MAC Too Fabulous Discussion

liba

Quote:
Originally Posted by allThingsGirl
what are the MBs that everyone is still using from this collection? which ones have you returned or sold/swapped?

me: i am still using two virtues, buddy up, and sun/moon

Bi-Tone = So gorgeous - always get compliments on it.

Sun/Moon = Was using this all the time until Bi-Tone took over. 'Still great, though.

Rhapsody in Two = Gets constant use as a highlighter.

I'm NC15.

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
I have to admit that Naked liner was a not a hit for me. When the MA applied it the day I got it, it looked alright, and I figured it would be good to have. But I just don't use it, and I don't really like it.

I just wish I could find a dupe for Trimmed In Pink, since two lip pencils, even the long MAC ones, won't last forever.
sigh.gif

*JJ*

Quote:
I have to admit that Naked liner was a not a hit for me. When the MA applied it the day I got it, it looked alright, and I figured it would be good to have. But I just don't use it, and I don't really like it.

really? i'm so in love with it, i use it all the time! my lips are really pigmented and naked tones them down.
i even bought a back-up, and i rarely buy back-ups!

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by *JJ*
i even bought a back-up, and i rarely buy back-ups!

This collection seems to have turned many of us into lip-pencil-backup-buyers.
Does this tell you something, MAC?
I'm thinking that there are some gaps in the MAC permanent line that some of us are thrilled to have filled by these pencils.
In my little old opinion, these need to be PERMANENT PERMANENT PERMANENT PERMANENT PERMANENT PERMANENT PERMANENT PERMANENT PERMANENT PERMANENT PERMANENT PERMANENT PERMANENT PERMANENT PERMANENT PERMANENT PERMANENT PERMANENT PERMANENT PERMANENT PERMANENT PERMANENT PERMANENT PERMANENT PERMANENT PERMANENT PERMANENT PERMANENT PERMANENT PERMANENT!
But that's just a suggestion ...

nunu

I've been wearing the lipliners that i got from this collection this week and i love them. I usually just fill in my lips with a lipliner and put a gloss on top. The lipliner stays on all day.
heart.gif

I want more lipliners!

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
I've been wearing the lipliners that i got from this collection this week and i love them. I usually just fill in my lips with a lipliner and put a gloss on top. The lipliner stays on all day.
heart.gif

I want more lipliners!

more of these lip liners anywasy! i love naked and in synch and wear them more than my beloved creamstick liners now!

PinkBasset

I just realized I have been using Rhapsody In Two for highlighting the whole summer and for the most part spring too! And it still looks brand new. But yes, I like it alot.
smiles.gif

Still haven't used Naked/In Synch/Boldly Bare, not once. Shame on me, I have to use them. Also I haven't opened the cremesheen glasses I bought with this collection, but that is on purpose.

liba

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
I just realized I have been using Rhapsody In Two for highlighting the whole summer and for the most part spring too! And it still looks brand new. But yes, I like it alot.
smiles.gif

Still haven't used Naked/In Synch/Boldly Bare, not once. Shame on me, I have to use them. Also I haven't opened the cremesheen glasses I bought with this collection, but that is on purpose.

Why didn't you bust open the cremesheen glasses? they're perms so you can go hog wild with them!

I've used Bi-Tone religiously since it came out and it's looking a little bit used by now, but that could be due to the fact the clear plastic part of the top got loose in my purse and it rolled around some before I discovered it!
weeping.gif

liba

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeSignal16
If it's anything like me, probably trying to use some other colors up first before busting these bad boys open.

I believe it. I'm kind of the opposite - I feel like any perms give me maximum excuse to slather on like cake frosting since if I use them up, more empties for b2m without the fear i'll never find them again!
th_DANCE.gif

User38

Two virtues, Buddy up and Chic couple get a lot of use from me
smiles.gif

and liba, yes, MAC has "issues" with their plastic inner lids coming loose -- I have heard they are working on this
smiles.gif

PinkBasset

Quote:
Originally Posted by liba
Why didn't you bust open the cremesheen glasses? they're perms so you can go hog wild with them!

I've used Bi-Tone religiously since it came out and it's looking a little bit used by now, but that could be due to the fact the clear plastic part of the top got loose in my purse and it rolled around some before I discovered it!
weeping.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeSignal16
If it's anything like me, probably trying to use some other colors up first before busting these bad boys open.

It's the same with me, just like SmokeSignal16 said - I have to use some of my glosses up before opening them all. I still haven't opened my Spring Colour Forecast glosses either. I have been panicking over my lippies this year, I don't want them to go bad just because I have too many and I don't have time to use them all.

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by liba
I feel like any perms give me maximum excuse to slather on like cake frosting since if I use them up, more empties for b2m without the fear i'll never find them again!
th_DANCE.gif

Isn't it awful?
When I get hold of a wonderful limited edition product, I'm reluctant to use it, in spite of its gorgeousness, because in the back of my mind, I'm thinking, "Use this all up, and there won't be any more!"
I think that's a lot of the reason for my weakness for backups. <justifies self.>
Back to Too Fabulous: The only item I bought from that collection was Trimmed in Pink lip pencil, and that was a great purchase; I've been using it like crazy.
Yes, I backed it up, and I'm glad I did.
graucho.gif

InspiredBlue

After I posted here the last time, I've actually come to like Naked liner.
blush-anim-cl.gif
I don't know if it's my tan or that I've learned to apply it with a lighter hand, but, yeah there you go. If it was repromoted I'd probably buy a backup.

LMD84

Quote:
blush-anim-cl.gif
I don't know if it's my tan or that I've learned to apply it with a lighter hand, but, yeah there you go. If it was repromoted I'd probably buy a backup.

i think that naked is a staple in my collection now. and i'd totally buy it again if they re-released it! which lets be honest, would be silly if they didn't!

martiangurll

Quote:
blush-anim-cl.gif

I have not seen swatches or anything, but it sort of sounds like what's the point? (of a naked liner) Does it show up at all?

katred

Specktra Bestie
Well, up until a couple of days ago, this was the one Mac collection all year that I had completely ignored. Didn't pick up anything. But my Pro store has had a leftover Rhapsody in Two forever and I finally decided that I'd just grab one. Wow. What a beautiful highlighter. Even the bf, who isn't interested in blush and highlighters noticed how pretty it was. So now I've bought from every collection this year...
mac_addict.gif

PinkBasset

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred
Well, up until a couple of days ago, this was the one Mac collection all year that I had completely ignored. Didn't pick up anything. But my Pro store has had a leftover Rhapsody in Two forever and I finally decided that I'd just grab one. Wow. What a beautiful highlighter. Even the bf, who isn't interested in blush and highlighters noticed how pretty it was. So now I've bought from every collection this year...
mac_addict.gif

I love RIT, glad you got the chance to have it!
thmbup.gif