MAC Tropical Taboo Collection (2013)

calliegirl

I have fixed a bunch of shattered makeup that way.. including baked eyeshadows and blushes from when I depotted all my baked products.. my skinfinish natural broke and I fixed it this way.. break up the remaining pieces and drop some alcohol into the compact.. not enough to make it soupy but enough to make it pliable.. I ise plastic wrap and just re mold it into shape and let the compact sit open over night to dry.. works every time.. its never ruined any of mine.

BuickMackane

I have fixed a bunch of shattered makeup that way.. including baked eyeshadows and blushes from when I depotted all my baked products.. my skinfinish natural broke and I fixed it this way.. break up the remaining pieces and drop some alcohol into the compact.. not enough to make it soupy but enough to make it pliable.. I ise plastic wrap and just re mold it into shape and let the compact sit open over night to dry.. works every time.. its never ruined any of mine.
Is it absolutely necessary to turn the product into paste before pressing it? I recently depotted some Inglot singles and some of the shadows cracked in the process. They all remain very much intact, but they're unlikely to stay that way unless I do something. I was thinking of spraying them with alcohol and pressing them without breaking them up first. I love my Inglot shadows but boy are they delicate!

calliegirl

Yes you can do it that way.. just drop some alcohol in and kinda smooth it back over. It should do the trick:) I just depotted my book of shadows this weekend and had to do that, because one just very barely cracked but didnt shatter.

BuickMackane

Yes you can do it that way.. just drop some alcohol in and kinda smooth it back over. It should do the trick:) I just depotted my book of shadows this weekend and had to do that, because one just very barely cracked but didnt shatter.
Thank you
flower.gif

I was reasonably confident that it'd work but I needed reassurance before I went ahead with Operation E/S Press. Might as well order that 99% isopropyl alcohol then!

NewChick10

I see that Heronine lip pencil is back in stock. You only see it when you go to the collection Tropical Taboo Colour. If you search for it it will say sold out. I was able to add it to my cart too. I don't know if this is gonna be a problem. ----- http://www.maccosmetics.com/whats_new/11158/New-Collections/Tropical-Taboo-Colour/index.tmpl
25h05d5.png

Yazmin

Damn! The site's currently being updated. Guess I'll go take a shower and check back before I go to bed.

NewChick10

Well dang I just checked it from the collection link and now it says sold out that quick http://www.maccosmetics.com/whats_new/11158/New-Collections/Tropical-Taboo-Colour/index.tmpl

Serenityy

Super sad I missed out on the restock of Heroine l/l. I'm almost done with mine because I have been using it a lot (pairing it with Narcissus l/g, Heaux l/s, Heroine l/g). I guess I will have to settle for Fashion Boost l/l from the Retro Matte collection. I'm happy for those who were able to snag it, it's an awesome lipliner!
flower.gif

martiangurll

Super sad I missed out on the restock of Heroine l/l. I'm almost done with mine because I have been using it a lot (pairing it with Narcissus l/g, Heaux l/s, Heroine l/g). I guess I will have to settle for Fashion Boost l/l from the Retro Matte collection. I'm happy for those who were able to snag it, it's an awesome lipliner!
flower.gif
You can still get Fashion Boost from the new collection, they are close!

kimibos

I skipped this collection but now im going back for the face brush, maybe all 3 msf's and i already ordered Tropica MES Yesterday.
th_wiggle2.gif

Debbs

I haven't used the MES with TFGG but I did do a combo with either Time to Tango or Tropica (always confuses them) mixed in with Palace Pedigree and it was cool. I always spray a bit of Fix+ on my brushes and use Shell CCB as a primer for all my MES. It really controls any glitter fall-out that you may experience plus it makes the eyeshadow really stand out.