MAC - Style Black Discussion

LMD84

guilt by assosiation is a mes that i quite fancy owning at some point because it does look super pretty. maybe one day!

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoegal-fr
I'm so so so jealous you guys have CCOs.

iagree.gif
The one closet to me is in Cali, I believe
thmbdn.gif

Fiberluver

The CCO where I found Gilt by Association is about an hour and a half drive from my house.

I didn't mind the drive, though. I took my cousin with me and she dropped a pretty penny!

There are about 5 or 6 CCO's within some distance from me. I wish there was one in the city, though. Or even a MAC store or MAC Pro. How nice would that be??

The other SB goodies that were still at that particular CCO were:

Gilt By Association mes
Blue Flame mes
Black Knight l/s
Oops - I forgot to add Night Violet Matene

I didn't see anything else.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberluver
The CCO where I found Gilt by Association is about an hour and a half drive from my house.

I didn't mind the drive, though. I took my cousin with me and she dropped a pretty penny!

There are about 5 or 6 CCO's within some distance from me. I wish there was one in the city, though. Or even a MAC store or MAC Pro. How nice would that be??

The other SB goodies that were still at that particular CCO were:

Gilt By Association mes
Blue Flame mes
Black Knight l/s

I didn't see anything else.

I'm jealous! I want Black Knight so bad.
angry.gif
AZ- get a CCO!!!!
girl_devil.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
iagree.gif
The one closet to me is in Cali, I believe
thmbdn.gif

If it makes you feel any better, there are no CCOs anywhere in Canada...
th_dunno.gif

PinkBasset

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred
If it makes you feel any better, there are no CCOs anywhere in Canada...
th_dunno.gif

No CCO's in Finland either. I would love to go to one, it must be awesome!
sigh.gif
Finding GBA MES would make my day, I have the other three so just one missing!

romi79_2008

the item I wanted most from this was Young punk mes, and it let medown,I just sold it after several tries.My overall haul was Young punk, Cinderfella and Guilt by association mes,both es so great and unique,plus VAE and VATM also great

Fiberluver

Well this cco, in Hagerstown MD, had a bunch of GBA and BF mes last week. Plus they had a bunch of BK and NV l/s as well.

WOW, I'm amazed that there are no cco's in AZ! You would think tht there would be one in Phoenix or Tempe!!

Weird about the lack of cco's in Canada too, especially since MAC is a Canadian brand!

Fiberluver

So sorry to hear Young Punk didn't work for you. That is one of my favorite mes ever! I don't have a lot of them but YP, Sea & Sky and Play On Plums are my favs!

I love doing YP with a neutral lip like Siss or going all out and using it with BK and neutral cheeks like Harmony.

When I wear BK I start w/lip conditioner, then a little bit of foundation blended all over lips. I use a neutral l/l lightly all over (cork), then Vino or Currant l/l to line and define, Nightmoth for more definition and color, then BK w/lip brush and a pop of clear gloss in the middle.

Of course this lip freaks people out but I love it!

Is BK a pro shade?

DILLIGAF

When I initially hauled from this collection I got Blue Flame, Young Punk and Gilt by Association. After seeing a fellow makeup junkie rock Cinderfella I knew it had to part of my life. At this point how ever it was sold out EVERYWHERE!!! This was maybe the 2nd or 3rd week into the collection. I started stalking the sale treads here and nothing. When I was going to give up I get a call from the makeup junkie saying.... she found 1 at a mall and she bought it for me and would bring it to me during the week!!! Gotta love friends that love make up!!!! To round out my haul for this collection I got the GPS and Night Violet mattene (from a CCOs). This was one of those collections that I swore I wasnt going to get anything from and I ended up hauling almost all of it.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
WOW, I'm amazed that there are no cco's in AZ! You would think tht there would be one in Phoenix or Tempe!!

I know- Phoenix has pretty much everything, but no CCO.
ssad.gif
weeping.gif

Quote:
When I wear BK I start w/lip conditioner, then a little bit of foundation blended all over lips. I use a neutral l/l lightly all over (cork), then Vino or Currant l/l to line and define, Nightmoth for more definition and color, then BK w/lip brush and a pop of clear gloss in the middle.

th_drool.gif
This sounds incredible!!! I'm really mad I didn't pick this one up.

And the mattenes. Those and Greengrease are my MAC regrets.
angry.gif

GlamQueen21

One of the Specktra members offered 4 MES from this collection to sell to me but right now I'll probably buy it from her after my VV haul.

Fiberluver

I'm pretty much enjoying the mes I got, especially YP.

The gps, though, (to me) was the overall winner in this collection (next to the BK l/s).

I'll put the gps on in the morning as a liner and it is still there by dinner time.

I didn't pick up any of the other gps that MAC released throughout the rest of the year though. I like the one I have and I have a bunch of the colored paint pots - which I adore!!!

The gps is very versatile and I have gotten a lot of use out of it as a black shadow over p/pot, as a shadow base under purple, black, blue and green e/s and as a liner. Plus it doesn't crease like ccb's - I know different formula, product.

Fiberluver

Speaking of MAC regrets, Rizzo l/s is mine. Oh, plus not getting into MSF's right from the get go. I wasn't into LE collections (disliked the concept) and primarily purchased permanent products unless something caught my eye, like Rizzo and Wild 'Bout You l/s.

I really, really, really, really wish I would have backed up Rizzo -at least 4 or 5 of them.

I swear I haven't found the perfect pink since then. Myth w/Sandy B is close but no cigar.

Strangely SB collection took my breath away when I first saw the promo pictures. CC did the same thing but no other collection since then - not even DTW and I love that collection (it snuck up on me!)

I knew I was going to make off with the lippies but the mes and the gps screamed my name when I touched the testers!

And the Bat Black ccb - whew baby! Come to momma!