MAC - To The Beach Discussion

Rinstar

I am finally getting Hipness from a kind soul here!! I'm really excited- I feel like my TTB haul is finally complete LOL.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinstar
I am finally getting Hipness from a kind soul here!! I'm really excited- I feel like my TTB haul is finally complete LOL.

yay!
smiles.gif
hipness is an awesome blush! i hope you enjoy it when it arrives!

jazm1n3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
I'm happy that you got Hipness Rinstar! It's an awesome blush and it looks great over Stereo Rose MSF if you have it.

Oooohh... good call GlamQueen21! I'm also getting Hipness in the mail this week, because I've been regretting not getting it before, so I had to hunt it down.
I can't wait for it to arrive and try it w/ Stereo Rose
th_DANCE.gif

I heard some people say that Hipness doesn't have much staying power. Is this true? I only have 2 MAC blushes, and they're both beauty powder blushes (Tippy and Fun & Games), and they last all day for me (although not very pigmented, but buildable). I never touch up during the day, so hopefully Hipness will last all day and pigmented enough for me
smiles.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazm1n3s
Oooohh... good call GlamQueen21! I'm also getting Hipness in the mail this week, because I've been regretting not getting it before, so I had to hunt it down.
th_DANCE.gif

I heard some people say that Hipness doesn't have much staying power. Is this true? I only have 2 MAC blushes, and they're both beauty powder blushes (Tippy and Fun & Games), and they last all day for me (although not very pigmented, but buildable). I never touch up during the day, so hopefully Hipness will last all day and pigmented enough for me
smiles.gif

hipness lasts all day on me!
th_dunno.gif
i just use a 129 or 109 brush to apply it to my cheeks. sure it fades a little, but doesn't dissapear
smiles.gif

jazm1n3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
hipness lasts all day on me!
th_dunno.gif
i just use a 129 or 109 brush to apply it to my cheeks. sure it fades a little, but doesn't dissapear
smiles.gif

Thanks! I was a bit worried, but hopefully it'll meet my expectation because I just LOVE the color.

I knew I was drawn to Hipness when it came out with TTB collection, but I wasn't really interested in blushes at that time. I had 5 blushes and thought it's silly to have a lot of blushes because most people can't see the difference anyway. And now, here I am, on a blush kick, acquiring 7 more blushes in 2 month span, and still want to get more!
shockt.gif
It's crazy!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Quote:
Thanks! I was a bit worried, but hopefully it'll meet my expectation because I just LOVE the color.

I knew I was drawn to Hipness when it came out with TTB collection, but I wasn't really interested in blushes at that time. I had 5 blushes and thought it's silly to have a lot of blushes because most people can't see the difference anyway. And now, here I am, on a blush kick, acquiring 7 more blushes in 2 month span, and still want to get more!
shockt.gif
It's crazy!

I did much the same thing. I had 2 or 3 blushes for the longest time, because I was convinced that the difference was invisible. I've since accumulated a LOT of blushes and MSFs, though and I can absolutely see the difference between all of them.

Hipness is a great colour by the way and completely unique. Blush fades on me really easily, but I find Hipness to be one of the better ones.

jazm1n3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred
I did much the same thing. I had 2 or 3 blushes for the longest time, because I was convinced that the difference was invisible. I've since accumulated a LOT of blushes and MSFs, though and I can absolutely see the difference between all of them.

Hipness is a great colour by the way and completely unique. Blush fades on me really easily, but I find Hipness to be one of the better ones.

Yea, I like Hipness a lot when I first saw the picture. I don't remember it being hyped and sold out like this when it came out with Fafi though, because I've seen Hipness at CCO a lot (but again, i wasn't interested in blushes, so I didn't pick it up).

Yea, I'm on pigment and blush kick this year. I hope i won't get into lipsticks and lipgloss craze too because they can go bad
ssad.gif

I'm very excited to get my Hipness (hopefully it'll be here on Thursday)!
th_DANCE.gif

marajode

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred

Me too. I had one blush all through college. And I thought I was pretty snazzy looking, because it was one of those covergirl (or loreal, something), with 3 colors for contour and hilight.
Now, I have about 30 blushes. Oh, this peach has more pink than that blush? need it!
Oh, that pink has golden shimmer, I have a pink with a more pearly shimmer, I must have the golden shimmer peach.

When I think about it, sometimes I think I need to go to the color looney bin!
But it's so much fun.
smiles.gif

I do have a question about the creme bronzers. These are my first creme blush/bronzers. How long should I expect their shelf life to be. On the one hand I don't want to go through them too quickly, on the other, if they are going to dry out before that happens, then I want to not be too conservative.
I love these creme bronzers!

Rinstar

Quote:
I'm happy that you got Hipness Rinstar! It's an awesome blush and it looks great over Stereo Rose MSF if you have it.

OOooooo I'll have to try that!! I have Stereo Rose also thanks to a kind soul here! Everybody here saves my butt when I miss LE things LOL.

ILoveMakeup84

Quote:

Ohh I have to try that also! Thanks for the tip!
greengrin.gif

jazm1n3s

I got my Hipness blush in the mail today!
th_DANCE.gif

The mail lady was like "How do you know you got a package today? Nobody ever did" because I was storming out of my apartment when I saw her putting out mails in the mailbox. Lol, she didn't know I was refreshing the usps site to track it every 5 mins or so
tong.gif

Anyway, I love the blush! Okay honestly, when I opened it, I was *a bit* disappointed because the color looks a little different from what I've seen online. The color looks deeper in real life, and it's not as pigmented as I have thought/read. It requires a good few swipes to show up on me.

I think I have too high of an expectation when I bought it, seeing it's pretty sought after. But I put it on immediately, and the color shows up just as I expected
yes.gif
It will be my go-to or everyday blush for me for sure!

GlamQueen21

Quote:
th_DANCE.gif

smiles.gif

Quote:
OOooooo I'll have to try that!! I have Stereo Rose also thanks to a kind soul here! Everybody here saves my butt when I miss LE things LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMakeup84
Ohh I have to try that also! Thanks for the tip!
greengrin.gif

Your welcome girls!! Do try it! It's really pretty!

Hypathya

Quote:

specktra_rocks.gif

th_thstars.gif
Enjoy your hipness!!

dreamer246

Lucky you, Rinstar! I thought I was getting a BN Stereo Rose in the mail via a MUA swap, but seems like the whole package went missing...
ssad.gif

On a brighter note, I finally got my hands on Lazy Day l/s from a swap. I've been searching high and low for it after it sold out, so I'm glad to have it safe in my makeup box now. I just sterilized it, can't wait to wear it soon!
smiles.gif

Rinstar

^ Ooooohhh no! That's awful about your Stereo Rose, I would be so mad!

Hipness arrived yesterday and I LOVE it! I tried it out alone last night and today I plan to try it over SR!

peachsuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer246
Lucky you, Rinstar! I thought I was getting a BN Stereo Rose in the mail via a MUA swap, but seems like the whole package went missing...
ssad.gif

On a brighter note, I finally got my hands on Lazy Day l/s from a swap. I've been searching high and low for it after it sold out, so I'm glad to have it safe in my makeup box now. I just sterilized it, can't wait to wear it soon!
smiles.gif

Oh, no, that's horrible! No tracking number or anything? Hope you'll get another chance for Stereo Rose.
th_cheerup.gif

dreamer246

There's a tracking/package number, but I don't think they can do much to track it since it is an unregistered mail... I'm SO bummed.
ssad.gif