MAC Viva Glam Nicki Minaj 2013

OctoberViolet

WTH happened to the lavender lippie?
angry.gif
This looks way too milky pink in my opinion. I am not a happy camper right now. I am hopefully receiving my black box today or tomorrow, so I will let you guys know if my lippie is more purple.

Copperhead

I just got my Nicki2 from the post office and I can't wait to play with this baby! I just swatched it on my hand and it looks lavender pink. I think that's how MAC describes it actually. I think if you pair it with a purple liner, more of the lavender will come out and if you pair it with a pinkish liner, more of the pink will come out. I plan on pairing it with purplish liners though.

ETA: Nicki2 is almost in the same shade family as my NYX Power except Power isn't as "white".

BuickMackane

WTH happened to the lavender lippie?
angry.gif
This looks way too milky pink in my opinion. I am not a happy camper right now. I am hopefully receiving my black box today or tomorrow, so I will let you guys know if my lippie is more purple.
That's why I'm disappointed too. Too pink, too milky. It may look nice with the right liner but I wanted something that didn't need a liner to make it nice.

linotte

I'm a little confused, myself, at the amount of pink in VG Nicki 2. Isn't lavender supposed to be on the cooler side (i.e., more blue) and lilac on the warmer side (i.e., more pink)?

I wouldn't say I'm disappointed, necessarily, but I did find it odd, since the color has specifically been referred to as "lavender." I just expected it to be a little truer purple.

GlamYOURUs

This is a VERY NICKI color. But doesn't mean it would suit us (or her tbh). It's one of those extremely edgy colors that scream DRAG or JERSEY SHORE!

Copperhead

I think a lot depends on the color of your lips too. When I look at the lippie in the tube, I see a light purple. When swatched, I see a light purple with maybe a hint of pink. My lips are funny. My top lip is brown and my bottom lip is pretty much pink (probably because I'm always picking my bottom lip) so I have no idea how this will look on my actual lips once I apply it. I'm not trying it on until I get rid of this funky cold I have. I must say though that I like how it looks on MacJunkie85. If it looks like that on me then I'm a happy camper.

bluelitzer

Oh man, the color is too cool and pale for my skintone. The lipglass looks more promising from different bloggers' pictures. I think I will get that instead of the lipstick.

Kaidan

I wore this lipstick with NYX Purple liner. I love it!
The lipstick looks amazing on you!

I really hope that VGN2 isn't Saint Germain's little sister or cousin because I might end up looking like a Jersey Shore reject. D: Maybe I'll just get the gloss instead. I can't wait to try it out on Thursday.

linotte

My apologies for the terrible lighting, but I do think this photo shows the lipstick pretty true to color.

My VG Nicki 2 came in the mail today. I may just be part unicorn, but I actually really love it and find it a fairly wearable color. For reference, I am NW20, so the coolness and paleness of my skin may help a lot with that.

Anyway, here's a lip swatch:

There is a slight lilac tinge to it that isn't really coming across in the photo, but it more or less gives the look of a very, very, very cool (and pale) pink on me.

ChosenOne

My apologies for the terrible lighting, but I do think this photo shows the lipstick pretty true to color.

My VG Nicki 2 came in the mail today. I may just be part unicorn, but I actually really love it and find it a fairly wearable color. For reference, I am NW20, so the coolness and paleness of my skin may help a lot with that.

Anyway, here's a lip swatch:

There is a slight lilac tinge to it that isn't really coming across in the photo, but it more or less gives the look of a very, very, very cool (and pale) pink on me.
LOL well unicorn or not, the l/s definitely works for you!

valkolak

I cannot believe how smooth Nicki 2 is. And my lips are dry as hell today even. So pretty. Makes my teeth look yellower though
eeksign.gif

OctoberViolet

Thank you, MACupGrl for the swatches. On your lips and arm it looks lavender which is what I want it to look like on me. On some swatches it appears more pink. MAC is playing with our heads again.
angry.gif
I hope mine looks like yours...more on the lavender side. It looks really pretty

Copperhead

This is how I'm hoping Nicki2 looks on me when I try it on.

http://savagelyyours.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Neva-End-future2.jpg

OctoberViolet

YES! I like how it looks on her. More lavender than pink. And you can see the blue undertones. Fingers crossed ours will look like this.
flower.gif

This is how I'm hoping Nicki2 looks on me when I try it on.

http://savagelyyours.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Neva-End-future2.jpg

Copperhead

YES! I like how it looks on her. More lavender than pink. And you can see the blue undertones. Fingers crossed ours will look like this.
flower.gif
I don't know if that's Nicki2 on her lips though. I'm just hoping that's the color I get once I apply it on my lips.
girlhaha.gif

RaizinnthaSun

Thank you for the swatch!!!! Yeah, they're not alike at all....
OK, as promised, Famously Fab gloss and Viva Glam Nicki 2 gloss. It's kinda grumpy out today, so my skin color is almost the right color for a change (it usually ends up looking too dark and yellow), but there's a bit of diffused glare.

In their tubes, FF on the left, VG N2 on the right:

On my inner arm, FF on the top, VG N2 on the bottom:

FF is darker and redder, while VG N2 is lighter and cooler. FF also has "pearl" in it. If this swatch shot sucks too much, let me know and i can try again.

Latest posts