MAC - Stylishly Yours Discussion

User38

lol.gif
....you should be - its me! :)

Swankering into the Bubble Lounge.....with just my pink pants - oh, & Sparkles
girlhaha.gif
The bubble lounge again.. ayyyyyyy... with pink pants and sparkles.
girlhaha.gif
I won't sleep tonight !

thud.gif

elegant-one

ok, I just tried Dark Diversion. I don't think its too sheer or pulls red. Its a true Browned Darkened Aubergine. Its really pretty & different from anything else I own. I think it will looks really pretty on the waterline too which I didn't try yet. Allure actually showed (Jan) a very similar color in a very heavy arched half moon shape lined just over the eyeball from inner to outer corner but not going all the way out on either end.

keijukainen

Thanks, HMC! I've decided I love my RIS way too much to skip Style Curve
greengrin.gif

So hard to decide which one of the CCBs I should get. Madly Magenta is probably the most unique one but Movie Star Red was compared to Gesina and Virgin Isle gives such a fresh look it'd be great for spring and summer.

Btw, I just called the counter in Helsinki - we will only get Cham Pale apparently on the 2nd, no Stylishly Yours for us.

No problem! And that just sucks that you all won't get Stylishly Yours! But you can still order it online right??
nope.gif

We can only buy Mac from two counters here, that's all.

Winthrop44

Too funny. I stopped by my Macys this morning to return a Christmas gift and checked my MAC counter. I left with one thing...Play It Proper! Love it. My Dark Diversion just arrived and I'm very happy with that as well. Those are the only 2 items I've gotten from recent collections.

rockin

lol.gif
....you should be - its me! :)

Swankering into the Bubble Lounge.....with just my pink pants - oh, & Sparkles
girlhaha.gif
Here in the UK, pants means knickers rather than trousers, so I'm probably getting quite a different image in my head than you are lol.

elegant-one

Too funny. I stopped by my Macys this morning to return a Christmas gift and checked my MAC counter. I left with one thing...Play It Proper! Love it. My Dark Diversion just arrived and I'm very happy with that as well. Those are the only 2 items I've gotten from recent collections.
Are you serious!
girlhaha.gif
that is sooo funny
friends.gif

elegant-one

Here in the UK, pants means knickers rather than trousers, so I'm probably getting quite a different image in my head than you are lol.
Knickers will work too - they're still pants, but for my reference - I apologize for any image I may put into your head
greengrin.gif

GlitterLids

Hi everyone- I will add my 2 cents on the few things I got:

Dark Diversion: I like this. I do think you have to build it to get the full color payoff (do 2 passes across the lids) but it is a nice brown-purple-burgindy on me and I'll get a lot of use out of it for lighter purple and brown looks where black eyeliner would be too harsh.

Feline: I got a back-up--I love the intensity of this liner but on me it does smear just a tad--but worth it--it is "blackest" black.

Play It Proper: Very nice but SHEER. On me it hardly showed up so I am returning it. I think if you want a subtle icey pink glow, this is good--it is not a bad product--I was just looking for somehting that had more oomph. I get the same effect from this as Perfect Topping or the loose MAc shimmer powder so I am returning it.

Something New: very pretty, smoth Amplified medium pink. I thought this was lovely....BUT check your stash. As someone who has a bunch of pinks (Utter Fun, Pink Noveau, Show orchid, Pink Burst, Rocking Chick, Girle About Town, Trimming Talk, Big Bow (HK), Strayin' (HK), ...I think you get the gist), this was a waste. If you don't have one of Mac's many medium bright pinks, then this might eb a good investment. It was a lovely color - true blue pink and not garish or too bright, and very smooth.

wavey.gif

Meryl

I was thinking of getting rid of my Play it Proper. It's just so sheer and I usually love sheer, but not what I'm looking for.... now I wonder if I should reconsider...

RayannaBanana

I was thinking of getting rid of my Play it Proper. It's just so sheer and I usually love sheer, but not what I'm looking for.... now I wonder if I should reconsider...
I have swatches of it in the swatch thread and I'm NW15. It is sheer on me but I like it and don't have anything like it. I think it works good for the winter.

elegant-one

Play it Proper is a soft focus diffused pearl look. It makes the skin look softer, highlighted, fresh - more subtle than most of the shimmery MSF. 2 different animals.

FemmeFatale

I LOVE my beauty powder in play it proper, so glowy and literally adds light into my skin where most just add a shimmer.
However, I am dissapointed with the Tickle Me Pink CCB, I think I am going to return it. I it looks like every other pink lipstick/ cremeblend I have (Its the same as sweet thing? from Lily Pulitzer basically)

Meryl

Play it Proper is a soft focus diffused pearl look. It makes the skin look softer, highlighted, fresh - more subtle than most of the shimmery MSF. 2 different animals.
Okay, I'll try again. I found it got in my pores... I'll try with a very light hand this time. Although I thought I did the first time!

katred

Specktra Bestie
How does the CCBs compare to cremeblush?

IMO, the CCBs are lighter, which means that they tend to spread more and have less impact. I also find that they have more of a tendency to crease when used anywhere near a natural line on the skin. The colour payoff is much better on the cremeblend brushes and the lasting power (although I find all creme products tend to fade on me) is better on the cremeblend products.