MAC - Style Black Discussion

Prototype83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bif
Does anyone know which pencils she is using in the Style Black video on the MAC US site?

How HOT do those lips look?!
drools.gif

Yes they are GORGEOUS!
drools.gif
I would have never thought to layer a dark berry plum with the black l/s to get it to look like that. I think Night Violet just went back on my list

Prototype83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
^^ Are you sure it's not just a 'coming soon' type situation?

That Style Black video on the MAC site...the "imperfect" eyes would drive me NUTS!!!
blink.gif

And do I see a tiny spot of black on one of the model's teeth at the very end?!

Can we B2M for mattenes at counters? I'm going to look in person because as of now I can't decide what, if anything, to get.

And finally...calling elegant-one: I was told in Live Chat that the pink lips in the promo pic for SB are Angel lipstick. Angel sure doesn't look like that on me. Do you think that's it? If not what pink would you guess it might be?

Yes, I saw it too
th_LMAO.gif

Bif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prototype83
Yes, I saw it too
th_LMAO.gif

As did I, but with all that gloss it is bound to happen!

elegant-one

Quote:
^^ Are you sure it's not just a 'coming soon' type situation?

That Style Black video on the MAC site...the "imperfect" eyes would drive me NUTS!!!
blink.gif

And do I see a tiny spot of black on one of the model's teeth at the very end?!

lol.gif
^^^

Can we B2M for mattenes at counters? I'm going to look in person because as of now I can't decide what, if anything, to get.

And finally...calling elegant-one: I was told in Live Chat that the pink lips in the promo pic for SB are Angel lipstick. Angel sure doesn't look like that on me. Do you think that's it? If not what pink would you guess it might be?

I'm pretty sure you can b2m for mattenes - I was able to awhile back.

And No way is that Angel ls in the promo pic.

It is Definitely a sheered out Night Violet! The MA read it right out of the MAC book in front of me. And, on me...it looks the identical color that it does on the model in the pic.
winks.gif

Its a very sheered out Night Violet with Blackfire dabbed over just the center portions of the lip is what the MA told me

I would be very surprised if it is anything else - wouldn't even make sense to use a color not in this collection
th_dunno.gif

Erine or Bunny???

Prototype83

I can't wait until Thursday!! I've already had Young Punk and Blue Flame set aside for me. The MUAs also offered to do my makeup that day, It will be my first MAC makeover. They would have done it without a purchase at all, they're so sweet to me :0)

Now I need to decide between GBA or Cinderfella. I think that I have a very close dupe to GBA but it's so pretty! I don't have anything like Cinderfella, but then again
th_dunno.gif

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
I'm pretty sure you can b2m for mattenes - I was able to awhile back.

And No way is that Angel ls in the promo pic.

It is Definitely a sheered out Night Violet! The MA read it right out of the MAC book in front of me. And, on me...it looks the identical color that it does on the model in the pic.
winks.gif

Its a very sheered out Night Violet with Blackfire dabbed over just the center portions of the lip is what the MA told me

Wow, I would never have guessed that! Thank you!
winkiss.gif
I hope it'll look like that on me too - love it!

elegant-one

Quote:
Wow, I would never have guessed that! Thank you!
winkiss.gif
I hope it'll look like that on me too - love it!

You'll love it! (I think) It is so so pretty sheered out. I just pat it on with my finger. You really don't need the Blackfire, but it does make it look more like the promo

Almost black.

I've seen swatches that Temptalia did and must say that this collection is such a dissapointment for me.
ssad.gif

Lipsticks look terrible, l/g also, MES are wearable only wet/with some base because dry they look so crappy...

The only think I actually like from this collection are Creme Colour base and Greasepaint Stick.

th_dunno.gif

Bif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almost black.
I've seen swatches that Temptalia did and must say that this collection is such a dissapointment for me.
ssad.gif

Lipsticks look terrible, l/g also, MES are wearable only wet/with some base because dry they look so crappy...

The only think I actually like from this collection are Creme Colour base and Greasepaint Stick.

th_dunno.gif

I wouldn't go with what she said/showed. It doesn't seem like she was a fan of the collection to begin with, so I get the feeling that she didn't try very hard to make things look good, especially with lip product application.

I think that seeing everything in person is the key.

And useing MES wet isn't a big hassel, especially seeing as they are designed to be used wet. Just wet your brush and go!

elegant-one

^I thought so too Tish! I wish the artist would've said exactly what she was using by name.

So I can totally mess up my eyeshadow & look great
lol.gif
geesh, all that time perfecting...what a waste

Bif

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1124
That chick in the vid looks super hot with those lips against her porcelain skin....so pretty!

I couldn't agree more!
pompom.gif
Can't wait to try and get the same look.

blinkymei

did anyone like the facecharts?

the one thats labelled as rapidblack looks like they using sharpies to do it... but I like the other ones lol

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almost black.
ssad.gif

th_dunno.gif

Yeah I saw that too but I also saw the collection in person and have worn it and I still love it. The lipglosses are meant to be layered and that's why they're sheer. I thought the mattenes were beautiful, but I do love dark lips. It really all depends on your preferences. Also, you should use the MES wet anyways, or you'll get a tone of fall out. This is not particular to the MES in this collection. I actually hated and returned every MES I've ever bought but I love the Style Black ones
drools.gif

TISH1124

My MA is so sick of me...I woke up this morning and I am over the MES lol....I am so shocked.....I am skipping them.....I had cleaned my face and there were glitter particles on my pillow case and on my cheeks still...Not my thing

capmorlovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1124
My MA is so sick of me...I woke up this morning and I am over the MES lol....I am so shocked.....I am skipping them.....I had cleaned my face and there were glitter particles on my pillow case and on my cheeks still...Not my thing

amazed.gif
!
They sure are a hype product though, yes.
hmm.gif

elegant-one

ok, there is NO doubt about the lip color in the Promo Pic - it IS Night Violet with Blackfire & Subculture lip pencil. Its right there in the face chart.

Why do they always say its something else weird?

TISH1124

yeah they are gorgeous when foiled....But the fallout is not so min...At least mine wasn't and my MA applied it on me last night....maybe I have just not mastered the MES technique...or maybe I don't care too...What I know is I have about 15 untouched ones in my drawer becaise of fallout and I am not adding anymore to them period.com

But they are Pretttyyyyyyy .......

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
ok, there is NO doubt about the lip color in the Promo Pic - it IS Night Violet with Blackfire & Subculture lip pencil. Its right there in the face chart.

Why do they always say its something else weird?

I was so diggin it on the vid even before the BlackFire was applied....but what was the dark liner ....was it Nightmoth