or the chanel qaud, is it better to get the ccb? The website says that both Bat Black and Black can be worn on the eyes. Do the ccbs smudge?

I like the CCB's but they do crease a bit on me...For the swatch I did on my hand of the GPS it does not budge after it dries

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1124
yeah they are gorgeous when foiled....But the fallout is not so min...At least mine wasn't and my MA applied it on me last night....maybe I have just not mastered the MES technique...or maybe I don't care too...What I know is I have about 15 untouched ones in my drawer becaise of fallout and I am not adding anymore to them period.com

But they are Pretttyyyyyyy .......

I honestly had almost no fall out. I used one drop of homemade mixing medium on my brush and digged into my MES. I've worn Young Punk on top of Blacktrack and Artifact and no fall out for either
th_dunno.gif
. I also pat and don't sweep, it works great for me

TISH1124

I don't think she used Mixing Medium.....Yours looked beautiful...see this is my problem...I LOVE makeup but I am application lazy.....if it requires extra steps I'm over it...I think I am MU-ADD

I should have just listened to Face2Mac and ordered the Antique Gold ...which I did...*whispers*
I have better luck with the reflects for some reason...Now the Glitter Pigment that is a whole nudder prob for me

elegant-one

Quote:
I was so diggin it on the vid even before the BlackFire was applied....but what was the dark liner ....was it Nightmoth

I have no idea, thats why I wish she would've said what she was using. Its probably listed in the face charts.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
I am getting the idea that the grease p/s is used more as a liner and it smudges slightly, is that correct? If I want a black base for the MES or the chanel qaud, is it better to get the ccb? The website says that both Bat Black and Black can be worn on the eyes. Do the ccbs smudge?

You can use the GP stick as a regular liner or make it a smudgey fat line, or an ES base.

If you can see the girls's liner in video in the beginning, I can get the GPstick to look exactly like that. A beautiful thin line - so it doesn't have to be smudgey thick

TISH1124

Or Vino......hell I keep adding Elegant i need to step away from the Video ...But that chick looks so Hot...you have to do that lip woman!!!

elegant-one

Quote:
Or Vino......hell I keep adding Elegant i need to step away from the Video ...But that chick looks so Hot...you have to do that lip woman!!!

lol.gif
its tempting the heck out of me...just push me over the edge. I don't have Vino or Nightmoth
th_dunno.gif

Oh, don't you just love how she used that edge brush to do the outer edges of the lips - love!

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
How easy is it to remove the greasepaint stick? Do you need to do alot of tugging and rubbing on your lids?

Yep, mine came right off using the gentle off mu remover

Mygreatlove

I have the VAE and Mask, Night Violet Mattene Lipstick, and Blue Flame in the online basket. I wanna get a greasepaint stick but I am sooo much more interestered in the colors that come out soon with DSquared2. I'm glad this collection isn't taking all my money. Haha

SMMY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bif
I wouldn't go with what she said/showed. It doesn't seem like she was a fan of the collection to begin with, so I get the feeling that she didn't try very hard to make things look good, especially with lip product application.

I think that seeing everything in person is the key.

And useing MES wet isn't a big hassel, especially seeing as they are designed to be used wet. Just wet your brush and go!

Honestly, I only check her site for swatches or news when I can't find it here. I don't give her reviews much credence anymore, as I usually disagree with her assessment of products. I trust Spectra or makeup alley more, than anyone blogger's opinion.