MAC - Stylishly Yours Discussion

elegant-one

Here is that half moon liner look that kind of reminded me of Dark Diversion. Its the Jan issue of Allure. great issue on eye makeup.

Swirlgirl

I was worried about Dark Diversion pulling red - - nope, not at all. It was exactly as Elegant said: a Browned Darkened Aubergine. And ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!
I wasn't sure with my blue-ish eyes and pink undertones in my skin if this would look right, but it was gorgeous. I stopped at the Bobbi Brown counter yesterday and even one of the MUAs commented on what a pretty liner it was.
I see a backup of this in my future. I love it that much. It's too bad that some of the best everyday basics are LE.
It seems like when other brands launch new products at least a couple of them will make in the line's permanent line. It drives me bonkers that with MAC that you either have to keep your fingers crossed for a reappearance or buy backups. That said, DD is backup worthy.

I also wore Play It Proper yesterday - - and am in love. This b/p made me look so fresh and pretty with minimal effort. I really like the cooler cast to this one - it looks better on me than the warmer tone of Too Chic, but both have a lovely texture and are really lovely. I almost like this without blush added, to just give the face a pretty youthful-is she or isn't she wearing makeup-look.

elegant-one

Quote:Originally Posted by Swirlgirl 

I was worried about Dark Diversion pulling red - - nope, not at all. It was exactly as Elegant said: a Browned Darkened Aubergine. And ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!
I wasn't sure with my blue-ish eyes and pink undertones in my skin if this would look right, but it was gorgeous. I stopped at the Bobbi Brown counter yesterday and even one of the MUAs commented on what a pretty liner it was.
I see a backup of this in my future. I love it that much. It's too bad that some of the best everyday basics are LE.
It seems like when other brands launch new products at least a couple of them will make in the line's permanent line. It drives me bonkers that with MAC that you either have to keep your fingers crossed for a reappearance or buy backups. That said, DD is backup worthy.

I also wore Play It Proper yesterday - - and am in love. This b/p made me look so fresh and pretty with minimal effort. I really like the cooler cast to this one - it looks better on me than the warmer tone of Too Chic, but both have a lovely texture and are really lovely. I almost like this without blush added, to just give the face a pretty youthful-is she or isn't she wearing makeup-look.

Ohmygosh I love this & agree with it so much as it's exactly exactly how I feel about BOTH!!!! Your very last sentence is why I bought 3 of the play it proper! Thanks dear!

GlamQueen21

This collection is gorgeous! I have walked out of the store with Neon Orange and Someting New lipsticks. My MAC store and both of the Dillard's and Macy's counters were sold out of Style Curve. i ordered Style Curve online and will get it either by Wednesday or Thursday. Too Chic is now starting to creep up on me lol Also, the CCBs are gorgeous!!!

rockin

Stylishly is going to be an expensive one for me. I HAVE to have Dark Diversion, Follow Your Fancy and New Fixation, and of course Style Curve (I've managed to persuade myself that I don't need Something New as I have a few similar colours) and I can't choose between the CCBs as they are all very different, and I think I need them all. Oh, and I think I need Play It Proper, too - yikes!

It wouldn't be so bad, but I want so many of the Peacocky eyeshadows as well.

My credit card is going to hate me

User38

Elegant darlin, I did show DD as one of my favs for this collex -- somewhere in photobucket.. lol.

The colour of this product is a wonderful mix of black/plum/burgundy without being shimmery and without being overly black/brown, which is what BB's gel liner is -- more of a browned out plum.

I have the pip in tester form.. which means no nice black case.. lol...I am waiting for the Guerlain stuff mid month I think
pretty.gif

PinkBasset

Wow Elegant, 3 Play It Propers? It is that good? You're making me wonder if I should get it. Do you think it's still worth it, even when I already have gazillion highlighters? :)

elegant-one

Wow Elegant, 3 Play It Propers? It is that good? You're making me wonder if I should get it. Do you think it's still worth it, even when I already have gazillion highlighters? :)

For me it is!!! I don't have a lot of highlighters & I am sick of the shiny fish scale shimmer thats in so many highlighters - so this is perfect for me. I wore it just the way Swirlgirl said she did & it made my skin/face look amazingly soft & pretty. Its such a beautiful diffused pearl veil. It also looks great high on the cheekbones after blush.

PinkBasset

For me it is!!! I don't have a lot of highlighters & I am sick of the shiny fish scale shimmer thats in so many highlighters - so this is perfect for me. I wore it just the way Swirlgirl said she did & it made my skin/face look amazingly soft & pretty. Its such a beautiful diffused pearl veil. It also looks great high on the cheekbones after blush.

Does it give any colour? I would like it to be just shine and glow, no colour. Thanks dear! :)

LMD84

i have decided that i odnt need the follow your fancy pigment from this collection. so this is now a complete skip for me now!

Swirlgirl

I second what Elegant said, no color, just pretty glow.

Alana, I prefer Play it Proper, but I am cooler skin toned. Too Chic has more of a golden glow.
Both are lovely though and have the same beautiful, soft texture. I'm glad I have both, but am only backing up PIP.

RayannaBanana

Just a quick suggestion for those of you using Play It Proper. Use it with Luna CCB underneath if you want it more intense but don't really want the whiteness of Luna. Before I bought Play It Proper I was using Luna for a winter highlighter (which I love especially if you're going for the icy look!) but together they are really nice as well!

RayannaBanana

oooh- thank you for the tip! I'll have to try that. Luna is one of the few CCBs I have!

You're welcome! Also I don't know if anyone saw my other post about Dark Diversion but it reminds me of Smoke Signal pigment so I've been using it as a base for the pigment. I wish it was perm because I think I'll be using those 2 together a lot! I put them both over Dangerous Cuvee PP for some shimmer!

elegant-one

Just a quick suggestion for those of you using Play It Proper. Use it with Luna CCB underneath if you want it more intense but don't really want the whiteness of Luna. Before I bought Play It Proper I was using Luna for a winter highlighter (which I love especially if you're going for the icy look!) but together they are really nice as well!

ooh, I also love Luna so I will try that thanks!

I did just order Too chic - so I can't wait to see how it compares to PiP

DILLIGAF

I think I maybe the only person on the planet the doesnt like Lavender scented products. Also I've had my current Fix + for the last few years since I use it just to wet some shadows and pigments.

rockin

I think I maybe the only person on the planet the doesnt like Lavender scented products. Also I've had my current Fix + for the last few years since I use it just to wet some shadows and pigments.

Not the only one. I can't stand the smell of lavender. Luckily that has made it easier for me to skip a few products.