MAC Styledriven Discussion

Adee

I'll be getting one of each type of product (ls, lg, es, lp) to see how I like the formulas and then make my list after that. I'm pretty sure I'll be getting several glosses and most of the eyeshadows eventually, though! Lol

princess sarah

I have made my list and will depend on swatches for final decision... But sure I will end up with a fair few things from this collection. Current list already have 3 eyeshadows, 2 - 3 lipglass and same in liners, typed it all out on iPad so might review and post later if others start posting up lists

xasperadastra

for me it's early to do a list buuuut I want hot paprika for sure! I could like the light pink and some beje/natural eyeshadow... and styledriven (light blue one)... maybe I'll take something for Christmas!
whistle.gif

LMD84

I'll be getting one of each type of product (ls, lg, es, lp) to see how I like the formulas and then make my list after that. I'm pretty sure I'll be getting several glosses and most of the eyeshadows eventually, though! Lol
this is what i am thinking of doing to start with so that i can really try out the goodies! :)

romi79_2008

Katjamo could you please swatch Sweet satisfaction vs grain or other similar permanent shadows? Your swatch looks like grain on my skin, maybe I don`t "need" it. I`m addicted to neutrals right now!

wishonastar

Katjamo, that gloss looks perfect on you :) I'm looking forward to trying these glosses, high pigmentation and long lasting is good.

mac_aiken

Love the look of Hot Paprika. I also like Legendary Black. The description is puzzling. What exactly is warm almost black?

liba

Love the look of Hot Paprika. I also like Legendary Black. The description is puzzling. What exactly is warm almost black?

Remember Furiously Fabulous, the black VP from the Leopard Luxe quad? That's a perfect warm, almost black - it looks like sheer silk stockings on your eyelids. I bet Legendary Black will be similar. 'Nice to know it'll be around for the future when I've hit pan on FF.

mac_aiken

Thank you! If it is anything even remotely like your description then it will come home with me.

Remember Furiously Fabulous, the black VP from the Leopard Luxe quad? That's a perfect warm, almost black - it looks like sheer silk stockings on your eyelids. I bet Legendary Black will be similar. 'Nice to know it'll be around for the future when I've hit pan on FF.

Mac-Guy

This collection seems to be really promising, both in the color story as well as the quality of the product. It's time to give the (new) perm range some love.

liba

This collection seems to be really promising, both in the color story as well as the quality of the product. It's time to give the (new) perm range some love.
I do like how MAC is building new permanent products, but making sure to stick a few crazy, fashion-forward colors into the ranges at the same time (I'm thinking of Sheer Mandarin from Seasonally Supreme and some of the eye shadows here). People will buy them, that's for sure.

Edelmc

Has anybody heard if mac will be releasing a new size palette and bringing out the new shadows in pro pans since they will be perm?

ahoythere

I bought 3 shadows and 2 glosses the other day and I must say I love them all! The shadows are quite subtle in texture, a nice low-mid shimmer, and very easy to work with. The glasses are a great texture (for me! I like em sticky so i know they are still there!), but don't be fooled by the MAs description if they tell you they are like Cremesheen glosses, or that they are les sticky than lipglasses...this is not true! They are THICK. They do have a nice slip to them, but the predominant fell is thick and sticky, so if you do not like that kind of thing, make sure you try them out first! Also, do not believe ANY of the color descriptions! They are SO OFF.

THE GLOSSES:
Show Me- very pretty mid neutral peach with slight cool undertones ( I see no plum in this at all)
Lasting Achievement- A gorgeous deep berry color. Very 90s. Really Similar to Desire and New Berry lipglasses.

THE SHADOWS:
All three shadows I bought were neutrals as I didn't find the brighter colors to be all that nuanced. (Hot Paprika was awesome, but SO not a color that looks good on me)

Sweet Satisfaction- This is the first My Lids But Better shade I have ever liked on me! It is a perfect neutral champagne, just a little bit of shimmery beige with the slightest (and I mean SLIGHT) golden warmth. Amazing as an inner eye color, but truly stellar on it's own for red lippie days. I am sure there are dupes for this, but I don't own any.

Lie Low- Very warm sheeny mid brown. Not quite copper, not quite caramel. For a warm shadow this works surprisingly well on my neutral to cool skin, especially when used between Sweet Satisfaction and Make Your Mark.

Make Your Mark- Dark chocolate....but not that dark. More like Milk chocolate. I had hoped for darker, richer, deeper brown so this was a bit of a disappointment, but it is still a pretty color and I don't have another MAC color similar. Also the texture is really nice (low shimmer) so it will work beautifully as an outer corner or crease color.

Will try to post swatches tomorrow, and I will also be going back to check out the lip pencils and try to find that "bright coral" l/g that I didn't see when I was there before.

xasperadastra

omg I just realized styledriven will arrive in europe before the usa! but I can't buy nothing now (I'm over after Mac me over)...maybe when I'll go to the counter in the middle of september I'll find it... I don't know the launch date for Italy!

Mac-Guy

omg I just realized styledriven will arrive in europe before the usa! but I can't buy nothing now (I'm over after Mac me over)...maybe when I'll go to the counter in the middle of september I'll find it... I don't know the launch date for Italy!

I hope you get some stuff so you can post swatches.

Latest posts