MAC - Style Black Discussion

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberluver
And the Bat Black ccb - whew baby! Come to momma!

iagree.gif
I was able to find it in the clearance bin in June, and I love it!!!!
th_drool.gif
yahoo.gif

And I also agree that Style Black was breathtaking. I just wish I hadn't have been afraid of unusual lip colors back then.
sigh.gif

Anneri

I was afraid (I was a MAC noob back then when this came out) of all the dark colours - now I wish I had GBA! It's so pretty on pics and swatches!

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer246
No CCOs here either. I would love to have the l/g from this collection!

Winnie my CCO has all of the glimmerglasses from this collection (or at least they did a week ago). If you want me to do a CP for you let me know as I am going this week.
smiles.gif

martiangurll

This collection has been showing up at my CCO. I bought a Bat Black cream thingie and passed on the lipglosses. They did not have any of the MES, too bad for me.

I considered getting the grease sticks but I heard they were rough to use--a lot of tugging on the eyelid--I can't have that--already getting the tiny wrinkles there and don't wanna make it worse!

Fiberluver

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
I did a look using the Black Greasepaint Stick and it was gorgeous! Gorgeous I tell you!!

GlamQueen,

What shades did you use in the look? I'm curious - or according to my sister, nosey!

Fiberluver

I'm trying to decide about the l/g from this collection. I passed on them last year - but have been thinking really hard about them.

For those who have the glosses do you feel they are necessary?

GlamQueen21

Quote:
GlamQueen,

What shades did you use in the look? I'm curious - or according to my sister, nosey!

I used both Smudged Violet and Contrast eyeshadows on the lid, Black Tulip e/s in crease, Carbon on the outer V and Hoppin as highlight along with MUFE Diamond Powder in Mauve. It was super pretty!

laylalovesmac

Quote:
I'm trying to decide about the l/g from this collection. I passed on them last year - but have been thinking really hard about them.

For those who have the glosses do you feel they are necessary?

Honestly, they're pretty sheer. If you're going for dramatic, I say pass. But, they do look nice layered over other dark colors.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
I used both Smudged Violet and Contrast eyeshadows on the lid, Bruised Plum e/s in crease, Carbon on the outer V and Hoppin as highlight along with MUFE Diamond Powder in Mauve. It was super pretty!

th_drool.gif

Fiberluver

GlamQueen, Layla and Erin,

Thanks for your input. I decided to pass on the glosses and focus on the l/g I already own!

LMD84

Quote:
I used both Smudged Violet and Contrast eyeshadows on the lid, Black Tulip e/s in crease, Carbon on the outer V and Hoppin as highlight along with MUFE Diamond Powder in Mauve. It was super pretty!

sounds awesome!!
smiles.gif

and i don't use my gloss that often. it doesn't really do much to be honest!

Fiberluver

I have another question:

Since the glosses weren't all that, do you really need a gloss over BK l/s?

I find that I don't particularly like gloss over my creme sheen l/s.

I really want the look posted above to really stand out and the clear gloss does add a little bit of dimension.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
I have another question:

Since the glosses weren't all that, do you really need a gloss over BK l/s?

I find that I don't particularly like gloss over my creme sheen l/s.

I really want the look posted above to really stand out and the clear gloss does add a little bit of dimension.

I don't think you need a gloss, really. Clear to add dimension like you said would be nice, but cremesheens are a great formula on their own- I rarely use them over my cremesheens.

martiangurll

Okay, this is related to Style Black albeit its a tangent. For anyone craving some black lipgloss, I just checked out Urban Decay's holiday spread and it looks like they have black lipgloss with sparkley stuff in it. Could it be a dupe for one of these lipglasses???

sapnap

More style black GPS loving!! Its awesome awesome... i use it as an eyeliner, smudge it under the eye, use it as a base or as a shadow.. btw I compared Bloodline pigment to this sheered out and they "kinda" look similar on my skintone... i sold Young Punk cos it had too much pink glitter for my liking and Cinderfella cos i wasnt using it.. i still have my GBA cos its the least glittery of the three and looks more "neutral".. hoping that the MDM MES from VV makes up for it!