MAC Styledriven Discussion

elegant-one

I picked up Prolong with last year's release. I love it! I don't like layering lipliner/lipstick/gloss, but reds would always smoosh around and bleed on me. Not this one. It stays in place for hours. It's a great blue based red, but not quite as "in your face" as MAC Red. It also has a very nice sheen.

It's a go-to red for me! (NW15)
Thanks so much that really helps. I'm NW15 also. It sound like a good red on the lips.

Haven

If you were in the market for a yellow eyeshadow, would you buy Sunny Outlook from this collection or 3 Ring Yellow from MFC?

Copperhead

I think if I were in the market for a yellow shadow I'd go for Sunny Outlook. If I were in the market for a yellow with a shade of chartruese I'd go for TRY. That didn't help much did it? LOL.

SatelliteDrmr

I swatched Legendary Black today in the store. Hello Lover!!! It's a really good dupe of Hocus Pocus. I didn't have HP with me to scrutinize, but I think on the eye, they'd look about the same.

The artist used one of the PLW Lip pencils on me. The staying power was nice, and it didn't dry my lips out at all. I'm not much of a pencil person though.

LeeleeBell

I think Legendary Black is a warmer version of Hocus Pocus if that makes sense

I swatched Legendary Black today in the store. Hello Lover!!! It's a really good dupe of Hocus Pocus. I didn't have HP with me to scrutinize, but I think on the eye, they'd look about the same.

The artist used one of the PLW Lip pencils on me. The staying power was nice, and it didn't dry my lips out at all. I'm not much of a pencil person though.

Busttamuv3

Did someone ever confirm whether this was a permanent collection? also how does legendary black compare to hocus pocus in texture?

DILLIGAF

Did anybody get Whoops! lipgloss??? How is it?

I have Whoops! and like its been mentioned before by the other ladies that have the color it requires a small bit of work. Warming the color on the back of your hand and applying with a brush helps. Once you get an even application of color it truly is a beautiful color. For me its the perfect soft coral. I will recommend this gloss to everyone that will sit still enough for me to tell them about it.

peachsuns

Hope Pro Long Wear is permanent. I had a chance to see the collection today, and I liked it! I got In Anticipation lip pencil and Full Speed Ahead lipglass today. Both were very pretty! In Anticipation was a little pinker than my favorite no brand lip pencil.
love.gif
I tried Full Speed Ahead at the store. It was sticky and applied thick, but after I smoothed it out, and blotted the excess, it was fine. I LOVE the bright pink color.
cheerleader.gif

I may get Fresh Flare e/s later. This collection is permanent, right?
tong.gif

SatelliteDrmr

also how does legendary black compare to hocus pocus in texture?

The MUA at MAC yesterday said it was permanent, and that I didn't need to rush into any products.

I only swatched it on the back of my hand. It's slightly less glittery, but a bit more pigmented. I had some of the other shadows put on me during my "makeover". They seemed to blend out very nice, and they lasted all day, on top of a paint. HP tends to fade on me throughout the day, as I have kind of hooded lids (on top of NARS primer). These shadows did not. I really liked the texture of them. I will take my HP with me next time I go to the store, and swatch them side by side.

romi79_2008

^^ Lol I remember a few years back when the airflights companies changed their rules they kept showing on tv how they forced people to throw at garbage before embarking all cosmetics and they kept showing images with garbage bins flowing with high end products, going there and look through them cross my mind a couple of times

Richelle83

According to the website everything is perm except Love Forever! lipcreme-it's the only one with a triangle under it's name and the only one under the limited edition tab.

martiangurll

I can't believe I have not hauled a single e/s from this collection yet. I think I am just overwhelmed at where to start. I know I will want Styledriven, Weathered the Fresh Flare and one of the taupe colored ones...

shontay07108

I bought Sweet Satisfaction and Paprika eyeshadows today. SS is gorgeous and Paprika isn't as red as I had feared. :D The other colors don't interest me at all, so I'm done.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I grabbed Sweet Satisfaction, One to Watch and Keep Your Cool. I tried out the first two today and, yes, they are still going strong, but honestly, I'm wearing other shades with them and they look fine too. May be the non-PLW ones have faded a bit... Still, I love the colours, so rich and easy to work with!

Icecaramellatte

I picked up a few of the shadows today. I really wanted to just stick with one but I couldn't make up my mind. I ended up getting the neutral colors because with my recent numerous hauls, I figured I'd get more use of them for now. However, I swatched Keep your Cool and Fresh Flare next to each other and a bit of the Fresh Flare got on the swatch of the Keep Your Cool. I thought they looked good blended together so I ended up with both of those. I also got one of the lip pencils. The SA recommended Can't Get Enough Sheen Supreme and I ended up getting Morning Coffee lip pencil to go with it. I almost never use lip pencils but I thought maybe I should try one and see how it goes. This color was pretty neutral and I thought it would go with Offshoot lipstick from Mac Me Over as well.

I liked a lot of the colors and will definitely go back for more. I still can't believe I didn't get Hot Paprika since I really loved it when I tried it at the Pro Store last week. I'm definitely going back for Hot Paprika and a few others soon.

So I picked up so far:
-Fresh Flare
-Sunny Outlook
-Keep Your Cool
-Sweet Satisfaction
-Lie Low
-Morning Coffee lip pencil

foxxylatina07

I just love Keep Your Cool e/s it stays on for a long time and it's the perfect color to pair for with an intense smokey eye. I will have to go back for like 2 more of the eyeshadows but let's see if and when I get better. I've been with the flu for the past few days and it sux =(