MAC Viva Glam Nicki Minaj 2013

JadeAudrey

You won't know untill you try. I have yellow undertones and I like St. Germain and Quite Cute, but I think the key is to pair them with the right blush and eye make up. Where it sort of goes bad is when the lippy has too much white pigment in it and gives the appearance that you put concealer on your lips. (or in the words of a funny lady here, like you smoked crack then ate a package of powdered donuts) I think fairer ladies have less of a problem with this, unless their lips are really pigmented. If it didn't look like "concealer lips" on Nicki, it probably won't be too bad on you. (Fleshpot looks like this on me, unflattering to say the least)

I am not a fan of having to use a lipgloss to make a lipstick work, but if you really want the product (its for a for a good cause), sometimes you can layer gloss on top and cancel out an unflattering tone--e.g. I like to layer a pink gloss over some of my nude lippies if they pull to orange on me but sometimes that is more work than I want to do (or if jacks up the finish) so I just wait for a color I do like that I don't have to mess with. I think we just have to wait for the bloggers to do some swatches on the lips to know before we try it. I am not sure layering any gloss over a lippy that has too much white pigmentation will fix it, so if I see lip swatches that look like concealer lips, I will know to skip this one, but I am trying to keep an open mind until I see those swatches.
You know, you're right. I think I will give it a go. Thank you!

LAKESHA1908

I love VG N2 with NYX Dolly Pink l/l....If you want to darken it use a darker l/l or e/l.....With makeup there are no rules in my book.

Options:

MAC Magenta...which I don't prefer because, I kinda like the true color look.
NYX Dolly Pink (The Fave)
NYX Purple Rain
NYX Plum
MAC Plum
NYX Natural

or a lilac colored lip pencil

If you have a darker skin tone

MAC Currant
MAC Cork
MAC Plum
NYX Plum
NYX Purple Rain

I guess it just depends on how you want to tone it down.

KiKi Kontour

I love VG N2 with NYX Dolly Pink l/l....If you want to darken it use a darker l/l or e/l.....With makeup there are no rules in my book.

Options:

MAC Magenta...which I don't prefer because, I kinda like the true color look.
NYX Dolly Pink (The Fave)
NYX Purple Rain
NYX Plum
MAC Plum
NYX Natural

or a lilac colored lip pencil

If you have a darker skin tone

MAC Currant
MAC Cork
MAC Plum
NYX Plum
NYX Purple Rain

I guess it just depends on how you want to tone it down.
great recommendations!!

bluelitzer

I wish I was able to pull off a lavender color! I love the swatch but know it would look terrible on me.
I hear ya. I love the swatches but I'm in no hurry to buy this. Would probably get something that would look good on me that I don't have in the permanent line. The permanent lipsticks don't get as much love. lol

sherm

Hey all! Just wanted to slip in my photo with Nicki 2 for my fellow palies. I'm ~NW20 right now. I put Pagoda cremesheen glass over the top which makes it pull sliiiiightly more pink, but it's a great pairing! I haven't figured out the best way to wear just the ls without a "flat" effect to it but I have some new liners coming soon so I will play and report back!
1a42162a_image.jpeg

LAKESHA1908

looooove purple rain!!
i use that raggedy azz mac resort eye kohl liner on my lips!! it was HORRIBLE as an eye liner
great recommendations!!
Thanks Kiki and you know what else VG NICKI2 lipglass over UP THE AMP is bangin' as well!!!

I think my fave combo's are NYX Dolly Pink and MAC Plum for the VG NICKI2 l/s...I'ma try some more out and see ; )

Shadowy Lady

This is a VERY NICKI color. But doesn't mean it would suit us (or her tbh). It's one of those extremely edgy colors that scream DRAG or JERSEY SHORE!
yep! I saw it at the counter today but I was too scared to try it on. I'm in between NW20/25 right now and usually do good with cool toned pinks like Snob or St Germain. But this one is a bit much. I'm sure it will work with some sorta liner but I prefer lipsticks that can work on their own as well as with a liner.

Long time no see btw Glam :)

kimbunney

soo i justmy nicki today.... woah talk about powdered donut with a hint of lavender lmao lol i didnt think it was going to be too crazy but def is. I would have to play around a little more with it because i do want it to work.
That's the best way to describe it. The lipglass reminds me a lot of Budding Love l/g.

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
yep! I saw it at the counter today but I was too scared to try it on. I'm in between NW20/25 right now and usually do good with cool toned pinks like Snob or St Germain. But this one is a bit much. I'm sure it will work with some sorta liner but I prefer lipsticks that can work on their own as well as with a liner.

Well, test it and if you hate it, wipe it off
heart2.gif
you'll only lose a couple minutes.

I'm 15-20 neutral and wear both Snob and Angel, but not St. Germain. It's a little too pale pink for me.

I swear the VG N2 in my box is pinker than the tester was at the shop, but i'll make it work... i can use it with some lipsticks that are too fuchsia / magenta for my taste. I'm not into bright lipsticks, so this can tone them down. I may even try it with Strong Woman. I have mixed feelings about it - i think it's too red for me, but i hate to give up on it.

Naughtyp

I have to say i am suprised how much i like this lipstick! not alone of course lol but i love how different liners and lipsticks change it

brittttanyann

50069ca1_image.jpeg
New to the community here. So here is a lip combo I did with VGN2. I used Sephora Candid Candy liner all over the lips before VGN2 then applied the VGN2 gloss on top and I love it! For reference I am currently NC25. Hopefully this lipstick works for others too!!!

Copperhead

New to the community here. So here is a lip combo I did with VGN2. I used Sephora Candid Candy liner all over the lips before VGN2 then applied the VGN2 gloss on top and I love it! For reference I am currently NC25. Hopefully this lipstick works for others too!!!
Yes! It's totally working for you.

duckrodeo

Got my VGN2 in the mail yesterday so I decided to try it on (pic on the left). Not a fan of what it looks like by itself, and it took quite a few coats to make it opaque over my pigmented lips. I much much much prefer it mixed with Magenta liner (on the right).

This is definitely a layering lipstick for me! lol