MAC Styledriven Discussion

Mac-Guy

Smaller brush, less damage :)

While I also fear running out of my HG products, I know by the time the product (including BU) is finished, there will be a newer, better product waiting for me. I find it more frustrating with foundations and concealers than with other face products. A blush or highlighter are easily replaced and nobody will even notice the difference, but the search for the perfect foundation can be a daunting enterprise.

LMD84

lol! so so true! :)

And yeah that is why i don't back up much mac - they always bring out new and better things and quite often are very dupable. i'm still waiting for lollipop loving to come back though!

How to get a free haul from MAC - todays specktra blog post

Mac-Guy

I am curious to see what products will be replaced - in the long run - through these products. I hope this line wears nicely.

Piarpreet

once u get ur replacements and u dont have to use 224 for highlighter there is a trick i do, I put it really lightly in all my cheek area and put my blush on top (leaving top bare with the highlight only) and this gives it an impression that ur skin glows bellow ur blush. I love it! when i go out at night i do this.

Piarpreet

to glow from within you just need to be healthy, happy, and smile more often hahaha but if u wanna fake it then highlighter all over then blush does the job hahaha

LMD84

to glow from within you just need to be healthy, happy, and smile more often hahaha but if u wanna fake it then highlighter all over then blush does the job hahaha
lol!! well i'm pretty smiley and certainly happy. not sure on the healthy part though :p

Icecaramellatte

Quote:
once u get ur replacements and u dont have to use 224 for highlighter there is a trick i do, I put it really lightly in all my cheek area and put my blush on top (leaving top bare with the highlight only) and this gives it an impression that ur skin glows bellow ur blush. I love it! when i go out at night i do this.
Wow! I will try this tip too!

As for this collection, does anyone know if the eyeshadows will be the same texture as the Mega Metals from Peacocky?

I'm pretty much only interested in the eye shadows. As usual, the lip colors don't appeal to me although the pic isn't so great so maybe swatches will change my mind. Anyway, I mostly want to see the yellow eye shadow. Yellows don't usually pop on me (but I do well with golds) but I love the look so I keep trying. I think it's because I have so much yellow in my skin. Other than that I mostly want to see the neutral like colors. I would go for the green but I had decided to get Jealousy Wakes when it restocks but my interest in JW is starting to wane. Anyway, here is my Like to See More list:

Carefree Pale white gold (Frost)
Pink Frontier Soft golden pink (Frost)
Sunny Outlook Bright golden yellow (Satin)
Sweet Satisfaction Soft neutral beige (Frost)
One to Watch Light warm brown (Satin)
Lie Low Dark frosted golden brown (Frost)
Fresh Flare Bright kelly green (Frost)
Make Your Mark Dark chocolate (Satin)
Keep Your Cool Dark grey brown (Satin)
Legendary Black Warm almost black (Satin)

JennsJewelz

For people who were curious about depotting before, if these are the same size as the Peacocky MMS, they fit perfectly into the Ben Nye Pressed Colour palettes. I depotted all my Peacocky shadows - they are slightly more fragile, but I only nicked my first one - if you take it slow, there shouldn't be any problems. :)

Here's my Peacocky palette to show you:

You can buy them on eBay through one of the theatre store retailers - I think I paid 15 bucks for it, including shipping! Definitely worth it :) I accidentally depotted one of my Tartan Tale shadows, and those will fit into these as well... I might just have to pick up a new palette and 11 of these shadows so I have another full one! :) I'll definitely take my time since these ones are perm, though :)

Mac-Guy

If the larger e/s become standard, I hope that MAC will not wait too long before offering a palette where we can fit the e/s.

JennsJewelz

^^ I agree - I just don't know if they'll do that without offering "Pro" versions of these just in the pans - I'm guessing MAC doesn't want to advertise the depotting of their products!

Mac-Guy

^^ I agree - I just don't know if they'll do that without offering "Pro" versions of these just in the pans - I'm guessing MAC doesn't want to advertise the depotting of their products!

Haha, they should! Depotted e/s are probably the biggest B2M products.