MAC - Stylishly Yours Discussion

peachsuns

I only bought Style Curve from Stylishly Yours. Really enjoyed playing with all the colors in this collection but at the end of the day Style Curve was the only one that I really fell in love with. It looks amazing on with Sin-tillation but ... and goodness I know some ladies on here are going to kill me for saying this ... I skipped on Sin-tillation and Bubble Lounge from Cham Pale because the new Chanel spring collection just arrived at my mall and I couldn't stop comparing Sin-tillation with Chanel's Aragonite glossimer. I *had* to get Aragonite and it looks really good with Style Curve. Pure happiness.
eyelove.gif
Glad you love Style Curve!
I think I should get it very soon.
greengrin.gif

Door

Btw, I just called the counter in Helsinki - we will only get Cham Pale apparently on the 2nd, no Stylishly Yours for us.

crybaby.gif
Of these two collections this was the one I was interested in. Stupid MAC, stupid people who makes the decisions. They should've brought Stylishly Yours to Finland. They wouldn't need to bring a truck load of stuff over here. Just a small stock would have made me happy.

Teggy

Today I'm wearing Play It Proper over Blushbaby as a highlight and it's gorgeous. It's rather subtle as a highlighter (I'm NC15), but it definitely adds a natural glow. I don't think it would show up if I would wear it alone like Oh So Fair, but it makes for a nice complimentary tone

laylalovesmac

My Stylishly Yours/Cham Pale order shipped today, though I won't get it until next week (Tuesday) like I had anticipated. That's more than a week since I ordered on Monday night. Come on MAC and UPS! So frustrating since I want my stuff now.

bis

[quote name="laylalovesmac" url="/forum/thread/168657/mac-stylishly-yours-discussion/690#post_2065676"] My Stylishly Yours/Cham Pale order shipped today, though I won't get it until next week (Tuesday) like I had anticipated. That's more than a week since I ordered on Monday night. Come on MAC and UPS! So frustrating since I want my stuff now.
[/quote] Really? This long? Are they strapping it on top of a snail and they leave the poor thing to fend for itself along the way? Hope they hurry up and you get your stuff soon. I am thinking about the BP, I like all this glow talk I am hearing :D

Hilde

I've been looking for a non-golden tone highlighter for the cheekbones, maybe that's play it proper. Peach toned ones and golden ones seem to be in abundance. I have the barbie peachy one and shimpagne.

Swirlgirl

Super small haul from this one: Both b/ps and Dark Diversion f/l.

I haven't used DD as liner yet, just a quick swatch on my hand with a 209 and it wasn't at all sheer...I do worry since it is more of a red based purple that it will pull any red from my eyes and make it more noticeable, but so far it seems dark enough that it should be okay (but then I just hope it's not too dark that it is hardly indistinguishable from any other black or dark brown).

I skipped all the pigments. I have Violet already and the coral one looked too similar to Electric Coral which I already have. I skipped the others because I have really been in a no fuss makeup look lately and with brights I find that you have to be extra careful and precise.
I also have cockney and love it (but then for some reason I seem to have just discovered red lips this fall and winter)
kissy.gif

*JJ*

Today I'm wearing Play It Proper over Blushbaby as a highlight and it's gorgeous. It's rather subtle as a highlighter (I'm NC15), but it definitely adds a natural glow. I don't think it would show up if I would wear it alone like Oh So Fair, but it makes for a nice complimentary tone

i agree! play it proper gives me this gorgeous subtle shimmer on my cheeks, very natural and glowy!

elegant-one

Quote:Originally Posted by *JJ* 

i agree! play it proper gives me this gorgeous subtle shimmer on my cheeks, very natural and glowy!

So no sparkles or anything over shimmery ?

Sophia84

Too Chic or Play It Proper is better on warm skintones? (NC25) It's been such a long time since I'm lemming a Beauty Powder, actually since Barbie collection and Pearl Sunshine BP, which I absolutely adore!

HMC

Thanks, HMC! I've decided I love my RIS way too much to skip Style Curve
greengrin.gif

So hard to decide which one of the CCBs I should get. Madly Magenta is probably the most unique one but Movie Star Red was compared to Gesina and Virgin Isle gives such a fresh look it'd be great for spring and summer.

Btw, I just called the counter in Helsinki - we will only get Cham Pale apparently on the 2nd, no Stylishly Yours for us.

No problem! And that just sucks that you all won't get Stylishly Yours! But you can still order it online right??

elegant-one

Oh my, I got my Style Curve ls - its GORGEOUS on! I love love the color. Its not like Petals & Peacocks.

And, I put just a bit of the Bubble Lounge on the middle of my lower lip - GORGEOUS GORGEOUS!!!! fab I say.

Plus... I ran out to my Macys Mac & bought Play It Proper after the great reviews - L O V E !!!!! It the prettiest highlight ever! I loved it so much I just bought another. Its what I wanted the MSF to be that were always too shimmery for me.

FemmeFatale - Thanks doll - I kiss you on the lips for recommending it
kissy.gif
I am wearing Bubble Lounge so you'll get glitter on ya
girlhaha.gif

Camnagem

Plus... I ran out to my Macys Mac & bought Play It Proper after the great reviews - L O V E !!!!! It the prettiest highlight ever! I loved it so much I just bought another. Its what I wanted the MSF to be that were always too shimmery for me.
Well...I knew I'd cave on a BP soon enough (I love them!), and this did it! I thought I'd get Too Chic, but what I've been hearing about Play It Proper from all of you here made that one the winner for me. I can't wait to play with it!

elegant-one

Well...I knew I'd cave on a BP soon enough (I love them!), and this did it! I thought I'd get Too Chic, but what I've been hearing about Play It Proper from all of you here made that one the winner for me. I can't wait to play with it!
Its insanely lovely on! I have NO makeup on my face & I love it. I will wear it just like that on days where I have no time for any makeup - it makes the skin looks so beautiful! I even swept it under my eyes - love!

I haven't tried on my DD yet. I'll try it tonight. Double D's
greengrin.gif

Latest posts