MAC - Style Black Discussion

Fiberluver

Quote:
Originally Posted by sss215
I loved the color, but it creased so bad on me. I was thinking about getting it for my cheeks and maybe contouring since I have seen it at the CCO lately.

As a matter of fact, isn't that sheer crease-y look on the eyes in for F/W trend this year? I may have to re-think this for real! Maybe it would work with a primer, then and an e/s like sketch over the primer. then bat black. Its a gorg. color.

Oh, that's interesting! I haven't tried it w/Sketch - which I love - but I have done the redundant thing and used BB, Beautymarked and then Young Punk on top!

With all of that powder, BB didn't crease at all!

sss215 where have you seen the F/W fall trend info.? Did I miss this??

Thanks.

sss215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberluver
Oh, that's interesting! I haven't tried it w/Sketch - which I love - but I have done the redundant thing and used BB, Beautymarked and then Young Punk on top!

With all of that powder, BB didn't crease at all!

sss215 where have you seen the F/W fall trend info.? Did I miss this??

Thanks.

You sold me on BB. I am going to powder down before I add it. Thanks!

I got the info from following MAC artist Fred_V's tweets. He talked about sheered out smokey eyes.

liba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberluver
I passed on the Black CCB because of the gps.

Liba,

how do you use the black ccb?

Thanks.

Nothing fancy....just neutral eyeshadow base and just apply liberally to eyelids, blending up and out, then under the eyes for that punk raccoon look, with a black liner on upper/lower waterline. It can crease like hell, so blending a layer in really well and then putting more on top to bring the gloss back is a way to deal with it. It's not lip safe.

Now that the Superslick Liners are out, I can picture a great look where I do all the above and add nice sharp wing in the black or the silver.

You could do a look like Pris from Blade Runner too, I bet:
pris_blade-runner_pictureboxart_160w.jpg

Oh, you could use it for some dramatic eyebrows with an angled brush too, I bet!

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
Guess what guys!! I have finally got Black GPS in my possession!!!! Now I need is all 4 of the MES and I'm all set!

Congrats! That is my fave GPS- love it
love.gif

SmokeSignal16

You can use just about any eyeshadow! I love the fact that regular shades layer so well over the GPS. I
heart.gif
GPS! Just the other day I wore my Green GPS and put some Club over it with a touch of Sketch, and a light pale gold color to highlight and it looked pretty bitchin'!

sapnap

Quote:
^Awesome! Makes me want to experiment with it.

Which eyeshadows do you all recommend to use with Black GPS?

I use it under Photorealism quad.. makes tht baby pop!!.. somoe also used it under Burmese beauty and it made the shadows look so much nicer!

Twinkelstar

Style black was my favourite mac collection, I love all the products I bought from it.. Although I didn't purchase the ccb's, I'm glad I didn't, cause I have very oily lids that would probably crease like crazy...

Fiberluver

Well we all know SB was my absolute favorite collection from MAC! The fact that it came on the heels of CC last year was awesome!!!

Anyway, I finally picked up Gilt by Association mes from a cco earlier this week and I luvs it! I tried it with the black gps.

My sister picked it up during the SB release but I opted for Young Punk instead! Man o man - what a purple!!!! I wear it with either the black gps stick or the bat black ccb.

The gps and ccb were two of the best purchases I ever made.

I've been wearing the heck out of the gps here of late.

From the collection I purchased or B2M'd:

Black Knight
Night Violet
Young Punk
Black GPS
Bat Black CCB
Gilt by Association (CCO)

Somehow I seem to connect the Feline kohl e/l with SB as well. Love that liner!!

And yes, I've worn black lips to work and got a few raised eyebrows but so what??

Woot SB!!

Hypathya

Quote:
Guess what guys!! I have finally got Black GPS in my possession!!!! Now I need is all 4 of the MES and I'm all set!

yahoo.gif
I'm so glad for you hun!! I hope you can get the MES somehow.
winkiss.gif

SB has been one of my favorites ever!!

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypathya
SB has been one of my favorites ever!!

iagree.gif
I initially skipped it, but have since gotten everything I could get my hands on!
cutey.gif
Love ALL OF IT.
love.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
iagree.gif
I initially skipped it, but have since gotten everything I could get my hands on!
cutey.gif
Love ALL OF IT.
love.gif

I didn't skip, but I only got a few things and kicked myself afterward. Fortunately, fate has smiled upon me and I've been able to find all the bits that I wanted subsequently. At this point, I have:

Gilt By Association
Young Punk
Greasepaint Stick
Black Knight
Midnight Media
Night Violet
Baby Goth Girl
Blackware
Bling Black
Blackfire

th_DANCE.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred
I didn't skip, but I only got a few things and kicked myself afterward. Fortunately, fate has smiled upon me and I've been able to find all the bits that I wanted subsequently. At this point, I have:

Gilt By Association
Young Punk
Greasepaint Stick
Black Knight
Midnight Media
Night Violet
Baby Goth Girl
Blackware
Bling Black
Blackfire

th_DANCE.gif

I'm jealous
tong.gif
I haven't been able to find as much as I want. This is what I have:

Nocturnelle
Seriously Hip
Baby Goth Girl
Young Punk
Blackware
Bling Black
Blackfire
Black GPS
Black CCB
Bat Black CCB

Blue Flame was the only other MES I wanted, and since there is a dupe in VV, I think I'm done with the MES. Still REALLY lemming both mattenes and Black Knight though.
ssad.gif

Hypathya

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
iagree.gif
cutey.gif
Love ALL OF IT.
love.gif

I coudn't skip ... I was so obsessed with it I couldn't sleep in fear it'd sell out, I dreamed with it a thousand times, ... truly, truly obsessed. I've never been that obsessed for any other MAC collection. That and Les Noirs from Chanel truly sucked my brains!!!

I got:

CInderfella MES,
Gilt by Association MES,
Young Punk MES,
Blue Flame MES,
Black Night l/s,
Midnight Media mattene,
Night Violet mattene,
Black GPS,
Bling Black glimmerglass and
Blackware glimmerglass.

I couldn't get my hands on Blackfire glimmerglass... it was already sold out when I get there 30 minutes after opening!!
th_dunno.gif
It's one of my big MAC regrets
ssad.gif

LMD84

Quote:

congrats! it's an awesome item to have!
smiles.gif

you guys have loads from this collection! i only got a couple of bits-

blue flame mes
young punk mes
black gps
night violet mattene (already owned)
blackfire gloss

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoegal-fr
Holy crap. This thread is still going on!

See, MAC, you should make more collections like this one.

iagree.gif
But space them- PLEASE.
cutey.gif
mac_addict.gif